Bluelight

Thread: Kratom strength in relative to opiates question

1. Collapse Details
    Kratom strength in relative to opiates question 
    I've been taking red bali for a few weeks now but a few days ago I got prescribed some hydrocodone for a pretty painful foot problem. The problem is the hydrocodone didn't do a damn thing for pain relief. Even in dosses up to 40mg. I don't really take Kratom to get high but rather it's pain relief on my back.

Is 7-Hydroxymitragynine that much stronger than hydrocodone?

2. Collapse Details

It could be that your genetics are hit harder by kratom than hydro.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CfZrx View Post
    It could be that your genetics are hit harder by kratom than hydro.
    Could be but hydrocodone used to get me pretty stoned years ago. The kratom is definitely hitting my opioid receptors pretty hard compared to the hydros.

4. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Sober Living
    Life Advice & Visual Arts
    Other Drugs
    Drugs in the Media
    I sorta of believe kratom might include partial agonists, because I haven’t been able to get where I normally would be able to get using hydrocodone directly following kratom in the same day.

7HO is about the same in terms of potency and effects mg for mg as oxycodone IME, but with a ceiling of about 21mg. That’s just my body though, everyone is a little different.

But yes, I’d say 7HO probably more potent and has more significant effects than hydrocodone, but only up to about 20mg. I would prefer the effects of hydrocodone though.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1907 View Post
    I've been taking red bali for a few weeks now but a few days ago I got prescribed some hydrocodone for a pretty painful foot problem. The problem is the hydrocodone didn't do a damn thing for pain relief. Even in dosses up to 40mg. I don't really take Kratom to get high but rather it's pain relief on my back.

Is 7-Hydroxymitragynine that much stronger than hydrocodone?
    In my experience; yes.

6. Collapse Details

un-fucking believable!
    I just took about 120mg of codeine and it did more than the 40mg hydrocodone.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1907 View Post
    un-fucking believable!
    I just took about 120mg of codeine and it did more than the 40mg hydrocodone.
    I think this thread has opened a portal to a Netherworld where drugs start working in strange ways.

8. Collapse Details

I was blown away the other day. I have some Red Borneo (7.5mg) and it was actually stronger then my 40mg hydrocodone dose. It felt exactly like a opiate. I tried a few strains Red Bali, Gold Bali and Red Thai. They were good, but the Borneo is now my "strain of choice". Im going to try to Red MD on my next order.