Bluelight

Thread: Should I Roll with my cousin on a crowded beach on the 4th of July?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details

MDMA & Empathogenic Drugs
    Quote Originally Posted by F.U.B.A.R. View Post
    Slightly off topic, but I'm not sure that many people these days understand what the 'magic' of MDMA actually is. It's not being so mashed you can't see, it's not feeling lovey dovey to other people, it's not gurning so much you're chewing your face off, but it is being propelled into another universe with you at its centre and a connectedness with every other being in that Universe. If you don't understand this, you ain't felt it...
    Spot on some hallucinogens have a comparable effect, though it is still a bit different, in the right set, setting and at the right dose

2. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBull View Post
    Spot on some hallucinogens have a comparable effect, though it is still a bit different, in the right set, setting and at the right dose
    Yes you're right, but I think the significant difference is that hallucinogens dissolve the ego, whereas MDMA reinforces the ego - but in a positive way, unlike cocaine for example...

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by F.U.B.A.R. View Post
    Yes you're right, but I think the significant difference is that hallucinogens dissolve the ego, whereas MDMA reinforces the ego - but in a positive way, unlike cocaine for example...
    That is actually very well put. That puts into words the difference between the effects far better than I would have ever been able to

4. Collapse Details

Music Discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by SharedHalucination View Post
    First time rolling? Then, no.

IMO, you should experiment with a substance before trying to ingest and be in public. Not like MDMA is super trippy but just my .02 cents. Stay safe and have fun
    *this*

I think set and setting are important. I used to drop pills at random music events, and drunks would fuck with me.

I kind of brushed their negativity aside immediately, but it can be a bit of a buzz kill if you are not experienced.

ymmv of course of course

5. Collapse Details

Had a blast last night but I hope there's no significant comedown starting tomorrow. I'm gonna predict that there won't be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12