Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: IV heroin after 3 year sobriety, harm reduction help.

  1. #1

    Skull IV heroin after 3 year sobriety, harm reduction help.

    Ok, I know what I am about to ask will trigger a ton of people and I?ll get a bunch of ?your an idiot? style responses butt plz only respond with helpful advice, not judgment.

    I have been clean for 3 years but I am primed for a relapse. I?ll spare you the details but suffice to say I?ve been around the block when it comes to drugs. I get off probation next week and I will most likely be getting high the same day. My question is how, especially now that fent is so prevalent in my area, do I not overdose? I was a heavy IV user, and Will most likely be going that route. I was thinking about cutting it the first time but I don?t know what to use...idk but I know it?s only a matter of time befoRe I cop some dope. Any help is appreciated,thx

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Jekyl Anhydride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Teetering over the moon door of the Eyrie in the Vale
    Posts
    4,571
    Having zero tolerance and a high likely hood of coming across Fent def would put you at higher risk. Other than talking to others who use the same dope and/ or the dealer if he's honest I'd get a Fent test kit. At least if you knew than your dope didn't have non homogenized fent, you could titrate very slowly and increase your chances of a better outcome. It's easier to use less then cut it as well getting back to the non-homogeneous thing. A spotter would also be a good idea. Stay Safe

    Welcome to BL Mb88

    https://testkitplus.com/product/fentanyl-test-kit

  3. #3
    As a recovering heroin addict myself I would say if your set on messing with it I would prolly start by snorting the dope now adays until you build your tolerance up atleast a bit cause atleast out where I live its been 90% fent for the last few yrs. Be careful you can always do more and fent tests strips and narcan is always good to keep on hand!

  4. #4
    Bluelighter Allure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    135
    I've never touched heroin before, but the fentanyl has been prevalent in my area as well, and not just with heroin, but meth and coke also.

    I recently slipped up. For me it had been 2 years. Since I had no idea what to expect my first time I did the smallest dose possible, and it worked. Better to go small and see how it goes and redose later if you need to than end up with a possible OD. I would also recommend trying a different ROA until you build a little tolerance.

    Please be aware that fent has no smell, no taste, and can absorb through your skin just by touching it! It's truly a scary thing. Also go to your local needle exchange if there's one available near you, and get some narcan. It's free. Last piece of advice, have someone there with you that knows how to administer narcan...just in case.

    Be safe

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Current Events & Politics

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeybrain88 View Post
    Ok, I know what I am about to ask will trigger a ton of people and I?ll get a bunch of ?your an idiot? style responses butt plz only respond with helpful advice, not judgment.

    I have been clean for 3 years but I am primed for a relapse. I?ll spare you the details but suffice to say I?ve been around the block when it comes to drugs. I get off probation next week and I will most likely be getting high the same day. My question is how, especially now that fent is so prevalent in my area, do I not overdose? I was a heavy IV user, and Will most likely be going that route. I was thinking about cutting it the first time but I don?t know what to use...idk but I know it?s only a matter of time befoRe I cop some dope. Any help is appreciated,thx
    Well, ideally I'd avoid IVing. But if you insist on IV, the first and foremost precaution you should take is to take as little as possible. You're at extremely high risk and you need to get an idea of what you can handle with your current tolerance. So start VERY small. Even non adulterated heroin... when very pure, can kill an opioid naive person with an amount of heroin so small it looks like nothing.

    Be VERY careful. The other precaution I implore you to take is to have someone else you can trust be with you when you do it. If you overdose, you will most likely survive provided you get medical attention immediately. So please have someone else present. If you can, having them have a Narcan kit to use on you should the worst happen would be ideal, but if not, just having them there to call an ambulance could be the difference between life an death.

    I'm not going to call you an idiot, I don't think many here would because many here understand what it's like. I don't judge you, I just don't want you to wind up dying, that's all.

    It's super easy to underestimate how powerful heroin can be when you have no tolerance, even without fentanyl. I get that if you were me you'd wanna get the best bang for your buck... but that little extra euphoria these first couple times when you're working out what you can handle now isn't worth your life.

    Just be very careful with how much you use the first few times, especially the first. And please try and find someone who will call an ambulance for you if something goes wrong.

    I was a heavy IV heroin user too, when you've been using a long time, and especially if you already had a tolerance when starting heroin, it can be so easy to not realize just how strong so little heroin can be.

    I'm not trying to scare you into not doing it... your choices are yours to make and I have no right to judge you for them. Just take care man.

    EDIT: oh, one other thing, you probably already know this but definitely do not do the heroin when you have either alcohol or benzodiazepines already in your system. They pose the same kind of significantly enhanced risks as fentanyl adulteration. When people die using heroin, it tends to either follow a period of sobriety where they've misjudged their tolerance, or a combination of heroin and another narcotic like fentanyl, alcohol, benzos, etc.

  6. #6
    To everyone who responded thank you, I was surprised at the amount of support. I picked up a millimeter scale and I am trying to get ahold of a test kit and some narcan to cover my ass. Your right about not booting the first time I get back into the game, it?s hard when you?ve iv?d Before to not default back to it, but I?m an gonna do my best. If I get fent the first time I should prolly look elsewhere? Or, in your opinion, can I do like 10mg of it?

  7. #7
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    california
    Posts
    199
    Shaking my head ...I would kill to have that many years sober ...but who am I to judge...I would start off with a dime bag and smoke it before even snorting it..fent will have you smacked even off of smoking it ....stay safe and that reminds me I gotta go see my P.O. lol

  8. #8
    Bluelighter fairnymph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Germany mostly, US sometimes, Australia every now and then
    Posts
    15,782
    Great advice all around; I definitely second snorting a small amount first.

  9. #9
    Only reason I’m sober is because if I fail a urine I’m looking at mandatory 5 year sentence. Never smoked it before, but I will give it a try. I think I might grab some legit pain meds and build a small tolerance before even messing with the dope in my area, it’s all fent now from what I hear. It sucks that heroin is so scarce these days, a lot of people have died from that synthetic bullshit. From what I have heard the high isn’t as euphoric as straight dope is.

  10. #10
    Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    Other Drugs
    falsifiedhypothesi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    2,933
    Volumetric dosing, volumetric dosing, volumetric dosing.

    ^This is going to be the safest way to dose. If done correctly it evenly distributes the fent in a solution of water, which is one of the huge issues with people cutting fent, hotspots.

    You will need a fairly accurate scale for this but if you absolutely have to use a cheap one then start your doses out smaller to account for that margin of error. You'll also need an accurate measuring container for the water,

    All you have to do is carefully measure your dope, carefully measure your water and dissolve the H by putting the powder in and mixing it very thoroughly until it's all dissolved. Obviously some of it is cut so you might have a bit of undissolved matter but stirring it for a few minutes in luke warm water should dissolve all of the drugs.

    Let's say you have 100mg of dope and you dissolve it in 20ml of water, you now have a solution of 5mg of dope per 1ml of water. You can then use this to very slowly and accurately work yourself up to your desired dose. Take a small test shot first, then if that doesn't work wait at least a few hours and take a very slightly bigger shot, in a perfect world i would say wait over 6 hours but i know you probably don't want to do that.

    Sorry for a lengthy post but this is the safest way to take H that is easily accessible to people. Good luck.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by falsifiedhypothesi View Post
    Volumetric dosing, volumetric dosing, volumetric dosing.

    ^This is going to be the safest way to dose. If done correctly it evenly distributes the fent in a solution of water, which is one of the huge issues with people cutting fent, hotspots.

    You will need a fairly accurate scale for this but if you absolutely have to use a cheap one then start your doses out smaller to account for that margin of error. You'll also need an accurate measuring container for the water,

    All you have to do is carefully measure your dope, carefully measure your water and dissolve the H by putting the powder in and mixing it very thoroughly until it's all dissolved. Obviously some of it is cut so you might have a bit of undissolved matter but stirring it for a few minutes in luke warm water should dissolve all of the drugs.

    Let's say you have 100mg of dope and you dissolve it in 20ml of water, you now have a solution of 5mg of dope per 1ml of water. You can then use this to very slowly and accurately work yourself up to your desired dose. Take a small test shot first, then if that doesn't work wait at least a few hours and take a very slightly bigger shot, in a perfect world i would say wait over 6 hours but i know you probably don't want to do that.

    Sorry for a lengthy post but this is the safest way to take H that is easily accessible to people. Good luck.
    This is the route that I went, and I glad that I did or I would have overdone it. thank for the info, this forum is pretty fucking great.

  12. #12
    Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    Other Drugs
    falsifiedhypothesi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    2,933
    I'm glad to hear that MonkeyBrain. Sometimes i feel like i'm just talking into the void with some people but your response made my day.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by falsifiedhypothesi View Post
    I'm glad to hear that MonkeyBrain. Sometimes i feel like i'm just talking into the void with some people but your response made my day.
    I have an off-topic question for you. Do you know anything about hiding track marks? I have pythons in the crook of my arm but I don?t wanna have obvious marks. Where are some easy to hit spots that are easily hidden?

  14. #14
    Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    Other Drugs
    falsifiedhypothesi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    2,933
    I'll be honest, i've never used needle in my life. I'm an enthusiastic opiate user but never IV. Most of my knowledge of IV use has come from reading a plethora of reports from bluelight and other sources.

  15. #15
    That’s great man, if you are as enthusiastic as I am about opioids then it is a damn good idea to never start. Thx again for the tip

  16. #16
    Learn new habits. I'm working on it as well. I hope you are well.

  17. #17
    Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Keif' Richards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lowell, Massachusetts
    Posts
    4,797
    Hey Monkey! I'm so sick of all these folks coming in here with shame and guilt hanging over their heads. We are all friends here and we support each other. We support each other because society typically forgets about most of us, so I understand why people come in here with their heads hanging low. There's no need for it. We're here to help you. You're a human being and deserving of love, respect and happiness

    So, without talking too much out of turn here, a lot has changed over the past 3 years in terms of the Dope Game. I have not been truly involved for some time, but as far as I know, it's mostly Fentanyl with Heroin/Morphine Base being a rarity here in the United States. It's simply supply and demand. Fentanyl is cheap and doesn't require agriculture and the cooperation of an Afghan Warlord to produce vast quantities of it. Again, I'm not really in the game, but 95% of all cases, news, word on the street tell of "China White". So, you basically proceed with the knowledge that your are most likely using Fentanyl. The last place I ever used Heroin/Morphine was in Northern Iraq and that's only cause it's cheaper to grow poppy for them.

    The only truly safe advice I can give you is to titrate responsibly. By choosing to load up your rig and take a chance, you are running a serious risk. Where are you located OP? Here in New England, Fentanyl test kits are free at the exchange.

  18. #18
    Beastmaster
    Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Life Advice & Visual Arts
    F.U.B.A.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    13,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeybrain88 View Post
    To everyone who responded thank you, I was surprised at the amount of support. I picked up a millimeter scale and I am trying to get ahold of a test kit and some narcan to cover my ass. Your right about not booting the first time I get back into the game, it?s hard when you?ve iv?d Before to not default back to it, but I?m an gonna do my best. If I get fent the first time I should prolly look elsewhere? Or, in your opinion, can I do like 10mg of it?
    Just wanted to point out that drugs aren't measured in millimetres. I really hope that was a typo...

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Keif' Richards View Post
    Hey Monkey! I'm so sick of all these folks coming in here with shame and guilt hanging over their heads. We are all friends here and we support each other. We support each other because society typically forgets about most of us, so I understand why people come in here with their heads hanging low. There's no need for it. We're here to help you. You're a human being and deserving of love, respect and happiness

    So, without talking too much out of turn here, a lot has changed over the past 3 years in terms of the Dope Game. I have not been truly involved for some time, but as far as I know, it's mostly Fentanyl with Heroin/Morphine Base being a rarity here in the United States. It's simply supply and demand. Fentanyl is cheap and doesn't require agriculture and the cooperation of an Afghan Warlord to produce vast quantities of it. Again, I'm not really in the game, but 95% of all cases, news, word on the street tell of "China White". So, you basically proceed with the knowledge that your are most likely using Fentanyl. The last place I ever used Heroin/Morphine was in Northern Iraq and that's only cause it's cheaper to grow poppy for them.

    The only truly safe advice I can give you is to titrate responsibly. By choosing to load up your rig and take a chance, you are running a serious risk. Where are you located OP? Here in New England, Fentanyl test kits are free at the exchange.
    Thanks for the encouraging words, it is nice to find a spot where people do not cram shit down my throat like "JUST DONT DO IT!!11!!1". Telling a drug addict not to do drugs is not harm reduction, it is ignorance. I'm in actually in NE too and where I am at we don't have needle exchanges, at least not that I know of. The closest thing we have to any kind of community support is one methadone clinic and one suboxone clinic that are so small there is a three month waiting list just to get in. Where I live we have an overdose rate 3 times the national average so there is a huge need for services but for whatever reason it just isn't getting done. I did pick up some Fentanyl test strips and everything I have come across so far has tested positive, I followed falsifiedhypothesi suggestion of volumetric dosing and that has worked really well. I have been watching my intake down to the mg, which I think saved my life and I can honestly say that without this forum I would probably have overdosed by this point.

    And F.U.B.A.R. yup just a typo, drugs are measured in hectares and deciliters right?
    Last edited by Monkeybrain88; 09-03-2019 at 02:17.

  20. #20
    Greenlighter
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    North East - Long Island
    Posts
    10
    Thank you for your honest sharing " a lot has changed over the past 3 years in terms of the Dope Game."
    This is a very scary world right now!!
    I am afraid that 100s of thousands of people will be ODing in the future"

    I do not see a good or easy way forward with this situation, Purdue let a Huge Monster out of its Box, and have introduced so many millions of people to opiates !! If there was a way to RECREATIONAL USE OPIUM < everyone would do it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •