Bluelight

Thread: Roxy use...120 MG a day

1. Collapse Details
    Roxy use...120 MG a day 
    Been using roxy for 3 years now...been up to 120 MG for the last 9 mons ..over a 3 hour period nightly. ..was wondering the honest safety of my organs and liver ..I'm really concerned as I've been starting to itch the last 2 weeks only when using..thanx..I swallow pills only

2. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    Homeless & Anonymous
    (Moving from Anonymous) You may want to take an antihistamine like Benedryl (diphenhydramine) beforehand and that should help with the itch. Oxycodone itself is not known to be toxic to the liver and itching is a common side effect. You did not specify which formulation you are taking. If your formulation contains acetaminophen, too much can harm the liver. It's not recommended to exceed 4,000 mg acetaminophen in a 24 hour period. However, we are not medical professionals and unable to give diagnoses. If you have health concerns, consult with your physician.

3. Collapse Details

Oyxcodone isn't hepatoxic and itching is a common side effect of all opiates.

4. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    I agree with T. Cal, opiates are not toxic to the liver. The only issues with extremely high doses of opiates daily is the dependence and addiction issues. Roxy usually refers to the oxycodone pills that only contain oxy as the active ingredient so i'll assume that's all you're taking.

Agreeing with T. Cal again, if you feel there's something wrong go see a doctor.

5. Collapse Details

Thanx T.calderone.. so I use the 30mg blue pills."a/215" maybe 4 of them over 2 to 3 hour period which equates to 120mg.. I been doing this for 9 mons..been using oxy for 4 years now..much lower doses until more recent. .I'm in the process now of cleaning up.. from your knowledge this type of usage would u know if it' toxic on the kidneys at all as well ..sorry I have anxiety issues ..hate to burden w these questions..I never experienced itching til more recent. Thanx u for the reply

6. Collapse Details

Thanx falsifiedhypoethisi.. so I use the 30mg blue pills."a/215" maybe 4 of them over 2 to 3 hour period which equates to 120mg.. I been doing this for 9 mons..been using oxy for 4 years now..much lower doses until more recent. .I'm in the process now of cleaning up.. from your knowledge this type of usage would u know if it' toxic on the kidneys at all as well ..sorry I have anxiety issues ..hate to burden w these questions..I never experienced itching til more recent. Thanx u for the reply

7. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    I'm pretty sure that oxycodone is not toxic to any part of the body. I've never seen any information that says oxycodone should cause damage to organs aside from near lethal overdoses.

If your anxiety doesn't allow you to take our answers as acceptable then you should do your own research. It's not hard to find studies using a google search. There are many very knowledgeable people on this site but even the most intelligent make errors sometimes, hence doing your own research is always a good idea.

8. Collapse Details

I actually do have an appointment I'm making for next w my doctor...I was always under the mpression. This particular pill wasn'. Toxic to either organ.... and obviously.one can probably tell that my usage has gotten out of control. ..I'm suffer from extreme anxiety .before I bumped up to the amount I'm at now I got blood work done in sep. And everything was fine. .now the usage is at unacceptable levels that I'm working on getting away fron...I'm just really freaking out before I go see the doctor

9. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    Like we said most opiates are pretty benign as far as physical damage to the body. I wouldn't worry about coming back from the doctor with bad news

10. Collapse Details

Thanx. .yea I was doing some research. .I was just finding either limited info or really much at all..I do appreciate your quick response though..I figured you guys being on here and possibly knowing or seeing these types of questions and with your experience in seeing other peoples experiences you guys would be the best to ask..so far your answers have been of help, and I appreciate that..yeah it was a little hard to find exactly for sure if my type of usage and frequency is or isn' acceptable to the organs ....I know acetemophen is bad and the whole deal w dependency and addiction just not enough about the effect on the organs with just oxy by itself.. thanx again you've certainly been helpful

11. Collapse Details

It' jsut been a long road for me and I'm getting close to permanently addressing this issue once and for all..I would just Haye to have some permanent damage that would ruin the rest of life as u could probably tell..thanx man