Bluelight

Thread: What is MDMA usually mixed with?

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Collapse Details
    What is MDMA usually mixed with? 
    #1
    Hi. I have had some MDMA crystals tested at a lab and it came back as 79% MDMA and less than 5% MDA. This only equals to 84%. They did not tell me what the other 16% was though. Unfortunately they are only open at specific times so I am unable to ask them before I test it out. If it was something dangerous, they would have informed me. So I am wondering if the other 16% is something obvious, like a binder which is why I wasn't told? Is it normal for the crystals to only come back as 79% pure. Is that pretty low or is this an acceptable level?
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    I had some tested and they didn't tell me either, I was told it can maybe be as simple be water molecules trapped inside? But yeah, I also had difficulty finding definitely what the leftover percent is. Probably best to ask them.

    That seems to me like an acceptable level so long as there isn't anything else in it that is obviously active, like a cut, but that seems less and less common with MDMA.

    The best MDMA I've ever had in ~10 years, I sent in and it came back as 91% with "no other substances detected". May I ask what service you are using? You should ask them to look for leftover precursor such as MDP2P, this can be a red flag for poorly made MDMA.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    If there were no notable substances in the remaining 16%, I would say they're probably left over reagents or precursor molecules that weren't fully removed in the synthesis process. It happens all the time in organic chemistry or analytical chemistry labs to varying degrees.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    I contacted the lab I had it tested at and this was their response: "We always measure and communicate our results in base form. MDMA is usually present in HCL form (so MDMA.HCL) in crystals, powders and pills. The 84% therefore represents the MDMA concentration, the remaining 16% will consist of the HCL which was connected to the MDMA base. 84% as a result therefore means maximum purity for most MDMA samples. So no need to worry about other substances". I dont really understand the science part of this, but it looks like 84% is actually really good based on their response. I have another question relating to this. I also had a pill tested which came back as 136mg MDMA. If I wanted to weigh out the same dosage using powder would this mean I have to add 16%? So 157.76 mg of powder is the same as a 136mg pill? I am not sure if this is how you calculate it.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    MDMA is only in the form of a hydrochloride salt which takes up the additional 16% weight as compared to active ingredient.

    Doses are based on the HCl version so the weight of active isnt accounted for separately. Essentially all doses are discussed as stated so a pill tested at 136mg is 136mg, same as powder weight.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    First, that's good they clarified that for you. I guess in my mind, the percentage you got back was for purity, not weight like they're saying. Think of one molecule of mdma attached to HCL (this is a salt and is very commonly used for drugs because most are in the form of salts instead of bases). So if your MDMA-HCL weighed 100mg, ~84mg would be MDMA and ~16mg would be the salt. You have one HCL per molecule of MDMA so hopefully you can see why HCL takes up a considerable amount of weight. If the percentage were a purity indicator, then my above statement would still be probable but since they're measuring how much MDMA is in the whole thing by percentage, then a lower purity is still fine like they stated in their response.

    Second, for the pill sent in, it has 136mg of MDMA. It's likely they ran it through mass spec or something to determine what exactly was in the sample and then found the weight of the mdma by itself. They would not have included the weight of the HCL in their response, just the MDMA. So that pill does have 136mg of MDMA and roughly 21mg of HCL which isn't really important for anything unless you enjoy the chemistry aspect of drugs Hope that helps!
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    So, idk if someone else wants to chime in but, did this guy just get really lucky? Cause it sounds like his product is basically 100% pure for all intensive purposes. This seems highly unlikely for a street drug? That something made in a clandestine lab has NOTHING else but pure MDMA, a bit of MDA and the HCL its bound to. 84% is their terms is literally perfection.

    And it sounds like its a pressed pill, so there has to be binder no? Why did they not report that?
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilopsilo View Post
    So, idk if someone else wants to chime in but, did this guy just get really lucky? Cause it sounds like his product is basically 100% pure for all intensive purposes.
    Yup, but what about the 5% MDA HCl ? It has only 94% mass of MDMA HCl and the intrinsic proportion of MDA base to its Hydrochloride salt is 83%.

    BTW:

    Salt MDMA Base% Mass compared to MDMA HCl
    -------------------------------------------------
    Hydrochloride 84.13% 100%
    Phosphate 66.35% 126.79%
    Tartrate 56.29% 149.47%
    Citrate 50.15% 167.76%
    Last edited by Glubrahnum; 27-10-2018 at 00:01.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    So he has MDMA around the mid 90?s in terms of purity percentage. Not really lucky, that?s what most of the MDMA coming out of the neatherlands looks like
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    I had some tested with similar results and I was persistent in finding out what the remaining percentage was and it was explained to me as a moisture variant that was a direct result of how the candy was stored and what traces of reagents left over, traces but moisture was a lions share of that for me
    Reply With Quote
     

  11. Collapse Details
     
    #11
    Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    Life Advice & Visual Arts
    F.U.B.A.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    12,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Swim15 View Post
    So he has MDMA around the mid 90?s in terms of purity percentage. Not really lucky, that?s what most of the MDMA coming out of the neatherlands looks like
    That may be so. But the subjective experience is distinctly 'meh"...
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •