Bluelight

Thread: Nov 1st- Scream 5-The Asylum,MA-$30 advance-also a black-out

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

ahem sorry i must make amends

STARLIGHTGEMINI and I, will be riding up there. Im allready working on my bling* bling* outfit!!!!!

*SPREADS GOOD VIBES*
    *SPREADS GOOD VIBES*
    *SPREADS GOOD VIBES*

2. Collapse Details

Star
    ^^ muuuuuuuch better. yeah I'm gonna be a slutty school girl and I convinced THE WOOD to be my pimp. Or a thugged out raver kid I dont' remember

Either way I'm hoping to get my ass grabbed

3. Collapse Details

if i dont go to NY maybe i will go just cuz ^ are...

4. Collapse Details

Star
    Originally posted by dreamgirlie19
    if i dont go to NY maybe i will go just cuz ^ are...
    yes please go!! I want to meet you!! If you can't come to the party hopefully I will have some extra time to maybe meetup with you somewhere else during the day. I WANT to make this an extended weekend but after taking 2 days off of work after Starscape I doubt they will be too happy with me asking for a vacation day

5. Collapse Details

I MAY be going to this...probably...but we'll see. I love Craze and would like to see Anabolic, but.... Topp Gunn Productions?? Why? I dont fucking understand what they are thinking having a blackout party TWO WEEKS AFTER ANOTHER BLACKOUT PARTY. Is this Tommie Gunn guy absolutely fucking retarded? Just doesn't make any sense to me...oh well... I live about a half hour away from Asylum...if anyone wants to party before hand, PM me and lemme know, I'll probably be throwin a few back, at the least.

6. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    "mission statement"
    We here at netwerkone believe it is our responsibility and more importantly...our privilage to bring international culture and cutting edge music to our home (New England). However, our work has been critized for almost a decade, society continues to condemn our commitment, our community, regularly redicules our constitutional rights and our rythmic rituals. To the powers that be our music will always be "that techno shit" and our events simply "repetitive". Nonetheless, for the netwerkone crew, for the 100,000+ patrons that have passed through our doors in support of our "raves" and our music...Sream is much. Scream is our independence day, our memorial, our god given right, our chance to show the world we are here to stay and on Saturday, November 1, 2003, an entire generation will unite comouflaged in colorful costumes with our dancing shoes in one hand, middle fingers staring straight at the stars and with a big FUCK YOU...we will SCREAM!
    ^^^I agree this "mission statment" is totally lame!! I wanna know if Tommie thought that up himself...lol...cause it's doesn't motivate me to go to this party at all.
    Last edited by Melissa8579; 06-10-2003 at 10:08.

7. Collapse Details

Gun
    Originally posted by xtcvitality
    Topp Gunn Productions?? Why? I dont fucking understand what they are thinking having a blackout party TWO WEEKS AFTER ANOTHER BLACKOUT PARTY. Is this Tommie Gunn guy absolutely fucking retarded?
    You, good sir, just hit the nail on the head.

Actually, "absolutely fucking retarded" is probably considered a compliment compared to what Tommie Gunn usually gets called... He has the exact same dj lineup (give or take one or two headliners) that he has had for every party N1 has ever thrown... EVER. If Craze and Anabolic weren't gonna be there, I don't care who is coming up for this party, nothing could make me go to this. The man is an idiot, an egotist, and an asshole. And thats just for starters! Oh well I guess I can take pride in knowing that this will only be the 2nd time in 3 years that I've donated money to the "get Tommie's BMW detailed" fund.

/end rant

8. Collapse Details

i think i may make an apperence to this

9. Collapse Details

omg

Do you people know how childish you sound with your anti-Tommie Gunn crap. Everyone gets the idea that you hate him but must we hear your whining each and every time he throws an event. I don't get what you are trying to accomplish by it. Do you just enjoy trashing him? Or are you trying to convince others to hate him as well?

So some of his methods are shady. So what.
    He tends to promote djs before they are confirmed. So what, if you already know he does that then take every lineup with a grain of salt.
    He's more in this for the money than other promoters and djs. So what. He's made a hell of a fortune doing what he's done and I for one commend him on that. If I could make as much money replicating what he's done, I'd do it in a second.

Personally, I have had a blast at every party he's thrown that I've gone to. Sure, I've been disappointed that a couple djs didn't show on occasion but I survived and I didn't let it ruin my time.

I think it's about time everyone just get over this issue. If you don't like him or his events then don't go to them but don't make the rest of us listen to your whining.

10. Collapse Details

Originally posted by craig420
    omg
    So some of his methods are shady. So what.
    He tends to promote djs before they are confirmed. So what, if you already know he does that then take every lineup with a grain of salt.
    He's more in this for the money than other promoters and djs. So what. He's made a hell of a fortune doing what he's done and I for one commend him on that. If I could make as much money replicating what he's done, I'd do it in a second.
    And with this paragraph you've answered pretty much all of your own questions! Tommie Gunn didn't just have this terrible reputation heaped on him for no reason. A lot of people in this forum just call it like they see it so "poor Netwerk One" isn't spared any bad opinions. If you want people to stop badmouthing his events then tell him to throw some good ones! Plenty of people could care less though, seeming as he throws his big moneymaker Scream every year. You should get ahold of him sometime soon and see if he could use an extra promoter!

Scream? More like Yawn.

11. Collapse Details

Eh not for nothing but who cares if theres a "blackout" two weeks prior...it doesnt matter. Even though i dont like him and his events it doesnt mean i am gonna tell people not to go, because each person has an opinion and they need to form it themselves and not on what i think.

12. Collapse Details

Originally posted by starlightgemini
    yes please go!! I want to meet you!! If you can't come to the party hopefully I will have some extra time to maybe meetup with you somewhere else during the day.
    I doubt im going to ny afterall just cuz of lack of funding...ill see what i can do bout this. I have no car sooo i have to see if i can convince some of my friends to go so i can make em pick me up

13. Collapse Details

there is a difference between badmouthing a promoter for personal reasons and letting people know about bad business practices. i for one would rather know if a promoter is shady before deciding to go to an event, so i find no problems with what people are posting.

14. Collapse Details

Thumbs up
    Originally posted by chrissie
    there is a difference between badmouthing a promoter for personal reasons and letting people know about bad business practices. i for one would rather know if a promoter is shady before deciding to go to an event, so i find no problems with what people are posting.

15. Collapse Details

soo umm yea, i will be there! and my friend is coming who has never been to a rave type party..only clubs. and i will be breaking my asylum cherry, oh joy.

and finally ill meet the hottness that is the wood

16. Collapse Details

Star
    ^ *ahem*

and what about the coolness that is me??

17. Collapse Details

i thought it went without saying im excited to meet youuuu your the only girly on here besides chrissie that i actually talk to besides idle chit chat
    Last edited by dreamgirlie19; 05-10-2003 at 01:34.

18. Collapse Details

i seriously dont know why anyone in their right mind unless they were stupid, crazy, or both, would put dj irene of all people in front of dj craze on the lineup. I wouldnt go that purpose alone! But i live in indiana so i dont have to worry bout it

19. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Good god! i had to register on this board just to get my 2 cents in! are you all going to the "Shit Talkers" party at club Cynic that night or what? you all need to chill out and take a look at urselves. not a single person on this thread has given an example of headliners not showing up, or him being more shady than, say, knowlege or any of those assholes. hello?!, he's a rave promoter, are you not aware that the entire subculture is shady? I don't see any of you throwing massivs and bringing people like AK1200, J-Magik, Rabbit in the Moon, Richard Humpty Vission, Sandra Collins, DJ Icey, DJ Rectangle, anabolic frolic, the list goes on... Did y'all just draw tommie's name out of a hat to pick on? and why did the thread turn from "fuck tommie gunn" to "dj irene sux"? what the hell is wrong with DJ Irene, people love that chick and she makes the party live as hell every time! is it cuz u think tommie gunn over books her? if that's the case why aren't u bitching about clowns like pleasurehead being booked at the asylum every other week? All NW1 parties turn out to be a kick ass time, and even when 5-oh said he couldn't throw those jumpoffs in maine anymore, he keeps on keepin on with things like "plush" in NH. Tommie Gunn's makin his mark all up and down the east coast, makin some loot while he's at it, and y'all are jealous or something. wow, this board is negative, i'm goin back to the junglist soljahz krew.....

20. Collapse Details

Star
    well, I don't think DJ Irene sucks......in fact she is one of my favorite DJs yet if other people want to talk shit about her I'm not gonna say "FUCK YOU I LOVE DJ IRENE YOU DUMB BITCH STOP TALKING SHIT"

so yeah.......

Everyone has an opinion and the right to speak it so, even though I don't agree with what everyone says I don't feel the need to argue with them about their opinions.

People will always talk shit, I just ignore it

21. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    yeah, good policy

22. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    or him being more shady than, say, knowlege or any of those assholes. hello?!,
    Are you serious? Knowledge is not in any way shady!!! I work for him and he is a man totally true to his word...if a DJ has not shown up at an event thrown by Columns of Knowledge it has not been because they didn't confirm or didn't get paid. It has been because they didn't show up when they said they would. Chris is one of the few people left in this scene that actually cares about the community and the music. He doesn't throw parties solely for the money. Some of his parties make money and some of them don't but after 10 years you really need to give the guy more credit than that. He is one of the people in this for the music he loves and the community he cares about. Where do you get off saying something like that? Do you know him? Has he done something shady to you personally?

he's a rave promoter, are you not aware that the entire subculture is shady?
    This is totally not true...granted their are some very shady people in our subculture but the ENTIRE community? No offence but I really don't think you know the people you are talking about so you really don't have any grounds to be saying shit like that. I am not shady (granted you don't know me but that's totally my point!) I am truthful and dedicated. I work very hard and I care very much about the music and the scene. I am sober, I love the music, and I love to dance! That is why I'm a promoter. I'm sorry if I've come across as harsh or pissed off but I really didn't appreciate your comments

23. Collapse Details

Some threads where people expressed their distaste for the Production company in question--
    Big Bang (2001) - Cancelled due to not having a permit
    Scream 3 (2001)
    Summer Love (2001)
    Dual Play (2003) - Cancelled due to not having the venue

24. Collapse Details

Star
    Well, it looks like the wood and I will not be roadtripping it up to MA for this party due to several circumstances and after more thought deciding it wasn't gonna work out all that well

So have fun guys! I am going to MA either that weekend or the following weekend anyway to just visit and chill with my NE buddies though

25. Collapse Details
    So yea Vector, what's up? 
    Wink
    Hey Vector,
    Knowledge here. While I appreciate Melissa sticking up for me, I also wanted to take a quick moment to see what the deal was here?

1st do I even know you?

2nd what is your problem w/ my production company and/or specifically me?

Sincerely,

Knowledge... one of those assholes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast