Bluelight

Thread: Do recreational states still have dealers?

1. Collapse Details
    Do recreational states still have dealers? 
    I am 19 and live in a medical state that is trying to pass recreational (I do not have my medical card). I have been smoking marijuana for many years, and am looking to move to a state that happens to have recreational. My question is are there still dealers? Or is buying weed in recreational states like buying alcohol underage (e.g. finding someone to buy for you)?
    Personally I've always been able to get weed easier than booze lmao😜
    Thanks!

2. Collapse Details

Of course... people will always grow weed, legal or not.

3. Collapse Details

Might be easier to just find a buddy to buy it legally, and then illegally hand it off to you. I'm sure it happens often and, honestly? I'm okay with that. I'd rather people get their weed legally and let the black market crash if it helps marijuana get legalized nationwide.

But yeah, there's still black market weed in legal states, and I only know because a lot of it makes it way out to the states that still practice prohibition.

4. Collapse Details

I live in the northeast where we have medical and loose laws and enforcement around recreation and there's a thriving black market bc its about half the price and theres no tax

5. Collapse Details

snip forgot no price discussion
    Last edited by The Network; 10-10-2018 at 23:55.

6. Collapse Details

I get dispensary grade bud for about $50-$60 per quarter on average on the black market currently.
    I love the dream of nationwide legalization though becuase that reintigrates weed back into society like it used to be. We won't have to worry about state lines or shady dealers no matter what state we are in.

7. Collapse Details

its very hard to find a traditional weed dealer. The shitty thing about legalization is now its just rich people that will make billions on weed, and the guy selling weed to put food on the table will go hungry. nothing more american than that.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LucidSDreamr View Post
    its very hard to find a traditional weed dealer. The shitty thing about legalization is now its just rich people that will make billions on weed, and the guy selling weed to put food on the table will go hungry. nothing more american than that.
    Honestly the quality in general in Oregon has really gone down since legalization as well. The experienced growers who used to be able to make a living growing are being pushed out by big operations who just don't do it as well for the most part. Depends very much on each particular case, but generally speaking I would say the quality has really gone down with the price. Maybe I'm a snob but for the most part I avoid dispensaries because most of what they have is shit.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by HipsterUnicorn View Post
    I get dispensary grade bud for between --------- a quarter on the black market around my area
    I forgot that we can't discuss price here (last time I checked), might want to edit your post so a mod doesn't have to do it. Someone correct me if wrong though.

10. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Massachusetts has no recreational shops 2-3 years after the vote.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by treezy z View Post
    Massachusetts has no recreational shops 2-3 years after the vote.
    It's legal to possess though, yes? You're not going to get a ticket if you get pulled over and half a half ounce in your car?

12. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by The Network View Post
    It's legal to possess though, yes? You're not going to get a ticket if you get pulled over and half a half ounce in your car?
    Yes but no shops=dealers, and dealing is still a crime.

13. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    Surely you need a dealer to achieve a recreational state?

I'll fuck off now...

14. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by F.U.B.A.R. View Post
    Surely you need a dealer to achieve a recreational state?

I'll fuck off now...
    This state is controlled by beaurocrats.

15. Collapse Details

California added extra regulations at the start of the year with some very high standards. Besides the obvious tests for impurities, vendors also need to have extremely percise measurements of THC in products and edible have been limited to 10x pieces at 10mg THC each. As a result, the underground market has been pushing cheap untested product (or product that fails inspection) and potent edibles. So even though there is less weed being sold illegally than before legalization, there are definitely still illegal vendors who will sell to children for money.

16. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    More than likely. Dealers generally have extremely low overhead compared to tax paying store fronts. In CA, the legal market is actually snitching on the black market because it is threatened by it. It's going to take longer than a few years of legalization to stamp out a thriving black market and counter culture created by prohibition. Hell, people still brew moonshine. Granted the hillbillies illegally brewing/distilling today are far from their roots of organized crime, the culture still exist 100 years later.