Bluelight

Thread: Drug Studies: Graveyard

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

I completed the survey, but several of the answers are just not appropriate to the question posed. Such as "I have tried and would like to try again?" There is no appropriate answer for a drug that a person has not tried? How does one answer that? I have not tried DMT, but may try it out in the future. I can not agree or disagree with the question.

2. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I enjoyed taking that, some very good questions that got me thinking about life now.

3. Collapse Details

wheres the results????

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by iCafe View Post
    wheres the results????
    Calm down folks. I've asked and hopefully the results will come back.

I know how this can be - I was collecting data from a survey two years ago, and although I had straight 'results' quickly after that, I'm writing a third draft now of my thesis with the aim to complete in the next few months. Until I submit, I can't technically reveal 'results' - due to rules of the degree.

So, we need to give researchers the benefit of the doubt on this. Also, the Drug Studies mods are discussing better ways of keeping track of researchers and results into the future.

5. Collapse Details

DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING IF YOU HAVE NOT YET BUT PLAN TO TAKE THE SURVEY:

I am intrigued with what correlations are beginning to emerge.
    I found it a bit problematic and confusing that the probes for drug use were compound questions.
    Also, what led to you focus on extroversion and predisposition to spirituality as your independent variables for personality?

6. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    Quote Originally Posted by ebola? View Post
    DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING IF YOU HAVE NOT YET BUT PLAN TO TAKE THE SURVEY:

I am intrigued with what correlations are beginning to emerge.
    I found it a bit problematic and confusing that the probes for drug use were compound questions.
    Also, what led to you focus on extroversion and predisposition to spirituality as your independent variables for personality?
    I found this a bit confuddling myself.

7. Collapse Details

took the survey but what about an option for athiests?
    i had to keep writing strongly disagree to them questions..
    also the drugs list was a bit short and lacking alcohol

otherwise a great survey... well put together

8. Collapse Details

there was a few i put as FALSE because there was no way it wouldnt be misinterpreted

9. Collapse Details
    Do you have a loved one who uses alcohol 
    You are invited to participate in a research study sponsored by Seattle Pacific University’s Department of Clinical Psychology, which examines how people relate to each other when at least one of them uses alcohol.

If you agree to participate in the study, you will complete a series of questionnaires about how you interact with your loved one which will take approximately 30 minutes. Your confidential participation will help us understand people’s experiences in relationships involving alcohol use.

Please select this link (or copy and paste it into your browser) to access our survey!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/J5WBXWR

Email the Institutional Review Board [email protected] for further information on our approval process (IRB # 091002018, expires 11/23/2011).

10. Collapse Details

Thanks for posting this.

I've copied the participant information sheet from the survey so we have a little more information on record about your project:

You are invited to take part in a research study by Seattle Pacific University students. The purpose of this study is to see how you relate to your loved ones who use alcohol.

If you agree to be in the study, you will complete a series of three surveys about you and your loved one. The first survey will ask you about how you feel about your loved one’s alcohol use. The second survey will ask you more general questions about yourself and how you view the world. The final survey will ask you questions about what you do when your loved one drinks.

It should take you about 20-30 minutes to complete all three surveys. You don’t have to participate in this study if you do not want to. Also, you can stop answering questions at any time. You can also skip any questions you do not want to answer.

This study does not have any risks that are beyond those you would find in everyday life. This project will help us understand people’s experiences in relationships and alcohol use.

Your answers are anonymous. You will not be asked for your name in this study. No one but the research team will have access to your answers, which will be stored on password protected computers behind locked doors.

If you have questions at any time about the study, you may contact the Principal Investigator, Jenell Effinger, at [email protected], or the faculty sponsor, Dr. Dave Stewart, at [email protected].

This research study has been reviewed and approved by the SPU Institutional Review Board (IRB #091002018: valid through 11/23/2011). Questions or concerns about research participants' rights may be directed to the SPU IRB office. The phone number is 206-281.2201 or you can email them at [email protected].

Best,
    Jenell M. Effinger
    Principle Investigator
    [email protected]

11. Collapse Details

Oh I should have done that, thanks!

12. Collapse Details

No worries. I look forward to checking out your survey when I get a moment!

13. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Gun
    I did, but it completely ruined his life. He abused it so much that he became suicidal. He was killed, but he would have committed suicide if he wasn't murdered.

14. Collapse Details

FYI - the term "loved one" was replaced with "partner" on the page asking for ethnicity information, and the next page asks how long you have been "in a relationship" with the person, which was rather confusing. I was taking the survey with regards to my mother, and I'm not dating or in a relationship with her... lol. Also, if you click "next" all the way through to the final page, it says that you respect our decision not to take the survey, but I did take it, so that should probably be edited as well.

I'd be interested in seeing the methodology/protocol used for assessing the questionnaire results. I know exactly what the questions are meant to determine, but I'm interested in what effects you are looking for and for what reason (i.e. what's your hypothesis). I've been subject to about a zillion assessments as such, and I'm always curious about what they're getting at (I'm a biochem student with a healthy interest in the subject, have PTSD, and have an alcoholic mom, so I'm surrounded by this stuff a lot). Study authors: can I email you, or is that stuff not disclosable at this time?

15. Collapse Details

You should feel free to email the investigator. I also figured 'loved one' meant a significant other (not necessarily a romantic or life partner). They may need to modify the language a bit!

16. Collapse Details

Thanks for the feedback. Yes feel free to email me if you have already taken the survey and I'll let you know the model we are examining.

17. Collapse Details

I have no idea if it's the excessive alcohol from partying constantly, being permafried from tripping, and/or if she's bipolar because of the family history but something is not right with that girl...

18. Collapse Details

some of the questions were kind of redundant.

19. Collapse Details

The questions come from some established measures... we don't have the leeway to change them.

20. Collapse Details
    [AUS] [Perth] 15-25 year olds needed for research on alcohol promotion 
    My colleague is seeking participants for the following study:

University of Wollongong researchers are recruiting 15-25 year olds from Perth to talk about their experiences with alcohol promotions.

Participants will receive a $20 ( if you are under 18 ) or a $30 ( if you are 18 or older ) Coles Myer voucher for participating. The focus groups (group meetings) will take approximately 90 minutes and you may be able to attend with your friends. The meetings will take place on the 24th-27th of May, 2010.

The research project aims to investigate alcohol promotions in take-away alcohol outlets and to examine the impact of these promotions on the attitudes and behaviours of 15-25 year olds.

This research is conducted by the University of Wollongong’s Centre for Health Initiatives, in conjunction with the Western Australian Office for Youth and Curtin University’s National Drug Research Institute. Your participation and the information you provide will be anonymous.

If you’re interested in participating please contact Tina on ( 08 ) 9266 3170 or via email at [email protected]

21. Collapse Details

Hi all,

My name is Tina and I'm helping run the above study.

The focus group sessions will be held mainly at the State Library (Northbridge) with some sessions held at Curtin University's Health Research Campus at Shenton Park.

It will be much appreciated if you let anyone who is 15-25 know that we are looking for them to participate in this study!

If you have any questions, feel free to post here, PM me or email me at [email protected].

Cheers!

22. Collapse Details

Id love to come but I am in South America right now. But I am sending this round to all my uni mates right now, please tell me if there is another one in June or later. Gracias

23. Collapse Details

Hi tr3jo,

Thanks heaps for letting your uni mates know!

Yes, I'll post again if there are any additional sessions scheduled for June or later.

24. Collapse Details

You should chuck it up in the Australian Drug Discussion as well man, alot of perth guys there

25. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tr3jo View Post
    You should chuck it up in the Australian Drug Discussion as well man, alot of perth guys there
    This is true, but if we did this, ADD would be awash with research studies. We have a header running links to Drug Studies from ADD, which is our solution... I'll see about getting Tina's study on that header.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast