Bluelight

Thread: Caffeine -> Kratom -> Lorazepam -> DXM = WHAT?

1. Collapse Details
    Caffeine -> Kratom -> Lorazepam -> DXM = WHAT? 
    Flask
    TR;dr -

PHASE ONE

Ten hours ago, I have ingested about strong 3 black coffees. Two hours later, I remembered I had some portent Kratom in the closet, so I took 4mg. Euphoria is great, warm fuzzies, all good. Caffeine got me jittery, so Ativan 5mg does down. (Considering DXM later, this was stupid overkill.) Wired from caffeine and euphoric from Kratom, I realizes it's DXM Trip Wedesday!

PHASE TWO
    Propped up by Caffeine and Kratom, says Oh hell yes, and takes 500mg DXM. Discussion of interactions and further dosing throughout the trip are welcomed. Right now, I feel like the Benzos are overpowering the DXM 2nd plateau, thus I'm going with more caffeine to wake up and enjoy DXM and Kratom. ATIVAN WAS THE INTERLOPER AND THE MISTAKE!

================================================== =========================
    Below is normal transmission.
    ================================================== =============================

Hey folks,

Not really looking for "you did way too much" or "you'll be fine, bro!" replies (although I warmly appreciate the concern.)

I'm THROWING SOME RANDOM, FAIRLY HARMLESS SHIT AT A WALL AND SEEING IF WE GET ANY SYNGERFGY!

It should be noted that I am not a stranger to any of these substances and am pretty resilient.

T+1:00 - Took caffeine, I would estimate 200-400mg. Feeling chipper.

T+3:00 - Found some old kratom, haven't taken it in years. Tolerance is way down, take 4g Red Maeng Da powder. Great euphoria! Did not expect:

T+8:00 - A discussion turns to benzodiazepenes, which always just make me sleepy. I eye 5mg Lorazepam and down them as an experiment.

T+10:00 - I realize it's Wednesday. Wednesday is my DXM day. Well shit, we've gone this far. 405mg Dextromethorphan HBr

So to me, the interesting things are: the wide time-span these substances were taken in, and their seemingly disjointed nature.

I'm looking for anecdotes / any data you have with any of these substances interacting, especially in the time frame, order,
    and amount that I have described below. Personal experiences and anecdotes weighed more heavily than "theoretical interactions"
    you just pulled up on PubMed, but I accept these too. Just trying to get replies skewed in a clinical, though anecdotal way.

I am currently at T+11:23 - I can feel the DXM starting to kick in. I'm not too concerned about the Kratom, as I rook it 9 hours ago. I'm awake but kinda sleepy
    (Benzos, surely) but I'm also low on sleep. Will probably take more caffeine. Otherwise well hydrated, well fed and in good spirits. Would another shot of
    kratom hurt at this point? WHO KNOWS! THAT'S WHY I NEED YOU!

Basically, DXM is the heaviest thing on the list, and the last thing I took an hour ago, so IMPRESS ME with your pattern detecting capabilites, your
    encyclopedic knowledge of substance effects and interactions with each other, and let's have a go! Benzos and DXM I'd say have most likely interaction,
    mitigated by the caffeine (but don't want to totally wreck the Ativan team!)

WHAT TO EXPECT?
    SHOULD I BOOSTER ANY OF THESE? (Am kinda tired, that coffee looks good...)
    PREDICTIONS?
    DIRE MEDICAL WARNINGS?

I know I'm new but I thought I'd give you all something ridiculously long and hopefully halfway interesting to think about. :-)

love,
    Fredis
    Last edited by fredis; 05-09-2018 at 22:19. Reason: SEEMED TOO

2. Collapse Details

This experience hit VERY fast and VERY diferently than I've ever encountered. There were negatives and positives. And I'm still in it~

I thilnk I should go have a chat or watch some youtube, as trying to document this very odd experience is nigh impossible currently

3. Collapse Details

I'd say you'll be fine but then again you don't wanna overdo it and pass out due. Just don't add alcohol to the picture, that's the only way I can see this combo going wrong.

4. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Where are the moderators of OD. This is a Trip Report. It belongs literally in a different part of the site. I feel like the only thing missing from Other Drugs are advertisements for Penis Enlargement Pills.

5. Collapse Details

Shadowmeister
    Senior Moderator
    Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    Philosophy and Spirituality
    The Dark Side
    Feel free to repost this when your experience is done, we don't do in-progress trip reports, generally. I'd avoid combining kratom with DXM, though it would probably be okay. I haven't heard of that specific combo before. However, benzos and opiates are dangerous to combine.