Bluelight

Thread: Which light should i use?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details

Today, i got Mars pro II 120. The shipping is super fast. Discreet package. Cannot wait to turn on the light. Wow, it is super bright. I love the purple color.

2. Collapse Details

New Member Introductions
    Happy growing!

3. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    New Member Introductions
    So, I'm just curious about the light How many watts does it draw and what's the angle of dispersion for the LED chips. I grew using a Lumigrow 320 which drew 300 watts from the wall and 120 degree dispersion and it kicked ass over a 750 watt MH setup I had previously used. In fact when some of my buddies who were also growers saw it in operation and the results the first time were amazed. I had this in a 1m x 1m x 2.5m grow tent inside a closet and had harvested more than my wife and I could possibly smoke between cycles.

The grow tent was used to control air flow (so I could use a carbon filter to eliminate smell) and light control so I could keep stray light from going into the growing chamber during flowering. I was growing in coco using non organic nutes, balanced to about 5.4 ph.

Good luck with the grow, there's nothing like what you grow yourself once you get the hang of it

4. Collapse Details

Yesterday, i got Mars pro II 120 and hooked it up. I love the light color. I want to grow some autoflowers. Which seed would i grow?

5. Collapse Details

thanks, mate

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by White_Rose View Post
    So, I'm just curious about the light How many watts does it draw and what's the angle of dispersion for the LED chips. I grew using a Lumigrow 320 which drew 300 watts from the wall and 120 degree dispersion and it kicked ass over a 750 watt MH setup I had previously used. In fact when some of my buddies who were also growers saw it in operation and the results the first time were amazed. I had this in a 1m x 1m x 2.5m grow tent inside a closet and had harvested more than my wife and I could possibly smoke between cycles.

The grow tent was used to control air flow (so I could use a carbon filter to eliminate smell) and light control so I could keep stray light from going into the growing chamber during flowering. I was growing in coco using non organic nutes, balanced to about 5.4 ph.

Good luck with the grow, there's nothing like what you grow yourself once you get the hang of it
    Thanks. man. Mars-Hydro website says the power is 250W. i think i have to test myself if i have enough time. i have no idea about the angle you mentioned. i am new to this lol.

7. Collapse Details

The Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce111 View Post
    This helps me a lot, bro. Thanks a lot. May i ask which light you used before?
    Mostly 1000w HPS with dimmable electronic ballast in 8 light flower room. I started testing out LEDs for veg. t5 fluorescent for clones. Lotta people are checking out LEDs lately. If you can afford the initial cost, there are some really good ones on the market that can compete with HID lighting.

Some you might want to check out: gravitas 1kw double ended, 1200w Spydr LED, 630w DE CMH, 315W CMH, 1000W single end HPS or MH w/digital ballast/ Those are some of the more common used lights in the industry. People are moving away from the single ended bulbs and to double ended and leds generally.

8. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Egzoset View Post
    spiders must deal with "noisy" signals coming from their environment while actually a "smart meter" connects directly, much like a lossless antenna, euh... So how hard do you imagine it is to extract timer signature that wasn't even burried under a noise floor?...
    Smart meter's indeed carry some additional risk, some places might offer the option to reject to having a smart meter installed and they have to do a other non smart meter. I have no idea if this makes any differnce in recognizing the electrical signature though.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mafioso View Post
    Mostly 1000w HPS with dimmable electronic ballast in 8 light flower room. I started testing out LEDs for veg. t5 fluorescent for clones. Lotta people are checking out LEDs lately. If you can afford the initial cost, there are some really good ones on the market that can compete with HID lighting.

Some you might want to check out: gravitas 1kw double ended, 1200w Spydr LED, 630w DE CMH, 315W CMH, 1000W single end HPS or MH w/digital ballast/ Those are some of the more common used lights in the industry. People are moving away from the single ended bulbs and to double ended and leds generally.
    Thanks for the knowledgeable comments. Looks like i need to learn more about this industry. Lol.
    So far so good for the Mars pro II 120. The blue color light makes me feel relaxed

10. Collapse Details

Any canadian here? Marshydro is celebrating the legalization on their website. Just for canada growers. I would like to suggest you to try Pro II series. I like the Pro II 120 that i am using.

11. Collapse Details

My babies grow very well so far under Mars pro II 120
    Last edited by Bruce111; 05-11-2018 at 10:29. Reason: not complete

12. Collapse Details

I want to share the picture, how can i make it here?

13. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    New Member Introductions
    You have to have the pics hosted on the net somewhere else (Bluelight doesn't host the files)then you can link them in a post using the icon that looks like a picture using the URL of the file hosted offsite.

14. Collapse Details

AutoFlower

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by White_Rose View Post
    You have to have the pics hosted on the net somewhere else (Bluelight doesn't host the files)then you can link them in a post using the icon that looks like a picture using the URL of the file hosted offsite.
    Thanks, man. This is very troublesome. Other forums can make it easily.

16. Collapse Details

Almost one month for Veg stage. When i need to trun on the flowering button for my babies? I learnt the veg stage should be around 40 Days. If i don't offer enough red light for the plants, what will happen? Will they not flowering? I hope to get some help.
    I found that the coverage of Pro II 120 is not suitable for 2x4 grow tent. Maybe i will need another small light to cover them well?

17. Collapse Details

Today. i turn on the flower button. It is almost one and half month for veg.
    Learnt a lot from other growers, it is the time to switch it into flowering.
    The pro II 120 did great job in Veg stage. I also learnt that the purple light cannot do well in flower stage. Is it true?
    Hope it will not let me down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12