Bluelight

Thread: ALD-52/4-HO-MET Cross tolerance

Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Collapse Details
    ALD-52/4-HO-MET Cross tolerance 
    #1
    Moderator
    Psychedelic Drugs
    PsychaStevic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The woods
    Posts
    490
    So, being new to the tryptamine world, I've acquired a small amount of 4-ho-met recently after deciding these were some of the most positive reports. I've done a bit of research and I understand theres a cross tolerance between lysergamides and tryptamines . My situation is, I'm going to sunset music festival next weekend, and it's a 2 day festival. I plan on taking 30mg of 4-ho day one and to counter the tolerance on day two I'll be taking 250 ug of ALD 52. The reason I'm asking is I dont enjoy tripping hard at festivals, just enough to enhance the experience. I understand tolerance varies from person to person and one cant predict how my trip will go, but what do you guys think about these dosages? I'm trying to get the feeling of roughly 150ug ALD on day 2
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    Senior Moderator
    Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    Philosophy and Spirituality
    The Dark Side
    Shadowmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    31,876
    That sounds about right for dosages and approach. I like to trip 2 days in a row at music festivals (or even 3 sometimes though it's better to use a disso or empathogen or something the third day), and I find I can do it quite successfully if I mix it up. Like, LSD two days in a row, or a tryptamine two days in a row, doesn't work as well the second day as if I take something in a different family. That said, there is certainly cross-tolerance, and the second day will be weaker, generally (especially if you trip with regularity normally - if I haven't tripped in months it'll be easier to trip two days in a row than it is if I'm tripping every 1-2 weeks on average). Raising the second day dosage by 30-50% should cover it.

    As for tryptamines in general, they're quite different from lysergamides and phenethylamines, I love them personally. The mental effects are much stronger usually, in my experience. There is less of a feeling of being in control of yourself, more perceptual alteration. I love all three families of psychedelics, they all have things to offer. Be prepared to have a safe place away from masses of people to retreat to if needed.

    Have fun! I went to my favorite music festival two weekends ago, 3 and a half days, it was pretty amazing, I did actually trip extremely hard one of the nights. I'm going to a local Burn (my first event of the sort) in 2 weekends with some friends, and I suspect I'll be revisiting this same question.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Moderator
    Psychedelic Drugs
    PsychaStevic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The woods
    Posts
    490
    Thanks again, Xork! I figured upping the dosage by 50% the day after was about right. I just didn't know how to go about figuring out UG to MG
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Administrator spacejunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    20,021
    It's been a while since i've taken 4-ho-met, but it can be pretty intense in higher dosages. Given that you want to avoid tripping too hard, have you considered taking the ALD-52 on the first day instead?
    Just a thought
    ✺✹✺✹BLUA✺✹✺✹
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Moderator
    Psychedelic Drugs
    PsychaStevic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The woods
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by spacejunk View Post
    It's been a while since i've taken 4-ho-met, but it can be pretty intense in higher dosages. Given that you want to avoid tripping too hard, have you considered taking the ALD-52 on the first day instead?
    Just a thought
    My only problem is with 1a-LSD, I can roughly judge how much I'll need to have the trip I'm striving for. I'm not extremely knowledgeable with the MET and dont have a scale handy to change the dose and/or refuse to get desired effects. I do know however that 30mg of 4-ho-met will get me where I want to be, so I figured just taking that first then figuring out the tolerance factor while using blotter
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Moderator
    Psychedelic Drugs
    PsychaStevic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The woods
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychaStevic View Post
    refuse
    Redose*
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Administrator spacejunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    20,021
    i just remember last time i took it, i spent the trip lying in a dark room because it was so intense....but i probably took a lot more than 30mg. it was years ago.
    has 30mg been recommended to you as a dose?
    be worth reading some trip reports (or whatever you can turn up in a search) to see if anyone else describes how intense a 30mg dose is likely to be - or maybe someone will chime in.
    i'd just be wary of overshooting the mark, as you're concerned about tripping too hard, and IMO 4-ho-met is as intense as any other tryptamine in the right dosage. like, "entity contact" DMT-like shit (IME )

    when you say you don't have a scale handy, do you mean you won't when you're planning on taking it, or not at all?
    ✺✹✺✹BLUA✺✹✺✹
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Moderator
    Psychedelic Drugs
    PsychaStevic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The woods
    Posts
    490
    I dont own a scale, like I said, I've always been a blotter typ'a guy. And 30mg was my personal choice, I've been reading up quite a bit. From what I understand 15-20mg is a solid entry level dose into this substance; I've read a few at 40 noting that this point is where this substance starts getting Manic. While I probably should do the 20mg, I'm pretty comfortable doing the 30 based off reports and I'd hate to undershoot it and miss a great experience because I shied away. I've done heroic doses in public settings before and managed I just prefer not to get to that manic point because I get that 'everybody's in on something against me' feeling.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Moderator
    Psychedelic Drugs
    PsychaStevic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The woods
    Posts
    490
    Sorry for any bad grammar I'm on mobile for a bit and autocorrect screws me everytime! Wish BL had a more phone friendly mobile version, or an app
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Senior Moderator
    Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    Philosophy and Spirituality
    The Dark Side
    Shadowmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    31,876
    We're working on the mobile site issue.

    Do you have a friend to weigh doses out or something? You've probably heard it before but you should just spring for a cheap milligram scale. You can get the AWS Gemini-20 for about $25 from Amazon or eBay. Make sure you get the .001g one, because for the same price they also have .01g and .1g accuracies. If you're venturing into powder drugs as opposed to blotters, it's an indispensable tool. Amazingly cheap considering, delivered to your doorstep in 2 or so days.
    Reply With Quote
     

  11. Collapse Details
     
    #11
    Moderator
    Psychedelic Drugs
    PsychaStevic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The woods
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorkoth View Post
    We're working on the mobile site issue.

    Do you have a friend to weigh doses out or something? You've probably heard it before but you should just spring for a cheap milligram scale. You can get the AWS Gemini-20 for about $25 from Amazon or eBay. Make sure you get the .001g one, because for the same price they also have .01g and .1g accuracies. If you're venturing into powder drugs as opposed to blotters, it's an indispensable tool. Amazingly cheap considering, delivered to your doorstep in 2 or so days.
    Got one on the way now, 30$ with shipping for a .001 scale, worth the hellish trip I'll save at some point by being able to measure my stuff
    Reply With Quote
     

  12. Collapse Details
     
    #12
    Bluelight Crew Beenhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Deep in a Floridian Mangrove Forest
    Posts
    3,629
    just remember on these cheap scales that it cannot reliably measure much less than 10mg. I dont care what the scale says... they cant. just keep that in mind! I dont think you will need to do that any way but just throwing it out there. I also like to weigh something twice and take an average because they sometimes dont have a good response when you are placing tiny amounts of powder on at a time.
    Reply With Quote
     

  13. Collapse Details
     
    #13
    Moderator
    Psychedelic Drugs
    PsychaStevic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The woods
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by Beenhead View Post
    just remember on these cheap scales that it cannot reliably measure much less than 10mg. I dont care what the scale says... they cant. just keep that in mind! I dont think you will need to do that any way but just throwing it out there. I also like to weigh something twice and take an average because they sometimes dont have a good response when you are placing tiny amounts of powder on at a time.
    Understood, from all the substances on my 'to-do' list, I dont think any of the doses will be 10mg or under. If so, I'll readjust
    Reply With Quote
     

  14. Collapse Details
     
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Beenhead View Post
    just remember on these cheap scales that it cannot reliably measure much less than 10mg. I dont care what the scale says... they cant. just keep that in mind! I dont think you will need to do that any way but just throwing it out there. I also like to weigh something twice and take an average because they sometimes dont have a good response when you are placing tiny amounts of powder on at a time.
    In the interest of clarification, Beenhead, do you mean that you likely need =>10mg on the scale for it to register, or that the measurement could be off +/-10?

    -PA
    Reply With Quote
     

  15. Collapse Details
     
    #15
    Senior Moderator
    Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    Philosophy and Spirituality
    The Dark Side
    Shadowmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    31,876
    You need ~10mg minimum for it to start registering, sometimes less. Once it starts registering, it should only be off by +/-2. My trick is to tare it without the tray on, then put the tray on and do some arithmetic to determine what it should weigh with the amount you want to measure added. So like, if the tray reads 2750mg, and you want to weigh out 15mg, then it should read 2765 when you're good. Seems like once there's some weight on there, it's more accurate.

    Anything very potent, such as DOC, I weigh a larger amount, 30-50mg, and make a solution, to divide the potential error over many doses which ensures quite a lot of accuracy.
    Reply With Quote
     

  16. Collapse Details
     
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by spacejunk View Post
    It's been a while since i've taken 4-ho-met, but it can be pretty intense in higher dosages. Given that you want to avoid tripping too hard, have you considered taking the ALD-52 on the first day instead?
    Just a thought
    I second this. You can always do more 4-HO-MET (assuming you have more) but upping the trip with lysergamides is way tougher to nail.
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •