Bluelight

Thread: Nov 1st- Scream 5-The Asylum,MA-$30 advance-also a black-out

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details

^^
    knowledge, don't worry about him, apparently he hasn't gotten ripped off by N1 or tommie gunn before in the past.

if you want my two cents (like it really matters on a message board) the only production company that i will not, and i repeat WILL NOT attend their parties is N1. there have been many instances some of which chrissie has pointed out where N1 has screwed over people in the past. and the people they are screwing are the party kids, the very same people that prolong the life our scene or whats left of it. how many people has tommie gunn and his crew pushed away from our scene because of his shady practices. not once have i been disapointed by a columns party. sure, sometimes the dj might not show, but that's because you are dealing with a "rockstar dj" who doesn't feel the need to show up to a party because they are so and so. sure promoters are out there to make money, that's their job, that's what they do, but at the same time they have to provide an atmosphere for their customers that will keep them coming back and supporting their crew. that's where N1 falls short, and that's why i wont attend their parties. columns on the other hand throws very good parties. the atmosphere is always upbeat, the ticket prices are never outragous, and i always leave their parties having a good time and wanting to support them again.

2. Collapse Details

Don't know much about this particular party but I am always supporting my friend Nailz. The kid rocks. I've known him for a pretty long time now and he is truely talented.

3. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    hahaha, this is awesome

nah, doggy, i got no problems with you, i just threw ur name out there for comparison cuz everyone was bashing tommie's upcoming party at the asylum for what seems to be a bunch of heresay. i figured u were the best comparison, given that seems to be ur venue of choice.

everyone's all heated i guess cuz they've been to a nw1 party and a headliner didn't show up, and i'm just trying to point out that these things just happen. I once went to springfield with my heart absolutely set on seeing Goldie, but he wasn't there, even tho his name was on the TOP of the flyer, but I'm not running around telling everyone what a horrible time it was and no one should ever support true(?) again. now i know im gonna get a bunch of responses with excuses of why he didn't show, and i'm sure they're valid. but for some reason if it happens at a NW1 party its cuz tommie's an asshole. I have a kick ass time at any nw1 party i go to (granted i haven't gone to one for a little while), and regardless of what headliners were and weren't there, they are sick parties. Did anyone here go to lewiston when it was still available? no one else around here has been able to throw a party that could even compare to Earthfest, for example. If it wasn't for his evil production company, i wouldn't have had the time of my life in my homestate.

I've been to many of ur events, had fun, and i don't hold any vendetta or bitterness towards you; but i stand firm: your parties are sketchy as fuck, just like most any party. need I mention that you and your comrades are posting on what seems to be primarily a drug website? I'm sure that does great things for the scene... "Hey, crackheads! come to a rave and take ecstasy!"

So i guess maybe i was wrong in droppin ur name without knowing u personally, but I just wish that tommie was here to defend his business as well. I'm not tryin to piss people off here, just quickly giving a voice to the currently voiceless.

I'm out, and not coming back to this negative and cynical board, so if you still want to rip into me and tell me how stupid and ignorant i am, feel free to IM me: Vector867

peace,
    V

Get off the glass. 4 real

4. Collapse Details

Dear vector0,
    Can you please get off me?

sincerely,
    Knowledge's dick

Haha just kidding, but you really can't compare the production companies you mentioned. Neither True nor Columns has done anything to deserve a reputation like Netwerk One. I think you'll find a vast majority of partygoers have nothing bad to say about True or Columns, other than they may be sick of the Asylum (at times) as a venue.

vector0 - because I know for a fact you'll be lurking to see if anyone responds to you, can you please tell your buddy Tommie to take me off his mailing list? It seems to be impossible to unsubscribe!
    Last edited by Eddie Bunker; 08-10-2003 at 00:31.

5. Collapse Details

boy im highly dissapointed in the north-northeast party kids thus far.

central east coast is where its at kids. just move down here, itd make things hell of alot easier.

6. Collapse Details

Thumbs up
    Originally posted by mcusa
    Don't know much about this particular party but I am always supporting my friend Nailz. The kid rocks. I've known him for a pretty long time now and he is truely talented.
    amen.

that he does!

7. Collapse Details

Gun
    Originally posted by vector0
    Did anyone here go to lewiston when it was still available? no one else around here has been able to throw a party that could even compare to Earthfest, for example. If it wasn't for his evil production company, i wouldn't have had the time of my life in my homestate.
    This is a joke, right?

The absolute, bar-none, WORST party I have ever been to in my entire life, and trust me there have been a few shitty ones, and you use it as a shining example of the kind of party Tommie Gunn and N1 throw.

Bwahahahahahahaahahahahha.

I went to that party expecting a great time, and ended up thinking I'd took a wrong turn somewhere and gotten lost in HELL.

And thats not just me. Every e-mail list, every message board that I read at the time, was full of VERY angry kids that called it "Crackfest." My best friend from college lives in Lewiston, ME and went to the party with my friends and I. Even she said it was beyond awful, and this girl lives in "the armpit of Maine." Her standards for a good party aren't that high. It's freakin L-town for god's sake.

I have not supported any N1/Tommie Gunn event since then, be it a weekly or a party or ANYTHING, since April 2001. Fuck paying $40 for 1/2 the headliners to show up and watching a room full of 16 year olds (actually, some kids at Earthfest were DEFINITELY no older than 11 or 12) that are there to do drugs and act young and retarded. No thanks.

8. Collapse Details

oooomg the bad vibes are liquifying my soul!!!!!!!!!! :-P

9. Collapse Details

theres a lot of jaded people in this area

10. Collapse Details

Jadedness is off the charts up here in the northeast, at least when it comes to shady ass promoters including N1 and SOE. Personally, I don't give a shit if they are shady, all I care about in the long run is if I have a good time at the party or not.... N1 does sound pretty fuckin shady however, and I would not like going to a party only to find it got cancelled w/ no refund possible. Why doncha just anally rape my wallet N1, hrmmm, is that what yah want?

Anyways...fuck shadiness and jadedness... lets all just get drunk.

11. Collapse Details

dreamgirlie19, what's up girl. Glad you like Jeremy (Nailz), check out his site (www.djnailz.net). It has the upcoming events and some other good stuff, like tracks from Avalon. The site also includes Tanner K and Tasty's stuff as well. Also both good friends of mine.

12. Collapse Details
    jaded ravers 
    Any party kid from Maine hates Tommy Gunn! His parties sux and he is a total asshole. At scream 3 I waited outside for 2 hours in 30 degree weather. I've never been so cold and so pissed. After oct 2001 I stopped going to tommie's shitty parties. Haha...Let the jaded ravers come out!
    up yours tommie!
    peace,
    Shannz

13. Collapse Details

Originally posted by mcusa
    dreamgirlie19, what's up girl. Glad you like Jeremy (Nailz), check out his site (www.djnailz.net). It has the upcoming events and some other good stuff, like tracks from Avalon. The site also includes Tanner K and Tasty's stuff as well. Also both good friends of mine.
    I know them as well.

Dave sends me all the info already so i dont bother goin to the site...

14. Collapse Details

ahhhh soo lovely

15. Collapse Details

meep?

16. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    pretty damn close to Providence, the chillest city on the east coast
    Question
    alright.... don't mean to interrupt your little discussion about shady business practices, jaded ravers, and the like (sounds like i've heard this all before.... )

but if anyone from boston is going and wouldn't mind hooking me and my friend up w a ride, that would be great. don't feel like going home to get the car and then having to drop it back off on sunday (while mom gives her son and his friend a ride back up to boston after a night in springfield....)

hit me up w a private message or an email if we can work something out!

thanks!.... see you on nov 1!

17. Collapse Details

Originally posted by bdreligrrl
    This is a joke, right?

The absolute, bar-none, WORST party I have ever been to in my entire life, and trust me there have been a few shitty ones, and you use it as a shining example of the kind of party Tommie Gunn and N1 throw.

Bwahahahahahahaahahahahha.

I too had a blast at Earthfest. Absolutely kick-ass music, great visuals, and plenty of people to mingle with. There was too much smoke but I find it that way at virtually every event (fuckin smokers, wreck your own lungs, not mine).
    If you couldn't find a way to have a fun time at that party then I honestly don't think you tried. A sore, jaded person as yourself should just shut up, stay away from the event, and leave the rest of us to have fun. Obviously there are still plenty of people willing to pay his high prices (cash ain't a problem for me) and who don't have a vendetta against the man.

Honestly though, if any of you trash-mouthing people dare to show up at this event then you ought to be bitch-slapped for your hypocrisy. It's people that come to an event with negative preconceived expectations that ruin the atmosphere. If I come out of the event with ill feelings about the event or the promoter then I'll be damned for not heeding your warnings. Otherwise, I think this topic has been beat to death.

18. Collapse Details

^^
    then why did you bring it up again?

did you ever think that maybe we are jaded because of people like tommie gunn? earthfest was just one example of why we have a disdain for mr. gunn and N1 productions. and believe me, i don't think anyone who hates his parties will show up there. gettin fucked isn't fun, i hope you brought your lube

19. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    pretty damn close to Providence, the chillest city on the east coast
    Flame
    alright... so i probably haven't been to as many parties as some of you have. i've only been into the scene for about a yr and a half or so, but one of the things that drew me to it (and continues to draw me to it) is the vibes. sure, the asylum is sketchy as hell, and there are a lot of other venues that are much better, but isn't it about having a good time with your friends and with the other people who go?

forget about the promoters, the politics of it all... just go and bring your own vibes. that's one thing that lacks in the northeast. the vibes.

i'm still planning on going, meeting some friends, and having a kick ass time. the cuddle puddles, the 'jaded ravers', sure they'll be there, but go, dance, don't be disappointed.... the music is refreshing and revitalizing, and i definitely need that right now.

so i'll be there (and if anyone from boston can hook me and a friend up w a ride, i still need one... that would be really chill.)

peace
    ash

20. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    ^^^You just said it all!!

I've been going to parties for a long time (about 9 years). When I think about parties when I was younger there just seemed to be much more happieness and unity. Things have just gotten more and more divided and sketchy as years go by. I've been to parties in Canada relatively recently and the good vibes are still there. Don't get me wrong good vibes still exsist in the northeast but they're few and sometimes far between that's all.

21. Collapse Details

Originally posted by andyh
    the asylum is sketchy as hell, and there are a lot of other venues that are much better,
    Where are they? Seems to me almost every venue in the Mass/NH/Maine has died in the last few years. I would love to hit something up other than Asylum. I am very grateful that the Asylum even exists but I would like a little diversity. Most of the Boston venues just don't do it. They are more geared to the weekend college drinking crowd dressed up in their clubbing outfits and so forth. Not that I have anything against that but it's just an entirely different scene and one that I'm not really looking for.

Originally posted by andyh

but isn't it about having a good time with your friends and with the other people who go?

forget about the promoters, the politics of it all... just go and bring your own vibes.
    You got it.

22. Collapse Details

It is true that you will always find shady people at parties and crooked promoters that care more about the money, but some are much moreso than others. Tommie Gunn may or may not be one of these promoters. It is also true that the party is what you make it, but oversold events, poor venues and missing performers make it difficult to have a great time. If you do not like the way a promoter is handling their business, then don't support them. However, it is fair to warn others of possible shady business practices. Complaining to the production company themselves won't do much good if they are crooked.

I believe all the fair warnings about a possible shady promoter have been given, and individuals can choose whether or not to go to the event on their own. A full blown discussion of rave politics is not necessary here. Please keep the discussion on track about this event, and this event only. Thanks.

23. Collapse Details

I wish for Lewiston parties again

24. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    i'm kinda late...but i wanted to say that i went last minute to see craze & it was well worth it.

both sets made me move, i hadn't been to the asylum since whipped so it was a nice little trip back.

peace-
    shafie <--------- had a great time

25. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Ill second that thought on the lewiston.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123