Bluelight

Thread: Which light should i use?

1. Collapse Details
    Which light should i use? 
    Hi Guys,

I am totally a newbie for this. I recently want to grow two plants in a small area. Right now, i want to choose a light that can take care of my plants with best price as my money is limited. Lol. Which light you guys use?
    One of my friends recommend me Mars Pro II 120 as he had a nice experience with this light. I researched a lot about it. It seems a good light. I also knew a lot of other brands but the price fear me away. I would like to hear more options. Thanks in advance.

2. Collapse Details

Peace
    Salutations Bruce111,

Which light should i use?
    None if that's on a logging power network while local laws prohibit self-culltivation in a context of civil asset forfeiture.

Group analysis can find fantom/stolen electricity consumption and it's even easier to identify crystal-precision metronome 12/12 signatures anyway.

IMO sunlight is always on top among the options.

Good day, have fun!!

3. Collapse Details

For a relatively cheap light that does well in flowering, i would recommend the Sun System HPS 150 with Ultra Sun Lamp.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

4. Collapse Details

HEy bud it would be easier to answer with info on the grow space and amount of plants you want to grow

CFl's always good for beginning stages

MH for growing stage
    Hps for flowering stage

But threre are also some LEd that have all that in one but they just a bit pricier but i do believe to safe you on the alectrical bill

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Egzoset View Post
    Salutations Bruce111,

None if that's on a logging power network while local laws prohibit self-culltivation in a context of civil asset forfeiture.

Group analysis can find fantom/stolen electricity consumption and it's even easier to identify crystal-precision metronome 12/12 signatures anyway.

IMO sunlight is always on top among the options.

Good day, have fun!!
    Thanks for stopping by. mate.
    Never hear of that light, lol. But i will check.
    For the first grow, i want to try the low price light. That why i am interested in Mars-Hydro that I can afford.

6. Collapse Details

if you are interested in DIY, building your own led system might be more cost effective, allthough I haven't done it myself.

egoszet, do you know anybody who actually was busted due to "Group analysis can find fantom/stolen electricity consumption and it's even easier to identify crystal-precision metronome 12/12 signatures anyway."?

I highly doubt that this is a concern for home growers producing their own supply. lacking suppression of smell (inadequate carbon filters and ventilation) is the much more likely culprit for having the police around.

7. Collapse Details

Peace
    Dear SadWeed,

Quote Originally Posted by Bagseed View Post
    ...egoszet...
    Kid, learn how to keep civilized please. Use my alias correctly or avoid insulting me with such childish games again. You will be reported next time with a direct reference to here.

In the meantime, on planet Itnoc:

https:// ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1117114/cannabis-marijuana-hydro-quebec-electricite-vol-compteurs-intelligents
    SRC: Hydro-Quebec veut s'attaquer a la contrebande de cannabis (2016-Aug-13)

Le gouvernement du Quebec consacrera 10 millions de dollars par annee pour lutter contre la contrebande de cannabis, a l'image de ce qui se fait pour le tabac ou l'alcool.

En 2017, un projet pilote d'analyse des donnees tirees des compteurs intelligents dans la region des Laurentides a permis de reperer 101 sites de vols d'electricite, dont 37 etaient des serres de production de cannabis.

L'operation menee conjointement avec la Surete du Quebec a conduit ?al'arrestation de 47 personnes et a la saisie de 11 000 plants et 115 kg de drogue en vrac.

? Par l'analyse de groupe, on est capables de savoir qu'il y a quelque chose qui ne va pas dans la cellule. Pour nous, ca va etre a l'origine de la demarche pour faire des inspections ?

Just checking: do you need to know French-speaking individuals personally simply to conceptualize that they actually exist the same as yourself?? Or similarily with "Group Analysis" before you ever heard of it? (from me i guess!!)... Or even forum trolls, for that matter!!

Allez hop sur ma collection [ IGNORE ]! En passant, fais-tu partie de celle-ci aussi, cher transfuge aux mille identites je presume - it's my "Anti-Fanclub" list on FuckCombustion (which actually forked as VaporAsylum...):

$unnyblaq
    *plainlazy*
    -dab8-
    Abysmal Vapor
    Adobewan
    Amoreena
    Anonymouse
    Baron23
    beware116
    beyond6strings
    biohacker
    Buildozer
    Bvapst
    Caligula
    Carlingalse
    CentiZen
    cityslang
    ClearBlueLou
    ConfusedVapeGuy
    cybrguy
    Dabooz
    Dank_Star
    deadheadbill
    Detonator
    dorkus_molorkus
    Dutch-Mic
    Dynalowrider
    Dynavaper
    edeetee
    elmomuzz
    Enchantre
    Engineer
    eusaebus
    EveryDayAmnesiac
    f2j
    [email protected]
    Ferrusbuelker
    FLskwat
    GR
    GreenHopper
    Gregori
    grokit
    harmudge
    Helios
    His_Highness
    HMCS.AVENGER
    janusportal
    Jeppy
    Jhonny
    Jill NYC
    JoeKickass
    juschillin
    just_the_flu
    KeroZen
    kurt6652
    lazylathe
    LesPlenty
    LeTchen
    Loto Labs
    LumeKa
    lwien
    MedicinalMonkeyWrench
    mephisto
    MG23
    Mr. Gweilo 420
    Mr. Me2
    MrMonss
    msk123
    New_World
    Nicola
    OF
    P.A.M.
    Pcpvapors
    phattpiggie
    PhotoRider
    PoisonousHydra
    Raf007
    randybishop
    rekrab
    Ripley
    RUDE BOY
    rz
    sadf
    ShipDit
    Shmoo
    Skinto
    Skunkport
    SloJimFizz
    Snappo
    snew
    Squiby
    stardustsailor
    stark1
    steama
    stickstones
    StickyShisha
    syrupy
    t-dub
    Tweek
    V-apE
    VapeAir 2000
    vaporonly
    Vapvap
    vinylvap
    virtualpurple
    Vitolo
    Wahiker
    Whissmu
    Winegums
    withoutbliss
    ?k

Added just before the ban of 2018-Aug-4:

Hogni
    GtrBob
    Summer
    almost there
    mrb
    Gigsabits53
    primitiveorganic
    Megaton
    StringTheorista

I'm ready to bet you've got quite a few mediocre siblings out there, can't wait for October 26 when FC's domain expires!...

Good day, have fun!!

8. Collapse Details

maybe it could have occured to you that I misspelled your username by accident? jesus...

but put me on ignore for that, if you feel the need for it.

still, even though my french is practically non existant, I believe that the article states that this in order to hinder commercial producers from stealing electricity or growing without license. I doubt that they will look for your usual 600W homegrower, but maybe someobe from Canada can fill me in if i am wrong.
    Last edited by Bagseed; 05-09-2018 at 16:25.

9. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    New Member Introductions
    Why don't you relax, Egzoset

10. Collapse Details

Lol no offense to Egzoset but I don't understand french at all too, I'm actually Afrikaans but hey who cares lol. Tho I always wanted to learn French apparently the ladies love it. But with all that aside ( and also no insults intended ) from a lot of reading it seems ppl are also having great grows with COB setups so maybe OP should look into that tho I believe them to be a lot more expensive then even LED's

11. Collapse Details

if you are interested in DIY, building your own led system might be more cost effective, allthough I haven't done it myself.

egoszet, do you know anybody who actually was busted due to "Group analysis can find fantom/stolen electricity consumption and it's even easier to identify crystal-precision metronome 12/12 signatures anyway."?

I highly doubt that this is a concern for home growers producing their own supply. lacking suppression of smell (inadequate carbon filters and ventilation) is the much more likely culprit for having the police around.
    Lol, I have no ability to make a DIY light, mate. If i can, i will absolutely try that.

I learnt that the grow tent controlls the smell well? Luckily, i just want to grow 4 plants. So i think i can control my electricity bill well.

12. Collapse Details

maybe it could have occured to you that I misspelled your username by accident? jesus...

but put me on ignore for that, if you feel the need for it.

still, even though my french is practically non existant, I believe that the article states that this in order to hinder commercial producers from stealing electricity or growing without license. I doubt that they will look for your usual 600W homegrower, but maybe someobe from Canada can fill me in if i am wrong.
    Lol. you are totally correct. I love Bruce Lee. So, you know.

I don't have license. But i believe there are a lot of mates also don't have. haha.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by White_Rose View Post
    What precisely is that Egzoset?

It looks to me he made a simple error and you are not accepting his apology?

Why don't you just relax and try to get along
    Thanks. man. It should be like what you said.

14. Collapse Details

I stopped by the two similar brands. Viperspectra and Mars-Hydro.
    Both brands come from china. Their price is almost the same. Looks like it is the same company.
    So now, i have to consider more about the quality.

15. Collapse Details

Peace
    Salutations OpioidsOverAgain,

Quote Originally Posted by opioidsoveragain View Post
    ...I don't understand french at all too...
    Google Translate is your friend and it's free. What i don't understand is when moderators support "social" decoys meant to obstruct a simple factual observation to the benefit of pure magic thinking reminescent of big fish stories - and i'm not even confident that's a 1st time...

M'well, congratulations for this victory, brushing off factual input only to please fanboys and installed trolls on the wall of shame!

BRAVO!! ...

After all the price shall be paid by some total stranger on a distant continent, e.g. a future potential concurrent right?...

No bother considering what's so unconceivable to some uneducated minds: all those time-coherent 12/12 transitions while switching significant electrical loads on-and-off still compares to a fly taping on the spider web until her host detects such familiar signature: then it's lunch time! ... With a difference though, spiders must deal with "noisy" signals coming from their environment while actually a "smart meter" connects directly, much like a lossless antenna, euh... So how hard do you imagine it is to extract timer signature that wasn't even burried under a noise floor?...

No wonder insults based on alias spelling shall appeal better to this sort of audience.

16. Collapse Details

Peace and love, here. Guys

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce111 View Post
    I stopped by the two similar brands. Viperspectra and Mars-Hydro.
    Both brands come from china. Their price is almost the same. Looks like it is the same company.
    So now, i have to consider more about the quality.
    I learnt that They both offer 3 years warranty. The Viperspectra said their 400W draw power light can replace 1000W HPS. But Mars-Hydro said 700W can replace 1000W HPS. I am very confused. Which one is correct?

18. Collapse Details

Hey bud what is your grow area or area coverage and what height play do you have from the canopy of the plants?

19. Collapse Details

Hey bud what is your grow area or area coverage and what height play do you have from the canopy of the plants?
    My space is small. Only 3x3ft. I just want to grow two plants this time. So the light should be small and cheap. Lol. I found Mars-hydro had nice reputation in this market. I am still checking.

20. Collapse Details

hey bud, well as for distance from your plants try to keep it about 50 - 75cm for anything bigger then a 300w. But one thing to look out for is light bleaching, that way you will know if the light is too close. Also a 300w should cover a grow area of 2x2 very nicely anything bigger i would suggest a bigger or better LED grow light, like 450w+. But from what i read the mars II 700 will cover a area of 3.5x3.5 with no problem. Plus another thing if you only doing two plants is to do topping and then tying down the leaves to open up more space for the plant to absorb light.

21. Collapse Details

hey bud, well as for distance from your plants try to keep it about 50 - 75cm for anything bigger then a 300w. But one thing to look out for is light bleaching, that way you will know if the light is too close. Also a 300w should cover a grow area of 2x2 very nicely anything bigger i would suggest a bigger or better LED grow light, like 450w+. But from what i read the mars II 700 will cover a area of 3.5x3.5 with no problem. Plus another thing if you only doing two plants is to do topping and then tying down the leaves to open up more space for the plant to absorb light.
    Thanks. man. A lot of things to learn about. I checked the Mars II 700, it is not the same as Mars II 400 or 900. What's wrong with that?

22. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    First thing to consider is how much vertical space you will have. Higher intensity lights generally require more space between the light and the canopy. For example, led's can usually be placed 1-2' above the canopy, where some DE-HID bulbs will require 4' or more.

Next thing to consider is how much heat will be produced, and how much cooling capacity you have. Running higher intensity lights may lead to better harvest but it will also produce more heat. Some lights have ballast that can be placed outside the growing area.

Lastly, canopy size or coverage. This is something that you can play with by adding more or less lights. A lot of people are running 4 x 315w or 2x630w or 1x1000w over the same sized canopy. This is where PAR and all that more complex stuff comes into play. If your curious it's good knowledge, but not necessary.

For your first grow, I would try to choose something relatively cheap and simple. Some lights come with timers, dimmers and all that but it's not necessary. buying used gear for your first run can also help get you moving. can always upgrade later.