1. Collapse Details

Filled it in.

2. Collapse Details

Finished this survey, hope it helps.

3. Collapse Details

took it.

liked it.

4. Collapse Details

I'm having trouble completing the survey / questionnaire due to conflicting feelings about some of the questions on it. I strongly believe LSD has the ability to help alot of people with mental problems, but i also think it has the ability to make them alot worse.

All i will add:

MDMA is teh fckin god send when it comes to treating psychological disorders such as PTSD and depression.

5. Collapse Details

^ IMO, yeah, MDMA is great for treating depression, but only short term. I used it A LOT in a short amount of time (I'm talking like every other day for 3 months) because I was so depressed and I thought it solved my problem. But the reason I used it so often was that the day after I would be SO much MORE depressed/suicidal. You know, crying for no reason, needing to stay with the people I rolled with for the following 24 hours because I couldn't stand to be alone and no one but them understood me anymore (or so I thought because of the X).

Also, after a month or so, and then for awhile after stopping, I developed ADD symptoms like I never experienced before.

So yeah, I would love if there was a pill that made me feel like I did on MDMA just constantly and without frying my serotonin neurotransmitters...

6. Collapse Details

filled it in...had to comment at the bottom that IMHO, opiates and stimulants can work great for anxiety too, without all the wonky "WTf is going on" of psychedelics.

7. Collapse Details

Bluelight Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by rickolasnice View Post
    I'm having trouble completing the survey / questionnaire due to conflicting feelings about some of the questions on it. I strongly believe LSD has the ability to help alot of people with mental problems, but i also think it has the ability to make them alot worse.
    Yeah. I answered the same way w/r/t MDMA. It can help people, but it can fuck you up as well.

Rob: Might have been easier to complete if it wasn't all on one page; also needed 'I don't know/no opinion' as an option - I answered for K, but I really have no strong thoughts one way or the other, I haven't taken it often enough.

8. Collapse Details

slightly confusing, but I feel like I contributed to something important!

9. Collapse Details

Done.
    Good survey

10. Collapse Details

its good to see these surveys exist!

11. Collapse Details
    Prescription Drug Use and Personality 
    Experiment Protocol # 08-207
    Prescription Drug Use & Personality

Investigator
    Nicholas Van Dam B.S.
    Department of Psychology
    University at Albany
    nv122142@albany.edu

Study Description
    You are being asked to participate in a research study designed to investigate the potential relationship between various personality characteristics and illicit drug and nonmedical prescription drug use. The study is being conducted under the supervision of Dr. Mitch Earleywine, Department of Psychology through the University at Albany.

Your participation in this research study involves completing several computerized questionnaires pertaining to your personal characteristics, emotions, interests, and behaviors (including your likes, dislikes, use of legal and illegal drugs, and participation in risky behaviors). Only individuals between the ages of 18 and 30 are eligible to participate.

Participation in this study is expected to take between 75-90 minutes. At the end of the survey you will have the opportunity to enter your email address for inclusion in a raffle for a first prize of a $250 amazon.com giftcard or a second prize of 1 of 5 4GB iPod Nanos (a $150 value).

Due to the nature of the experimental design there is a chance that you may feel slightly uncomfortable answering some of the questions. We would like to remind you that your participation in this project is entirely voluntary. You may skip questions that you feel uncomfortable answering at anytime without any penalty to you as a participant. Your decision to discontinue participating before the end of the study will not result in the penalty or loss of benefits to which you may otherwise have been entitled.

Risks
    Some of the questions involve information about illegal behavior. We have made great efforts to protect your confidentiality, but there is a small possibility of a confidentiality breach. Please read the section below on confidentiality. Given the sensitive and illegal nature of some of the topics, you may feel slightly embarrassed when answering some of the questions.

Benefits
    While we anticipate no direct benefits to you, others may benefit through the contribution you make to increased knowledge about factors that influence personal characteristics, emotions, and decisions to use various drugs.

Confidentiality
    All information obtained in this study is strictly confidential unless disclosure is required by law. In addition, the Institutional Review Board and University or government officials responsible for monitoring this study may inspect these records.

It is important for you to know that questionnaire data will be collected via www.surveymonkey.com. While we do not anticipate any problems associated with using this service, there is always some risk of a confidentiality breach associated with using the internet. In order to ensure your privacy and confidentiality, all of your responses will be coded with a subject ID number. We will not obtain your name nor any information that might directly relate you to the subject ID number or identify you as a participant. The one exception is your email address, which we will give you the option to provide should you like to be involved in a raffle for a prize upon completing the survey. We will immediately separate your email address from the rest of the information when we download the data.

We will take every step possible to ensure your confidentiality, including limiting access to Surveymonkey data only to those individuals necessary to conduct the study. All data collected online during this study will be stored in a password protected account and any data obtained in the laboratory or downloaded will be secured in locked filing cabinets or password protected computers. After a period of seven years, all materials will be destroyed.

Contacts
    If you have any question about the study, please contact Nicholas Van Dam (518.445.5533 or nv122142@albany.edu) or Dr. Mitch Earleywine (518.442.4836 or mearleywine@albany.edu), Department of Psychology, University at Albany, Social Sciences 369, Albany, NY, 12222.

If you have any questions concerning your rights as a research participant that have not been answered by the investigator or if you wish to report any concerns about the study, you may contact the University at Albany Office of Regulatory Research Compliance at 518-442-9050 (toll-free 800-365-9139) or orrc@uamail.albany.edu.

link to survey

Survey link no longer working - tronica
    Last edited by Tronica; 23-08-2009 at 02:27. Reason: progress update

12. Collapse Details

Has anyone done this one and has any comments?

It's a particular long one! They do offer some raffled incentives though. And a rather interesting topic.

13. Collapse Details

Seems like the link is dead. Perhaps survey is closed? will look into it!

14. Collapse Details

interesting survey

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by xxkcxx View Post
    ^ IMO, yeah, MDMA is great for treating depression, but only short term. I used it A LOT in a short amount of time (I'm talking like every other day for 3 months) because I was so depressed and I thought it solved my problem. But the reason I used it so often was that the day after I would be SO much MORE depressed/suicidal. You know, crying for no reason, needing to stay with the people I rolled with for the following 24 hours because I couldn't stand to be alone and no one but them understood me anymore (or so I thought because of the X).

Also, after a month or so, and then for awhile after stopping, I developed ADD symptoms like I never experienced before.

So yeah, I would love if there was a pill that made me feel like I did on MDMA just constantly and without frying my serotonin neurotransmitters...
    IMO; you didn't use it in the right set and setting for it to make a more permanent impact on your life.. it'd be near impossible to use it in the right way without having a trained (and good) psychiatrist that was familiar with how MDMA affects the psyche.

16. Collapse Details

404 error

17. Collapse Details

some quirky questions in that one - but well worth taking a look at!

18. Collapse Details
    Looking 4 Opinions on Safe Injection Facilities from people that work w/ IV drugusers 
    I am a graduate social work student. I am doing a small research project on Supervised Injection Facilities as a harm reduction intervention. I am most interested in hearing from people in the SF Bay Area region that work directly, or indirectly with IV drug users in some capacity. I have 5 easy open-ended questions listed that can be answered via email.

Please let me know if your are interested,

Thanks

Daniel Muñoz
    MSW candidate at SFSU

munozone@gmail.com

19. Collapse Details
    Ecstasy/MDMA use and personality. 
    Hey all.

I'm in my final year of my psychology degree and i am conducting this research for my final year project.

This study aims to examine the relationship between an individual’s ecstasy use, and their personality. All participants in this study must have used ecstasy one at least one occasion in their life.

If you choose to take part in this study you will be required to complete a questionnaire that will take approximately 20 minutes. You will be required to answer personal questions concerning your ecstasy use and personality.

If you wish to participate in this study you should be aware that your data will be used for academic purposes towards fulfilling the aims of this investigation. However, all responses will remain anonymous and your data will be treated with the strictest confidence.

It is important if you decide to fill out this questionnaire that you take your time and answer the questions as honestly and accurately as you can.

So if you fancy taking part then please follow the link below

http://www.esurveyspro.com/Survey.as...3-6f7a7dbe76c0

Thanks

Research name: Jennifer Martin
    Institution: Department of Psychology, University of Portsmouth, UK
    Email: psy50144@port.ac.uk
    Last edited by nuke; 11-04-2009 at 20:02.

20. Collapse Details

Hi knowledgeknot - thanks for posting your study! A very interesting topic!

Just a question: you say you are mostly interested in opinions from your local area. However are you at all interested in opinions from outside SF bay? If you are only interested in getting local opinions and no others, best we note that here as this will reach folks across the world.

eg. I could definitely get you in touch with workers in Australia with opinions on this if it fitted your study.

21. Collapse Details

good for you Daniel for entering such a helpful occupation
    I'm sure u'll do lot of good and harm reduction
    you can always contribute your knowledge here on Bluelight, it's much needed
    it can give u practice for the real world social work

good luck

22. Collapse Details

Hi there!

Thanks for posting your study. I enjoyed completing it. I can see what you are trying to measure and will be interested in looking through the results.

In keeping with our guidelines, I've added your name and email into your original post. This helps our members and the moderators to contact you directly if they have a question.

We also really appreciate you returning to this discussion once you have completed the write-up with some results or links to related publications. Having your details here allows us to more easily follow that up.

thanks again

23. Collapse Details

Some of the questions were confuseing. Haveing the scale accross the top is fine but generally the questions should all be pro or con other wise it can be confuseing and require alot of thought (maybe thats the point?)

I cant remember the questions but for example

I like to start conversations?

and

I don't like to start conversations?

both are at either end of the scale and haveing heaps of the questions at either end I had to keep double checking which end was which. I have had a few beers and did go to a public school though.

Also should the study ask if your currently under the influence of a substance because that could skew the answers. Purple monkey dishwasher hasj hsa 5 dollars?! get out of here...

Please come back with the results, im curious. Just about every personality type I know uses E so I find this intresting

24. Collapse Details

static_mind - I had the same thoughts about direction of scale.

From my review of the research on survey design, they reckon you should (1) have it consistent, (2) have the positive attitudinal extreme on the right hand side of the screen.

Yes people actually do research on this kind of thing

It is also quite useful to have one item asking participants about their current state of mind. Mine was more like 'do you think there is any reason why your data shouldn't be included? eg. drug/alcohol use, low concentration, etc'. Some people do these surveys more to alleviate boredom and aren't really taking it seriously. This can screw with your data too!

25. Collapse Details

Happy to help!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast