• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

‘Very promising’: UK’s first full heroin-prescribing scheme extended after reductions in crime and homelessness

they hit CD too... I’m giving you the reigns @dalpat077 😛

I was just kidding with ya friend, mods are taking care of it
Ah well. You may as well delete your two posts above and then I'll delete this one.

The problem was sorted soon enough it would seem.

Fuck. It was doing my head in. I touch type (proper) at a mean speed on a keyboard. But not so an iPad. Nearly got the fuck out of bed to get to my notebook to see just how far I could take it!

Oh well. This a bit like the morning after the night before back in the day i.e. cleanup operation and damage control! 🤣 The good old days (reading shit on social media that you don't remember posting the night before type of thing i.e. "Fuck. Was that me?" or "Fuck. What a night!" 🤣 ).

The problem with these schemes are that they are only offered to the most difficult, treatment resistant, thieving, lieing junkies. So the moral of the story is: "To get what you want, just be a cunt".

Ain't that just true of life in general..?

The worst offenders are selected purely to benefit society, rather than to help the individual.
So true. Those of us who live our lives as best we can & don’t make our issues someone else’s problem don’t get any help

Stimulants function pretty differently than opioids. Replacement therapy is rarely viable due to the fiendish nature of the habit. Meth might as well be illegal in the USA. Not only is it selected for very treatment-resistant people, but insurance is unlikely to cover it, and because of the low amount produced (partly), it's very expensive. That's all good and well, because it's much harder on the brain than amphetamine otherwise.

I think though that the USA is leading global drug reform through individual states passing more progressive laws. It's sort of snowballing (no pun). It started with legal medical cannabis, and finally has cracked personal amounts of substances as decriminalized. Next 10-20 years and most states will follow, assuming that the feds don't get to it earlier, in which case the opioid epidemic would have to likely grow and mutate and become worse and worse.
Yes! In Oregon I couldn't believe it just this year they decriminalized all drugs but only User amounts! So I can get caught w/ a needle full of H and a bunch of dirty 30s/fake pressed oxys w/fentanyl and not even get a ticket! My late bf who passed recently, was charged with selling H bc they found 15g in our house but they dumped all the other charges bc the meth, dirty 30s/Blues and individually wrapped bags of H fell under the decriminalization law. Unfortunately he passed away 3 weeks ago and he died having a warrant even though I called his attorney and told him he's been life flighted to the city and has been sedated living off a ventilator for a month now, The attorney told the judge nothing I told him and they issued a warrant when he missed his 2nd court appearance. I hate the USA justice system & public defenders are fucking useless POS.

I wonder why they couldn't start with morphine, see how that works then if it does move up to heroin maintenance

I'm really late to this, I know, but I want to comment. I've said the same goddamnn thing from the start of all of these new short-acting therapies. I consider myself a connoiseur of this type of shit. I used Heroin for years in the states and used it in the middle east and southeast asia. In the middle east, in Kurdistan it was almost always Morphine Base. I'd be lying if I said I could tell the difference in a way that truly effected things, you know? Was the rush 20% less sweet and seductive compared to Heroin, maybe, but both got me where I needed to be.

Then I started experiencing Fentanyl and Co. I just remember getting dope in New England that gave me blurry vision and weird neurological shit but also got me extremely sedated, yet also, was noticeably less euphoric than Morphine/Heroin. The Fentanyl derivatives I could undoubtedly discern from the naturally-derived Opiates. It was just inferior in every way.

I don't mean to ramble, but my point is, I truly believe Morphine could have at least been made a solid foundation on which to stand while we wait for the more controversial Heroin therapy to become accepted.

Been saying for years heroin should be available on prescription. It lets the user stabilize their life plus have access to treatment if wanted and become part of society again get a job start building their life. For the wider community, it lowers crime ends up cost less taxpayer money than keeping it illegal.But we all know the conservatives even if the facts where all there they will ignore them and say it not moral to give drugs to addicts
Heroin is a name for correct, me if I'm wrong Diacetyl-Morphine meaning Heroin is literally simply morphine that penetrates the blood-brain barrier causing a quicker and stronger effect especially when it comes to the I.V. rush for Heroin compared to Morphine otherwise they r basically the same drug nearly at least with some subtle differences
Government is around to protect the interests of the elite not to make it easy for ya

I fully believe that if all drugs were freely available to all people, that society would actually change very little in how it functions or appears. It's all a big illusion, that doctors are efficient gatekeepers of poisons, that drugs devastate all they touch. In the end, most people will choose to live a normal life as opposed to pursuing drugs as their primary reason for being. I think that a lot of the trials with Heroin/Morphine prescribing have demonstrated the fact that drugs are a vice just like any other i.e. sex, gambling etc.

A lof of these folks, myself included for a time, were existing in a fantasy that a world with unlimited dope was not possible/not propable/could never truly be. Heroin-prescribed patients seem to become more curious about other potential facets of life like work, family etc. after discovering the logical end of Heroin dependency. Once I moved to an environment in which Heroin/Morphine was significantly more affordable, my entire idea about Opioid dependence changed permanently.

It's definitely possible to use drugs so much that they feel they no longer affect you and Opioids are no different. I've used 5 grams of Heroin per day at times, basically when Opiates became much more available to me. I eventually found that by using more and more, I was experiencing less and less of the effects desired and increasing dependence.

I think " western " medical belief is based on the principle that in no way should a patient find treatment / medicine pleasurable, euphoric etc..

Why else give methadone over something like morphine, dia m.

A lof of these folks, myself included for a time, were existing in a fantasy that a world with unlimited dope was not possible/not propable/could never truly be. Heroin-prescribed patients seem to become more curious about other potential facets of life like work, family etc. after discovering the logical end of Heroin dependency.
That’s a great point and so true imo