Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Can weed increase your tobacco addiction?

  1. #1

    Can weed increase your tobacco addiction?

    I have been smoking 5 cigs per day for years. Then, recently, since I smoked weed for the first time with a friend, I find myself craving more. Has this happened to any of you guys?

  2. #2
    Senior Moderator
    New Member Introductions
    White_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Edge City
    Posts
    1,778
    The exact opposite happened to me. When I started smoking weed, I felt like I craved less. I suspect it really depends mostly on the individual.

  3. #3
    I also eat more, even though it's been almost two weeks since I smoked the weed.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by White_Rose View Post
    The exact opposite happened to me. When I started smoking weed, I felt like I craved less. I suspect it really depends mostly on the individual.
    I jave to agree with this because for me when i smoke weed i actually dislike cigarettes and even just the smell when I'm baked puts me of. Weird how we react differently.

  5. #5
    I find mixing it does as it makes the cannabis and tobacco stronger wouldnt say smoking cannabis pure would make u crave a cigsrette

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Cannabis Discussion
    SheWasLvL18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Persepolis
    Posts
    812
    I had a similar reaction as White_Rose where the more I consumed cannabis the less I smoked, but I had friends who were completely different. Some loved smoking "chops" which were tobacco and ground weed out of a bong. It's a gnarly headrush, but I never really felt the weed so I wasn't a fan, but I had friends who went through pipe tobacco bags for their chops. They'd chop like every hour or two and felt cigs were too weak.

  7. #7
    cigarette smoke is so harsh it feels like its going to kill me

    can't smoke it ⚽️

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SheWasLvL18 View Post
    I had a similar reaction as White_Rose where the more I consumed cannabis the less I smoked, but I had friends who were completely different. Some loved smoking "chops" which were tobacco and ground weed out of a bong. It's a gnarly headrush, but I never really felt the weed so I wasn't a fan, but I had friends who went through pipe tobacco bags for their chops. They'd chop like every hour or two and felt cigs were too weak.
    i agree, and tobacco added to raw cannabis just kills the high of the weed with the head rush tobacco adds which i dislike very much. So its either clean green or nothing. If you wanna mix then i will just roll my own clean joint rather

  9. #9
    Bluelight Crew Jibult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    So.MD
    Posts
    5,433
    It can, but only if you're the type that regularly mixes the two. Eventually it can get to the point where smoking weed makes you crave a cigarette, and where smoking a cigarette can make you crave some tree.

    It definitely wouldn't happen all of a sudden, though. Addiction and forming new bad habits tend to take time and dedication.



    Quote Originally Posted by marley is good View Post
    nivek oy
    orb pus

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibult View Post
    It can, but only if you're the type that regularly mixes the two. Eventually it can get to the point where smoking weed makes you crave a cigarette, and where smoking a cigarette can make you crave some tree.

    It definitely wouldn't happen all of a sudden, though. Addiction and forming new bad habits tend to take time and dedication.





    orb pus
    nam rekkeL

  11. #11
    Moderator
    Life Advice & Visual Arts
    Film & Television
    Shady's Fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palm trees & sea, just walkin along the beach. Santa Muerte
    Posts
    1,403
    Why it should? If you are a regular tobacco smoker like me then you will not feel anything from it even if you mix them.

    regards,

    Winter

  12. #12
    i don't smoke weed but if weed increase tobacco addition then its serious!! smoking marijuana clearly damages the human lung.

  13. #13
    For me its entirely dependent on the strain. Sativa makes me want to smoke more, but smoking an indica dominant strain cuts back on my cigarette intake. I smoke pall mall reds, which are packed with nicotine and tar and shit though, that may have something to do with it.

  14. #14
    i agree with most of the other replies. when i started smoking weed i stopped caring about nicotine. i did start using again to give a little bump to my high and that's when it grabbed me. then i ran out of weed and was stuck with a mild nicotine addiction. i kicked it and just want to stay away from it now. weed helped alot though.

  15. #15
    Smoking tobacco and weed together in the same bowl/joint/pipe gives a different effect and is far more addictive (as in habit forming and hard to quit) than just weed or tobacco.
    Speaking from lots of anecdotal experience, mine and many friends'.

  16. #16
    The joint was mixed with tobacco.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by keops View Post
    The joint was mixed with tobacco.
    If you roll joints or spliffs with tobacco then absolutely. For me, smoking cannabis made me smoke tobacco a lot less; but I never mixed tobacco in pipes, bongs, or joints/spliffs.

    I was never really a daily smoker of cigarettes and would just occasionally a few times a year, smoke cigars mainly with friends when we would party or go to concerts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •