Bluelight

Thread: Drug Studies: Graveyard

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    Done lots of Ex. I'm doing it for you now =)

2. Collapse Details

Sex, Love & Relationships
    Completed it. Kind of. I think I skipped the last part about cocaine.

3. Collapse Details

Alan, Glad you've been able to recruit some respondents.

We usually like to have more information about the researcher and their university so we can follow up study results, so I'm recording all that here:
    University of The West of England, Bristol.

Researcher: Alan Paterson
    alan2.paterson [at] live.uwe.ac.uk

Academic Supervisor: Dr Chris Alford
    Chris.Alford [at] uwe.ac.uk

4. Collapse Details
    [Toronto] Cognitive effects of ketamine, cannabis and poly-drugs 
    Smile
    Researchers at Ryerson University are interested in studying cognitive performance associated with the effects of ketamine, cannabis and other recreational drugs, in comparison to the performance of drug-naïve participants. Your participation will require completing questionnaires about drug history and experiences associated with both legal and illegal drugs. Questions about personal experiences may cause psychological discomfort. In addition, you will be asked to complete various measures regarding your experiences, thoughts, and feelings, as well as virtual-reality and other computerized tasks measuring navigation and memory skills. Information learned about you in this study will be maintained secure and confidential within our lab.

We are recruiting individuals that currently use ketamine or cannabis at least once per month. We are also recruiting individuals who are currently using other recreational drugs (all types), as well as drug-naive participants. Overall, participation will take 2-3 hours, for which you will receive $10-15. Your participation in any/all components of the study will be on a voluntary basis. You must be between the ages of 18-60 to participate.
    Please contact the BIM Lab at [email protected]
    Last edited by neversickanymore; 24-04-2016 at 06:46.

5. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Cannabis Discussion
    I could be there...

6. Collapse Details

It asks if you're taking any prescription medicine. I think the question you meant to ask is whether you're currently prescribed any medicine.

7. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    The survey has been taken down; does that mean you're not accepting anymore questionnaires and/or your research is complete?

8. Collapse Details

How are you framing your research? What is the question you are hoping to answer? This stinks of a survey of convenience if I've ever seen one. I'm sure you want to draw conclusions for a population of individuals larger than users of Bluelight.ru which is all you're going to get using this surveying technique.

I'm not trying to discourage or berate you in any way I just want you to be successful in your study. This is an undergraduate thing right? Are you hoping to publish it? If you are you need to take a serious look at your methods. PM me if you want to talk about taking accurate statistical measure. I've been doing research for a long time, mine mostly involves plants but the statistical principles of information gathering are the same.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567