Bluelight

Thread: Aus DD is looking for new Moderators

1. Collapse Details
    Aus DD is looking for new Moderators 
    Hello,

Australia and Asia Drug Discussion is looking for a couple of new recruits. If you are interested in contributing to the forum and helping to promote Bluelight's harm reduction mission then I encourage you to apply. In your application, it would be ideal if you could tell us the following:
    - A little about yourself and why you're on Bluelight
    - Why you want to be a moderator
    - Why you think you would be suitable for the position
    -How much time will you be able to devote to Bluelight ?

If you are interested please send your application to either myself, Drug Mentor, Tranced or Swilow. If you wish to apply please submit your application prior to the closing date, September 18th.

A big thank you to you all!

2. Collapse Details

...why?

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Crankinit View Post
    ...why?
    Because we're needing some lovely regulars of Aus DD to help look after the place. You game?

4. Collapse Details

What regulars?

5. Collapse Details

It says Loverly regulars, like you Crankinit! Are you playing hard too get haha

6. Collapse Details

No, just being a realist. This place is dead, and has been for a long while now It's a shame, loved it back in the day, met some incredible people, learned a lot and had good times, but AUDD is past the point of resuscitation.

7. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    Well it’s up to us to revive it.

I used to mod here (under a diff handle). And always made an effort to read your words crankinit.
    Certainly worth it.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Crankinit View Post
    No, just being a realist. This place is dead, and has been for a long while now It's a shame, loved it back in the day, met some incredible people, learned a lot and had good times, but AUDD is past the point of resuscitation.
    To be fair, EADD was looking pretty barren recently, but mysteriously bounced back. All it needs is a few people keeping the forum afloat posting quality content, & a hint of luck to create a snowball effect.

Anyway, the reason it needs a moderator is because somebody, quite simply, needs to keep an eye on things if we want the forum to continue. If we can't even get a single moderator to look after the forum, then I guess it's requirement would be called into question and it would run the risk of being closed/archived. This is, unfortunately & quite simply, the reality of the situation.

The workload on such low traffic forums is pretty low really. It's mainly deleting spammers, closing the odd thread or editing the odd post.

9. Collapse Details

The thought of that saddens me deeply. All the best for AUSDD. Fingers crossed.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Freedome View Post
    Well it’s up to us to revive it.

And always made an effort to read your words crankinit.
    Certainly worth it.
    Second that.
    Definantly AGREED

11. Collapse Details

^ hope you applied Mr Turbo

As said, all it takes is 3-4 regulars and about the same semi-regulars to revive a forum and keep the community going.

I'm not Australian but Tranced does tell me I'm basically Mrs Mangle, so I feel like an honorary one

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CFC View Post

As said, all it takes is 3-4 regulars and about the same semi-regulars to revive a forum and keep the community going.

I'm not Australian but Tranced does tell me I'm basically Mrs Mangle, so I feel like an honorary one
    I was considering...untill I was informed of the blood oaths..the 3am Rituals...but the finger chopping tipped me over the edge !!

On a serious note, thanks CFC ☺

13. Collapse Details

Oh yeah, this is true, you'll be totally disfigured and end up looking like a Kiwi by the end of it, but it's all for a good cause mate

14. Collapse Details

Haha

HR at its finest

15. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    If it means ending this forum by having no one take it on. I guess I could give it another crack.

As said above, it’s not redicoulously busy.

Wont be doing too many ip checks, deleting unwanted derails, and suggestions for the odd ban. Lol

Most of my fingers have grown back since last rituals, and sleep pattern from those 3am meets have subsided.

But with my limited post count. And having the prune pretty much make my old handle disappear out of existence. I look very unqualified.
    Last edited by Freedome; 10-09-2018 at 22:18.

16. Collapse Details

Just a few more days for people to get their apps in! If you'd like to give something back to the Bluelight community we'd love for you to apply.

17. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by CFC View Post

ADD is a useful forum for harm reduction, as Aussie is flooded with meth and should be the spot to come for totally judge free talk about it, that's the one thing that is not found anywhere and its detrimental to the drug user community to be ostracized.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sadie View Post
    Just a few more days for people to get their apps in! If you'd like to give something back to the Bluelight community we'd love for you to apply.
    Ive been counting down the last few days, like a kid before christmas lol Its exciting but nerve racking too. Not knowing if the stockings going to be full of presents, or a bag of coal with a note saying:
    "Enjoy the coal! Also, I shat in your bird bath on the way out. Love Santa"

Zephyr, I couldnt agree more.Thats why its been where Ive spent 99% of my BL time here. From the first time I tried a drug (Which was a loverly clean mdma orange dolphin in 06) threw too anything these days. As you said its nice having a place too be able too post/ask/enlighten about Meth in particular without worrying that others replies may be overally critical because of a small bunch globally that seem too hate on shard threads in other areas of the world moreso than here.

Sorry for the late night ramble, it can be hard sometimes posting short ones when your glasses are getting foggy lol

Glad too see your still posting zephyr, I was a bit worried after our little chat at the start of the year? Hope all is well man.

19. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I am doing alright Mate. There are a couple of fucked up things going on which I am going to court over now but any distraction from that is a good thing.

EDIT : missed u around, would be good to see ADD crew around the place in the forums.
    Last edited by zephyr; 17-09-2018 at 12:33.