Bluelight

Thread: (EPT/38mg rectal + 2C-D/10mg? insufflated) - Experienced - "Battling or Blending?"

1. Collapse Details
    (EPT/38mg rectal + 2C-D/10mg? insufflated) - Experienced - "Battling or Blending?" 
    Experience:
    Lots of different RC, classical, and oddball psychedelics.

Background:
    Had a large breakfast at 9:30am with tea, then espresso and a cookie for lunch at 11:30. By 2pm, I was experiencing an edgy caffeine comedown. Thought about phenibut to knock the edge off, but had 2g KOH-GHB twenty minutes later instead. Thirty minutes later, I boosted by another 500mg. Decided to have EPT this evening instead of the planned 2C-B + MET combo. Intent was to have a relaxing, sensual evening at home, nothing psychedelic.

Report:
    2:50 Administered 38mg EPT rectally; felt something immediately - prob ghb booster.

Slow, almost imperceptible rise. Comfort in the body, feelings of well-being. Mild but pleasant eroticism indistinguishable from GHB alone. Sex wonderful, but not enhanced.

I love this space. I think it's worth the cost to try this at a high or heavy dose orally to really delve in here. It's positive and delightful without being at all challenging mentally. If only 4-AcO-EPT was more like this, less heady. Still, I should probably revisit it, perhaps vaporized, at a lower dose, or even better in the form of 4-HO-EPT.

4:10 Peak was short. Now in plateau, which is very mild. Could have driven throughout, it's that light. Not a truly psychedelic space this time - not sure what to call it. An unusually mentally light + throughout, with maybe some color enhancement that was very pleasant, a rich filter where the browns were warmed and enriched in every shade, giving everything a tone of comfort and autumnal/thanksgiving fullness. No other visuals - lighter experience than vaped provides. Now, I feel the urge to boost or redose, having dropped into more of a conventional base tryptamine stoniness. I thought it was the muting of the GHB or perhaps tolerance, but I think it's just the comedown. I miss the clarity of PEAs. Still turned on even after sex, but that's the GHB. Was able to give my friend (on 20 + 10mg of EPT vaporized) two orgasms. My friend has enjoyed the space, comparing it as a more intense version of DOC's moment-appreciation character, without much quality other than creating a good feeling in the body and heart while allowing one to enjoy the moment without rumination on negativity in the past or future. I myself don't see the similarity, but I still basically agree with that assessment about it's utility.

I think I may insufflate some 2C-D.

A sizeable amount of fluffly 2C-D was placed out directly onto the weighing pan, and the scale registered 4-5mg. Perplexed, I added more, which registered as 7-8mg. I added more, and it settled on 11mg. This seemed strange, but it had been at least a year or more since I measured out any, and didn't remember whether or not the volume/weight ratio of this was funny (like I've found 2C-E to be.) I couldn't easily reweigh it, and decided that it was unlikely to be more than 40-50mg if the scale was acting up, an entirely reasonable amount of 2C-D if push came to shove. I insufflated about 2/3 of the material, feeling the familiar mild sting and cool, almost minty stimulation kick in. After about a minute, I insufflated the rest.

About five minutes later, I noticed that I'd overshot where I was aiming to end up. I've insufflated 10mg of 2C-D a handful of times, and it's mostly just a clean, clearheaded stimulation with the barest hint of mental loosening--enough to make it unhelpful as a stimulant study drug. It's effects are somewhere between tea and nicotine, but better. This time, I found that the two spaces clashed mildly during the come-up, and then I found myself in a bit of a blunt fog, not unlike my recent unpleasant combination of 2C-T-2 with vaped EPT, putting me in a stoned and unsociable state. Unlike that combo, I was able to shake it off in five minutes or so. The 2C-D appeared to eventually overpower the EPT after I reached the peak. Rather than stay with my friend, who was playing video games, I wanted to engage with the space to see what it might offer. I retired to a bedroom and after a few missteps found some music that I liked. Unlike prior experiences with 2C-D, I found music pleasantly rich and immersive. I also felt that the space of 2C-D shared a lot with that of EPT - easy, light, positive, and clean. Unlike EPT, however, 2C-D had no personality behind it. There was no sense of alien or other consciousness, no character to it; there was just no 'there' there. I found this to be a relief. Surprisingly, despite its positivity, when contrasted against the phenethylamine space the EPT felt less healthy. While 2C-D was firmly in the wholesome, life-enhancing solar realm of mescaline, the domain of the light and sensuous EPT still carried with it that subaltern moldering yin quality of most tryptamines - a place that can be useful for me to visit, but not too often lest it stick to my psyche. This was in-line with prior assessments and reflections on EPT, but was brought home by the immediately contrast in headspace. The positivity was pleasant and nice, but there was still a quality to it that made me wonder if I preferred honesty, something that doesn't get in the way, when reflecting on my and others lives and relationships. The 2C-D space was not otherwise insightful, but it was gently euphoric. I found myself at a roaring and very visual ++, much more visual than prior experiences. After only a few minutes, I bounded back to tell my friend that I was in for what would probably be a short, but delightfully strong ride and would rejoin afterwards. I returned to savor the music and the open and closed eye visual splendor.

The visuals of EPT and 2C-D have so far been similar, but the overlapping experience produced a more stunningly coherent and vivid spectacle than I've ever had from either alone. Rather than the stuttery visual noise I get from 2C-D or the saturated color shifts from both, these visuals were synthetic and sharply defined. I watched metallic neon banners made of unreadable glyphs twist into helices, fractalizing across my field of view. Sadly, I had spent too long with my friend in the darkened room, and I attended to only maybe fifteen to twenty minutes of the experience's short peak. I was tempted to redose, but decided not to. There will be other days. With the visuals gone, I decided to masturbate against my own inclination. While 2C-D is decidedly not an erotic space for me, it doesn't suppress eroticism either; some of my best sexual experiences on a psychedelic have been with 2C-D, strangely, and this time didn't disappoint. Interestingly, the experience caused memories of an ex from over ten years ago, someone I never spare a thought for, to bubble up. Following on behind those memories came a slew of other long forgotten memories. It was a real pleasure to reminisce and reflect on these moments. My long-term memory is abysmal, so it was a rare treat. Prior to this, only MXE and alcohol have evoked memories long forgotten by me. I had forgotten how truly wonderful 2C-D can sometimes be, and I was glowing with enthusiasm for the experience, wishing I had someone to share it with.

Side-effects were minimal on comedown, mostly muscle tension that wasn't terrible. I didn't even bother taking any magnesium. I drank some kava fairly late - around 7:30 and well clear of GHB interaction window, which did nothing except elimate the muscle tension and contribute to insomnia. Sleep came late, after 11 I believe, but I didn't need to take a benzo or anything else once I committed to watching my breath. The next morning, I had a very slight hangover feeling in my head which I attributed to the 2C-D. It doesn't feel particularly healthy the next day, I've found, sometimes giving me an annoying headache.

2C-D is a weird one. It's not deep enough to offer me much in the way of insight or utility, nor is it directly hedonistic. It falls somewhere outside those two domains - wonderful, but lacking a clear domain for me to organize its use into.

Tagged by Xorkoth
    substancecode_2cd
    substancecode_phenethylamines
    substancecode_ept
    substancecode_tryptamines
    substancecode_ghb
    substancecode_gabaergics
    _combo_
    explevel_experienced
    exptype_positive
    exptype_glowing
    roacode_oral
    roacode_nasal
    Last edited by Shadowmeister; 03-12-2018 at 19:34.

2. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    Philosophy and Spirituality
    The Dark Side
    Fantastic report. I sadly never got the chance to do much with 2C-D, just a series of low-dose experiments in 2006 or 2007. I was going to order some next but it disappeared along with 2C-C, 2C-E and 2C-P.

3. Collapse Details

Thanks! I'm not sure you missed much. I loved my first few experiences with it, but then had a few unpredictably lackluster ones back to back, then an unexpected +++ from a low oral dose, then some more lackluster ones, then a couple pleasant ones. Nasal experiences were too short, oral proved unpredictable, with rectal titration seeming to split the difference. Rectally, I found that I could get to where I wanted to be pretty reliably, but that amount could vary widely on any given occasion, so a bit insignificant portion of the experience would be given over to figuring out where I wanted to be and redosing. Tiresome. On the other hand, 2C-D d one of those rare materials that seems to offer a nice space at every level, from threshold up to heavy. The puzzle is identifying what to do with those plateaus, except go for a walk through a museum or down a forest path. Hopefully you get to try some one day - there's really no reason for a material this gentle to be banned anywhere

4. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    The Dark Side
    I hope much more that 2C-C comes back around, that stuff is pure gold. Fortunately I have a gram of 2C-E, which is one I rarely use but always want to have available since it's so powerful and amazing.

5. Collapse Details

lol, a gram of 2C-E would last me a looooooong time

6. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    The Dark Side
    Yeah that's the plan!