Bluelight

Thread: IV midazolam/Versed. Anyone with experience?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    IV midazolam/Versed. Anyone with experience? 
    Hello all, I have approx. 7.5mg of Versed, in IV form. Anyone have experience with IV versed? How was the high? I cant find much on it. Im not planning on using it all at once. Maybe like 3-3.5mg at a time, i dont want to be too tired. I usually just play some games when im "using" (whatever it may be). Im just looking for a euphoric good time and just relax.

2. Collapse Details

I will say there are experienced people, but you'll likely be waiting a bit for a response so don't be surprised if it takes a bit to learn anything.

3. Collapse Details

Isn't that midazolam? The pre-anesthesia anesthesia? The "twilight sleep" you get during a colonoscopy? Even our ambassador of good cheer, Mr. Tacodude, seems blase about it, and he loves colonscopies.

Nothing about it sounds much like fun. It has a slow onset, even IV, so don't expect any kind of rush that way. It has a pretty variable duration of effect, that could be as short as an hour. Lots of people have had it before, but you don't hear many of them talk excitedly about this new stuff at the dentist, most of them seem to prefer good ol' nitrous.

Max dose for healthy adults is 2.5mg by IV, slow, over 2 minutes, and I'm not sure if that's with or without intubation, so if you do want to try this for some reason, start with 1mg and have some sober person around for the next six hours. Maybe they can pull a tooth for you or stick a webcam up your butt.

4. Collapse Details

Oh that would be a pain to do a slow infusion.... I wouldn't even bother if that was necessary. Would doing a fast injection ruin it?

After my c-lam solution of 75 mg I injected a lot of made me black or for 4 days I don't really fuck with benzos besides that one time.

5. Collapse Details

Other Drugs
    Route
    Onset of Action
    Peak Effect
    Duration of Action
    IV
    1-2 minutes
    3-5 minutes
    15min. - 6hours
    IM
    5-15 minutes
    15-60 minutes
    2-6 hours
    Oral
    < 10 minutes
    30 minutes
    2-6 hours

Seeing as it's main effects are said to last between 15mins and 6 hours, I can't really recommend this one for recreational purposes, not that's what we're here for anyways.

As the other's have said, keep a buddy nearby if it's use is a foregone conclusion.

https://sedationcertification.com/resources/sedation-medications/benzodiazepines/midazolam-versed/

6. Collapse Details

I've been given IV Versed on at least 12 occasions for nerve burnings, epidurals and to calm me before surgeries. I have a high tolerance to my pain meds but low tolerance to benzos (2mgs of klonopin a day).

I thought Versed rocked and if I ever wanted to stick a needle in me it would be for Fentanyl and Versed. It messed me up pretty bad at 1mg and kind of lingered for a few hours. I highly enjoyed it.

7. Collapse Details

Other Drugs
    Hey Chronicpain54, not sure if there's a question in there but:

Fent + IV benzos is one ballsy aspiration, those two especially. We were expressing caution for the Versed alone with OP-Chris, but throw the Fent in and you have about the same chances winning the lottery as walking away from a regular habit of that. In a twilight sedation setting you have several people and Pulse-Ox monitors with bells and whistles, Crash-Carts, most everything the practicing Home Twilight sedation aficionado lacks. I strongly caution you on this particular combo and suggest more research and the company of a quick thinking, responsible friend with a charged cell phone at the time of use.

8. Collapse Details

Ive had it before surgeries several times and one time during a back surgery (combined with fent) in which i remained awake.

IV midazolam is pretty good, very euphoric but not physically euphoric like opioids, more like a wasted drunk euphoria but very clean feeling compared to alcohol. Lots of memory loss too.

combining with opioids without an anethesiologist there with you is likely to lead to death

9. Collapse Details

Jekyl he was saying he got the combo in the hospital under observation, which obviously is the only way it should be done.

10. Collapse Details

The package insert discusses dosage for intubated patients. So often IV drug users forget to plug in their heart/lung machines before shooting up.

Anyway, ask yourself if hospital staff would use a drug to sedate screaming children before surgery if it made them giddy and high.

Actually, it reminds me of passing through the post-operative areas in the children's hospital I did a very quick internship in, the area where they like hold them while putting on the makeup before the parents can come in. The look in a kid's face as he comes to, this slow building lower-lip tremble, hyperventilating pre-scream "the fuck did you DO TO ME!?" always cracked me up.

Keep in mind it's because the rest of the rounds were full of the pre-sedation versions.

11. Collapse Details

Other Drugs
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronicpain54 View Post
    I've been given IV Versed on at least 12 occasions for nerve burnings, epidurals and to calm me before surgeries. I have a high tolerance to my pain meds but low tolerance to benzos (2mgs of klonopin a day).

I thought Versed rocked and if I ever wanted to stick a needle in me it would be for Fentanyl and Versed. It messed me up pretty bad at 1mg and kind of lingered for a few hours. I highly enjoyed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tacodude View Post
    Jekyl he was saying he got the combo in the hospital under observation, which obviously is the only way it should be done.
    Ah,, no he wasn't. I was talking to the 2nd guy. Not Chris or Lucid Drmr. Assuming the "if I ever wanted to stick a needle in me" as in doing it yourself vs a nurse.

12. Collapse Details

I guess I missed that, but it could also just be a funny way of saying if he wanted to get anything in the hospital iv it would be that. Again obviously no one should try that alone and I'm guessing someone experienced like them with in patient anesthesia treatment shouldn't need to be told that I'd hope.

13. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Sober Living
    Words
    My hopes are blighted, my heart is broken, my life a burden, everything around me is sad and mournful; earth has become distasteful to me, and human voices distract me. It is mercy to let me die, for if I live I shall lose my reason and become mad.
    It will be a mild experience.

14. Collapse Details

Other Drugs
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrofula View Post
    The package insert discusses dosage for intubated patients. So often IV drug users forget to plug in their heart/lung machines before shooting up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain.Heroin View Post
    It will be a mild experience.
    At least we arrived at a consensus.

15. Collapse Details

Those aren't exclusive--it's anesthesia, and the road to your induced coma, requiring machines to keep you breathing, should be mild and uneventful.

Like a flight from SFO to DFW. Boring, not very long, a little uncomfortable at times, pay no attention to the two bus-sized engines hurtling you at 600mph through the air, five miles above the Earth; only a loose bolt away from you and maybe your immediate family, plunging toward Nevada, taking just long enough to have a full suite of reactions to your imminent demise, enough time to reflect, and regret.

Routine stuff.

16. Collapse Details

Sorry for not being more specific. I was given Fentanyl and versed together Before the procedures that my doctor performed on me. I've never even considered sticking a needle in any part of my body but what I was saying is that if I did, it would definitely be for the combination of Fentanyl and versed that my anesthesiologist Used on me before the procedures.

17. Collapse Details

Other Drugs
    Quote Originally Posted by tacodude View Post
    I guess I missed that, but it could also just be a funny way of saying if he wanted to get anything in the hospital iv it would be that. Again obviously no one should try that alone and I'm guessing someone experienced like them with in patient anesthesia treatment shouldn't need to be told that I'd hope.
    Thank You for clearing that up CP54. A point goes to Tacodude and his intuition for picking up on that.

18. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrofula View Post

Anyway, ask yourself if hospital staff would use a drug to sedate screaming children before surgery if it made them giddy and high.

Actually, it reminds me of passing through the post-operative areas in the children's hospital I did a very quick internship in, the area where they like hold them while putting on the makeup before the parents can come in. The look in a kid's face as he comes to, this slow building lower-lip tremble, hyperventilating pre-scream "the fuck did you DO TO ME!?" always cracked me up.

Keep in mind it's because the rest of the rounds were full of the pre-sedation versions.

You expect way too much- Come on, it’s not like this is used to knock you out for surgery ???

19. Collapse Details

Wait, what am I expecting?

20. Collapse Details

Do the people saying it would be garbage have any experience with it?

its nowhere as good as shooting any type of opiate including euphoric-less fentanyl...but its not that bad.

21. Collapse Details

It's true, this thread has got me so jacked to try it, I scheduled my own colonoscopy to find out.

Check me in the trip report later.

22. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I had a colonoscopy to have propafol and fentanyl.

Waking up in the druggiest most fucked up state and feeling that afterglow for that day was quite worth the bowel prep (almost) its a pity my toilet was blocked though.

23. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by scrofula View Post
    it's true, this thread has got me so jacked to try it, i scheduled my own colonoscopy to find out.

Check me in the trip report later.
    lol

24. Collapse Details

When I was an inpatient I nicked a bunch of midazolam amps and whacked them in my central line - lost several hours acting like a loon according to the nurses present. This was after previously being given midazolam for a transoesopageal echocardiogram, dr stepped out the room didn't lock the meds away! Wouldn't do it again...

25. Collapse Details

Those things'll slice your fingers off, these days, what with the automatic snapping shut.

Was your sonagram-thing for pancreatitis, by any chance? Always thought it's not a good scanning device if half the time it induces what it was looking for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast