Bluelight

Thread: Calling Marijuana Dope

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Cannabis Discussion
    Film & Television
    To me, the term dope has always connotes opioids. The opioids in my collection are the only drugs I call 'dope', because they're truly dopey drugs.

For weed, I prefer the term 'wacky tobaccy' or 'Devil's Lettuce' lol

I really don't care what people call it though. Doesn't effect my enjoyment of the plant.

2. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    True that, to each their own when calling a weed a weed - David Foster Wallace did this in his phenomenal novel Infinite Jest, calling it Bob Hope (unless people were calling it that but I've never heard weed called Bob Hope before.

People with different brain chemistry can have drastic and different effects from the same drug. If I take an adderall, or anything more than like 50mg of oral meth I'd have a panic attack for sure. I don't really like stimulants, I was fine with good white though. Loved the stuff. The same dose of adderall will mellow someone else out and help them focus or something well I am not them so I wouldn't know. For myself I have racing thoughts, chronic anxiety and a panic disorder. Downers allow me to keep my head on my shoulders and calm me down, relax my body enough to be at ease with myself and focus on a task.

Heroin was a stimulant for me. It energized my mind and enhanced my cognitive abilities, it had a trippy effect I can't explain but involved telepathy with close ones, I was in fucking agony at the time from a severe injury to my thoracic spine; a facet joint was totally fucked, I have been in constant pain for like 7 years but it made it evaporate. I felt like before the injury it was such a good painkiller. These were low doses, like 25mg or so or even less and not iv'd but really pure. It motivated me as I felt normal, and not like an outcast. I had great jobs when I was using it. I was reliable for like 4 years until I wasn't, then gradually I lost everything I had gained and a lot more as well.

I would say that benzos are truly dopey drugs, but I would never say that opioids are truly dopey drugs. If they were, there is no way I would be that functional of an addict, railing lines in the bathroom on christmas morning and nobody ever even found out that I was using except my bro whom I told exclusively and never said a word even while I was still using. Benzos mess me up I never should have got into them for the panic attacks they were so bad though and had gone on for so long. Opiates were overall a spiritual experience, I get they kill a lot of people and I am lucky as fuck and a total dumbass for using it at all. It was the biggest mistake of my life, but I only ever felt dopey when I didn't have dope and was in withdrawal. Within a day I'd be incapacitated and unable to make it to the washroom let alone get money for dope. That is sort of how I quit. It was miserable. I am lucky there were definiitely close calls. Man, that shit is so bad for you.

3. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    If you want to call marijuana "dope" you have to say it properly.

"I'm smoking dope bitch! Shit too strong!"

If you say "I enjoy smoking dope" yes you should be slapped.

4. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I'm smokin some dope tonight. Going for my third rip of blueberry right now, this is some dope dope lemme tell ya. You gotta smoke that dope all day or what are you doing with your life?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12