Bluelight

Thread: Volume of water for CWE ?

Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. Collapse Details
    Volume of water for CWE ? 
    #1
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    148
    Okay so i have a generic box of 32 tablets containing 8mg codeine 500mg paracetamol. What volume of water should i be using to this amount of tablets ? May seem like a dumb question but i dont know weather im using too much or too less, currently im using just over half a pint to 32 tablets to dissolve and then filter.
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    Administrator spacejunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    19,645
    I think you're using more than you need to. When i used to do CWEs, i would use very little water - maybe a mouthful or two.

    It filters quicker, the less you use - and is probably less likely to overload or break filters, depending on what you're using.
    ✺✹✺✹BLUA✺✹✺✹
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by spacejunk View Post
    I think you're using more than you need to. When i used to do CWEs, i would use very little water - maybe a mouthful or two.

    It filters quicker, the less you use - and is probably less likely to overload or break filters, depending on what you're using.
    Well i do have a few more boxes, trial and error i guess. Im just awaiting my current mix to slightly freeze and do the filtering.. However with the next box of 32 how much in ml or whatever would you suggest to use to all 32 ?
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Administrator spacejunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    19,645
    It really depends on your tolerance - i wouldn't want to hazard a guess, but if you get good effects off less than 32 pills, i'd recommend sticking with that.
    The more you use, the higher your tolerance, the less the effects are likely to be - diminishing returns.

    I don't know if there is a saturation point with codeine in water, but i'm pretty sure ~256mg of codeine should dissolve easily in, say, 50mL of cold water.
    ✺✹✺✹BLUA✺✹✺✹
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by spacejunk View Post
    It really depends on your tolerance - i wouldn't want to hazard a guess, but if you get good effects off less than 32 pills, i'd recommend sticking with that.
    The more you use, the higher your tolerance, the less the effects are likely to be - diminishing returns.

    I don't know if there is a saturation point with codeine in water, but i'm pretty sure ~256mg of codeine should dissolve easily in, say, 50mL of cold water.
    I have been boiling the kettle letting it cool for 5 mins then dissolving the tablets that way until its luke warm then popping in the freezer that is correct isnt it ? But on this next go i will use 50ml of water.
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Administrator spacejunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    19,645
    Have you tried it with room temp water? If the pills will dissolve without heating the water, i tend to think that's better (safer) as it's less likely to dissolve any of the paracetamol.
    ✺✹✺✹BLUA✺✹✺✹
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by spacejunk View Post
    Have you tried it with room temp water? If the pills will dissolve without heating the water, i tend to think that's better (safer) as it's less likely to dissolve any of the paracetamol.
    Nope havent tried that, havent been doing it long to be honest. I went off a guy who told me his method and had been doing it for his girlfriend whos alergic to paracetamol for years so assumed it was one of best ways. Would have assumed room temp would take a long time.
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Administrator spacejunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    19,645
    I always did it with room temp water, and most brands of codeine/paracetamol pills over here in australia dissolved no problem.
    I actually found that room temp and not touching or agitating them, they'd just crumble into the solution in 5-10 minutes.
    ✺✹✺✹BLUA✺✹✺✹
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Bluelighter Pickledlemons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    697
    It doesnt really matter. I've heard people using as little as 5mls but i usually use 1/4 - 1/2 cup.

    There is a solubility chart on this page

    https://erowid.org/pharms/codeine/codeine_faq.shtml
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    I usually use about 200ml
     

  11. Collapse Details
     
    #11
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    148
    Thanks for the info guys
     

  12. Collapse Details
     
    #12
    It filters quicker of you only pour a bit at a time the trick is to not get the filters clogged.
     

  13. Collapse Details
     
    #13
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrickforsterter View Post
    It filters quicker of you only pour a bit at a time the trick is to not get the filters clogged.
    After a couple of try’s I have actually noticed that clogging up and I do pour bits at a time so it’s littlerally dropping filtering through.
     

  14. Collapse Details
     
    #14
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by isaaccain View Post
    I usually use about 200ml
    To a box of 32 tablets ?
     

  15. Collapse Details
     
    #15
    Moderator
    Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
    sekio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    rainbow factory
    Posts
    19,139
    About 1ml to 1.5ml per 325mg pill works good.
    Guidelines for OD ||| OD Standards ||| OD Directory Read Me First! ||| NPD Rules
    Please read the links above or PM me if I lock your post. Stay Safe. R.I.P. F28
     

  16. Collapse Details
     
    #16
    If you use to little water it clogs and I lose about 30% of codeine at least plus some tablets are slightly tampered with so a cwe takes a little longer u just gotta have patience which is easy for me because I got my prescription codeine as well hehe
     

  17. Collapse Details
     
    #17
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by sekio View Post
    About 1ml to 1.5ml per 325mg pill works good.
    Sorry but to me that doesn’t make sense, I’m from the uk. The tablets are 600mg paracetamol/8mg codeine I just need to know how much water in millilitres I need to use to 33 tablets for CWE. Around 200-300millilitres is what I’m currently using.
     

  18. Collapse Details
     
    #18
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrickforsterter View Post
    If you use to little water it clogs and I lose about 30% of codeine at least plus some tablets are slightly tampered with so a cwe takes a little longer u just gotta have patience which is easy for me because I got my prescription codeine as well hehe
    I can only get the 500/30mg co codamol prescription only, not just pure codeine tablets ��. Lucky you haha
     

  19. Collapse Details
     
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Inc3pti0n View Post
    Sorry but to me that doesn’t make sense, I’m from the uk. The tablets are 600mg paracetamol/8mg codeine I just need to know how much water in millilitres I need to use to 33 tablets for CWE. Around 200-300millilitres is what I’m currently using.
    200 ml should be good for most but their is one brand that seems to swell when dissolved its still easy to filter 100% if ur a pro with these brands I would use an extra 50-100 ml because you actually have to use more water with these brands or lots of the water gets sucked up by the extra paste they produce easy to swallow shape tablets work best less fillers.
     

  20. Collapse Details
     
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Inc3pti0n View Post
    I have been boiling the kettle letting it cool for 5 mins then dissolving the tablets that way until its luke warm then popping in the freezer that is correct isnt it ? But on this next go i will use 50ml of water.
    I dunno wot tablets you are dissolving but you should use at least 150 ml of water and add another 50 ml to rinse the filter before squeezing and removing it, using 50 ml of water is stupid and pointless u spill just a little 10 ml and uve lost a good 60 mg codeine and another reason it's stupid at least if ur using the tablets I am some tablets absorb the water like a sponge and you will end up with not even 15 mls getting through and the rest trapped in the apap filter I've been doing this for a long time, my extractions are always crystal clear and look the same as normal drinking water it's a lot better using a little to much water than using to little I used to use no more 50 ml to dissolve 17000+ mgs of apap and 256 + mg codeine all I can say is if you do that don't expect to get 100% out of your cwe

    Any newbies want anymore advice I have posted dozens of tips to do the cwe properly and I keep it simple just look through my post history I hope I can help you get the most out of ur cwes have a nice day or evening 😊
     

  21. Collapse Details
     
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by sekio View Post
    About 1ml to 1.5ml per 325mg pill works good.
    nah 5 mls minimal
     

  22. Collapse Details
     
    #22
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrickforsterter View Post
    I dunno wot tablets you are dissolving but you should use at least 150 ml of water and add another 50 ml to rinse the filter before squeezing and removing it, using 50 ml of water is stupid and pointless u spill just a little 10 ml and uve lost a good 60 mg codeine and another reason it's stupid at least if ur using the tablets I am some tablets absorb the water like a sponge and you will end up with not even 15 mls getting through and the rest trapped in the apap filter I've been doing this for a long time, my extractions are always crystal clear and look the same as normal drinking water it's a lot better using a little to much water than using to little I used to use no more 50 ml to dissolve 17000+ mgs of apap and 256 + mg codeine all I can say is if you do that don't expect to get 100% out of your cwe

    Any newbies want anymore advice I have posted dozens of tips to do the cwe properly and I keep it simple just look through my post history I hope I can help you get the most out of ur cwes have a nice day or evening 
    can you inbox me your method please my solution isn’t crystal clear it’s slightly cloudy and I mean the slightest bit. I don’t wer the tissue (filter) I just pour away slowly
     

  23. Collapse Details
     
    #23
    Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Keif' Richards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lowell, Massachusetts
    Posts
    4,355
    The volume of water is mediated by the amount of powdered Codeine/APAP you are administering. Do not over-complicated things. We don't need to be debating the various volumes of water required to completely submerge your Codeine. For this reason, we're closing this one down. The answer is definitive in that you must only submerge the entirety of your Codeine.
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •