Bluelight

Thread: ONE NATION - Thursday July 3rd, 2003 - The Roxy, NYC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    dj not touring at One Naiton 
    Unhappy
    umm I don't want to alarm people, but I just checked several different websites on Misstress Barbara tour dates & places and I didn't see her listed anywhere to spin at this party. I'm madd disappointed, but please double-check me, though I said I might have missed something.

But I checked: www.moonshine.com & www.relentlessmusic.com and her official website www.misstressbarbara.com on her and I saw nothing/nada, sorry guys & girls, but it seems maybe no "drummy funky techno" at this party

2. Collapse Details

Did you email her, her lable, or Stuck On Earth with your findings? You can always catch Jeff i SOE on AIM if you don't want to wait for a reply. If he tells you she will be there (and you save the convo) and she doesn't show, you have a good case for getting your money back, which I know SOE has done in the past. When in doubt, it's best to go straight to the source. Her gig guide hasn't been updated since May 21st and has never included all of her dates... however Stuck On Earth has a reputation on nonshowing headlining DJs and I believe her last experience at a Stuck On Earth Event wasn't all that pleasant.

Let me know what you find out. There is a small chance I'll be making it out, but I'll prolly hit the Free party on LI and ho myself just enough to see Richie Hawtin on the 6th.... ooooooo richie allll niiight looong ooOOOOoooOOo..
    Last edited by Dazzle; 14-06-2003 at 10:59.

3. Collapse Details
    Re: dj not touring at One Naiton 
    Peace
    Originally posted by sugafist
    sorry guys & girls, but it seems maybe no "drummy funky techno" at this party
    The last US date I remember seeing posted in her Gig Guide was April 22nd, 2001 For Christian Smith's Tronic Treatment at Baktun NY. (I went) Two days previously, she spun at Boo 6 which was not included in her Gig Guide, neither was One Nation last year... neither were the two times I saw her just last month at Exit and Arc. For some reason, she doesn't post her US dates. I think if we noticed that she's booked to spin somewhere else on July 3rd, then we'd have cause enough to be alarmed. Otherwise, I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet.

Dazzle, where is Richie spinning on the sixth?

-Teddy

4. Collapse Details

Star
    ^^ Richie Hawtin will be spinning a 4 hr set at Ultraworlds July 4th of July party here in Baltimore. $20 ahead of time and $25 at the door I believe

5. Collapse Details

Hawtin will also be spinning at Arc on July 6th.

6. Collapse Details

Bump
    I think its going to be all good. Misstress Barbara is never one to disappoint, she will show and give us a kick-ass set performance.
    And I'm sure that with last year fucked-up scheduling, that this year SOE will know to put a headliner like her during the peak hours of the hardcore dancing & partying.

Anyways its ONE NATION, lets get some hypeness for this!!

7. Collapse Details

plus this year KRS-One won't be there... he used to be a teacher but now he's just another egomaniac rapper.

everybody gives SOE a really bad rap, they might not be your favorite crew but they aren't _that_ bad... anyway, One Nation rocks.

8. Collapse Details

Star
    we all know my feelings on SOE-- im only popping into this thread to say:

poo on everyone whos gonna get to see sugafist b/c i will unfortunately be on my way to Austin, TX for Willie Nelson's 4th of July Picnic... even tho i surely would not be hitting up this party, i'd of course make some time to see this boy if i was around

9. Collapse Details

Originally posted by sugafist

Anyways its ONE NATION, lets get some hypeness for this!!
    hype hype hype hype hype!! YAY!! It's my birthday and its, as suga said, One Nation!!! Yaayy!!

Can't wait - though the lineup don't stand out as much as the past 2 years, it's still gunna be a great time!

10. Collapse Details

and if aphrodite was really cancelled, I'll have the cash for it!!

11. Collapse Details

Big BUMPS for this event, I can't wait!!
    Last edited by sugafist; 24-06-2003 at 08:51.

12. Collapse Details

link
    Did you email her, her lable, or Stuck On Earth with your findings? You can always catch Jeff i SOE on AIM if you don't want to wait for a reply. If he tells you she will be there (and you save the convo) and she doesn't show, you have a good case for getting your money back, which I know SOE has done in the past. When in doubt, it's best to go straight to the source. Her gig guide hasn't been updated since May 21st and has never included all of her dates... however Stuck On Earth has a reputation on nonshowing headlining DJs and I believe her last experience at a Stuck On Earth Event wasn't all that pleasant.

Let me know what you find out. There is a small chance I'll be making it out, but I'll prolly hit the Free party on LI and ho myself just enough to see Richie Hawtin on the 6th.... ooooooo richie allll niiight looong ooOOOOoooOOo..

dazzle, please tell what dj u are talking about, i never put a dj on a flyer that i didnt book, come on please tell m, u know everything right, come on give me some names and i will show you a contract.
    and misstriss barabra will beat one nation,
    no like i should even have to prove myself but here is an e-mail between me and her manager.

Subj: Re: July 3rd
    Date: 6/16/2003 2:43:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time
    To: JEFF I SOE

Hi Jeff,

Can you also please send me the rest of the line up and who will be playing before & after Barbara and what her set time will be

Thanks - Helene
    407 870 0834

Cosmack Bookings USA

13. Collapse Details
    hook us up with ALLOT of info. 
    Thumbs up
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^don't forget to post up the COMPLETE set times especially for Misstress Barbara

and also let us know about ventilation about water and alcohol costs (specifically a "long island ice tea" ), etc. etc., and finally hook me up on the VIP guestlist

thanks.............

14. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    ...there's gonna be a riot on July 3rd.. I can feel it. Somethings gonna mess up and lots of angry party kids with glowsticks and pacifyers are going kill.

15. Collapse Details

some names and i will show you a contract.
    I never said you didn't book them, that's the same line you use EVERY TIME a DJ doesn't show for whatever reason. Does it change the fact your DJs don't show or get changed last minute? No.

But if you like, I'll be more then happy to compile a list of DJ that were on your flyers but didn't spin for whatever reason contract of not. I'm sure the list will get rather lenghy when I get to my Boo flyer from last year.

I've got a buttload of flyers from the past 5 years and some time to kill this weekend. I'll gladly take on this project with the help of the HUGE board.

16. Collapse Details

well fightin's not nice.... but i'll kill if i gotta!

and i could add a fair amount to your task above Daz! =P

17. Collapse Details

Bump
    5 more days and I'm MOST DEFINITELY counting them down

so I mean can we get a running list of whose going to be in attendance:
    I count myself twice because I'm a gemini (meaning 2 different personalities ), but I'll be there

18. Collapse Details

Star
    I'm there

19. Collapse Details

^^^ wish i could say the same. i missed this party last year. and i was hoping to go this year, but i forgot about it til just now.

teddy, get your ass on aim sometime! we gotta plan another trip. we must reunite the crew. ill PM you and give you my new cell phone number.

20. Collapse Details

Wink
    Ryan you didnt miss much last yr. lol. Fuck this party everyone should come to plastic!!! lol. Roxy in nyc sucks ass. that's my 2 cents

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthrea...88#post1066788

21. Collapse Details

^^^ whew, what a relief! but still id like to go if not to see the talent then at least to see all of muh people and next time im in that area... you best be gettin work off! cause think, if you and jay coulda come and hung out too man... oh it woulda been just like starscape again!

22. Collapse Details

Peace
    so this is my last post-in for this party. I'll be there til close rockin-it like nobody's business with my peeps. And I'll be sporting bright white caffeine pants, and well just looking all over damn good, so I'll be seeing all you peoples that go!

2 more days............................

23. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Hate to alarm you guys this close to the date of this party, but that above email that's "proof" does not mention that she is confirmed for the party. All that it is is her manager asking for basic info if she were to spin at the party. There are few managers that wouldve already confirmed if they did not know the info that the manager is asking in that email. It seems like this guy is trying to pull a fast one on everyone.

24. Collapse Details

If it helps any... it is under the listings on her booking company's site. So I think it's safe to assume that she is booked.
    http://www.cosmack.us/listings.asp

I just contacted them to confirm this, just to be sure for any of you who would like extra proof. I will let you know what they respond.

25. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I agree with Senor JaMal. Go to Plastic. haha.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast