• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

❤️ RIP Jekyl Anhydride ❤️

Chris wasn't in pain. He had access to 1pp Oxycodone + a lot of alprazolam. Perhaps the polyphatma y and drug interaction gave him a feeling of invincibility. He hit his head on the TV console, but there was t a whole lot of bood, which means his heart stopped beating before he fell. I think he went to sleep and slilled away. The coroners report will be back soon and I'll share if he really did die of an oxy/alp od. Thank you all for your well wishes. You were his community, the people he reached out to, learned from, and cared about. Thank you for providing him with the bioorganic chemistry he loved so very much. He was dedicated to being a moderator, and lived you all.

Thanks
ANNE [email protected]
Thanks anne! Stay strong!

I am so sorry. I never got the pleasure to know JA well. I Read many of his posts and admired his intelligence and wisdom. It sucks. Too many good people lost to the evils of drugs. He will be missed. Be in Peace JA

Hello Bluelight crew,
This is Anne , Jekkyl's sister. Last night Jekkyl OD,ed on Oxycontin 30's, and was. Found d dead in his room at 7:30am on 9/20/19.

He will be dearly missed by friends and family. Bye, dear brother. Smart ass,
-Anne
? This is incredibly sad. Rest in peace and my condolences to you and your family.

This is just so sad, and Way too common. Third death in my sphere of influence this week! Two ODs and one drunken fall that ended in death! I do not have any answers but the world does seem a Lot fucked up Right Now
RIP - Chris

Chris wasn't in pain. He had access to 1pp Oxycodone + a lot of alprazolam. Perhaps the polyphatma y and drug interaction gave him a feeling of invincibility. He hit his head on the TV console, but there was t a whole lot of bood, which means his heart stopped beating before he fell. I think he went to sleep and slilled away. The coroners report will be back soon and I'll share if he really did die of an oxy/alp od. Thank you all for your well wishes. You were his community, the people he reached out to, learned from, and cared about. Thank you for providing him with the bioorganic chemistry he loved so very much. He was dedicated to being a moderator, and lived you all.

Thanks
ANNE [email protected]

Really sorry to hear that, must have been hard to walk in and find your brother in that state, hold up strong.

I am curious if they were real oxy he went overboard on or fake fent presses. If by oxy 30's you mean the instant release kind known as "Roxys", those are notorious for being faked in the US with plenty of fent presses doing the rounds unfortunately. That's also how Lil Peep died. Fake Roxy 30's + Xanax bars. The bars were real (or at least pressed with real alprazolam) but the oxy was pressed with fent and that was his cause of death in the toxicology report: fentanyl and alprazolam.

Sadly it's becoming all too common for fent presses to kill good people in the US. Seems to happen every other week :(

In any case you can take some small comfort in the fact his death was likely quick and painless. Again very sorry, we all are, everyone loved him here.

Details about the dose I mean, he was auch a smart dude, were the oxies fent pressed? Or his dose too big? This is horrible....
All I know is that he was opiate naive and had just received his Rx for o y 30's- and he had access to a lit of alprazolam and zolpidem. It's the polypharma y that worries me. He was super DUPER intelligent about dosages and mechanisms of the drugs in his body. I can't figure out how and why he od'd. Hed never committed suicide, so in thinking a accidental od. We'll hear from the coroner in a bout a week. I'll post more then

In the meantime, you were his community and I know he loved Bluelight. Thanks for keeping him in your prayers.

All I know is that he was opiate naive and had just received his Rx for o y 30's- and he had access to a lit of alprazolam and zolpidem. It's the polypharma y that worries me. He was super DUPER intelligent about dosages and mechanisms of the drugs in his body. I can't figure out how and why he od'd. Hed never committed suicide, so in thinking a accidejuntal od. We'll hear from the coroner in a bout a week. I'll post more then

In the meantime, you were his community and I know he loved Bluelight. Thanks for keeping him in your prayers.
H, ki didn't answer your question. His o y's were pharndcaurical pressed with out any fentylsl at all. He was the one person on the face of the earth that got an MD to Rx him 30's on the regular. His face was boyish but engendered trust. Talked his way into any such thing. I honestly think he fell asleep and passed away.
Question is have: is an oxy od painful?

no worries, we are here for you anytime, I am unfortunately on the other side of the world, but I wish I could help you out with anything you need, I know what's like to lose family so I can imagine what you are going through, whatever you need, an advice, a kind word literally anything please reach out, he was there for me in some tough situations always being positive and encouraging me in my transition to a better version of myself so I'm forever grateful.

much love and take care, it will be hard, time will heal it a bit, the scarr will be always there, but he had an impact on thousands of lives, a few people can say that about themselves, so be proud of him even in tough moments like this, try to endulge yourself in your best memories with him and pray, I am not religious at all, but I will pray for him tonight.

it reallly depends, I OD'ed on fentanyl a couple of times, I didn't feel a thing it was like falling asleep, so he may have just fell asleep and died like that. don't think about that anymore, it doesn't matter, thinking of the posibility of him having a painful death will only worsen everything for your soul and mind, let's hope he just fell asleep and went out the gentle way, in this case the autopsy will confirm everything.

Fuck man, I really had a close connection to Jekyl. He was just so ridiculously sound and I always enjoyed his PM's.

Easily one of the best mods & posters this past year or two. He made such a huge contribution to the site.voted his time ebe

I'll miss you man, a lot. <3
He dedicated his heart and soul to his moderator job. And I KNOW he cated for all of you. Hed jump up in the middle of dinner and say "I've got a Bluelight emergency" and off hed go. his real interest was in the organic chemistry side of things. Now, I got A's in O Chem, but this guy knew his $h[t. He could connect the chemistry with the biochem going on. He was always talking over my head! Yes, he will be missed terrible. Thank you, all.

H, ki didn't answer your question. His o y's were pharndcaurical pressed with out any fentylsl at all. He was the one person on the face of the earth that got an MD to Rx him 30's on the regular. His face was boyish but engendered trust. Talked his way into any such thing. I honestly think he fell asleep and passed away.
Question is have: is an oxy od painful?

Oh so it was a script? So he really did OD on the oxy + alp combo then. No fent is good, because fent is generally a "cold" opiate without the warm euphoria so not necessarily a pleasant experience, whereas oxy has you high.

An oxy OD is not painful no. Odds are he fell asleep and didn't even feel himself dying. This is the case for the vast majority of oxy OD's.

Even when I almost OD'd off oxy and benzos last year and could feel my breathing stopping, as in I had to consciously make an effort to stay awake and breathe, I still wasn't in pain. I could have just let go if I wanted. It was very strange feeling at peace and relaxed when I was on the edge of death, but that's the effect of the combo of oxy and alprazolam, you feel calm no matter what.

And really even that is rare. Most people will pass out before they get to that point.

It is most certain he will have died painlessly. He will have stopped breathing after passing out, and he would have passed out feeling like he was on the nod, so he'd have been high. As the actual death happens when you're unconscious, there is no pain or suffering.

I'm confused about one thing though. You said earlier:

All I know is that he was opiate naive

But then you say he got 30's scripted on the regular?

Just trying to understand how this fits together, as if he got 30's scripted regularly surely he wasn't opioid naive? Or do you just mean he usually took them as scripted rather than abusing them so had a low tolerance?

But in any case, someone can get away with certain doses of oxy for years and still have an OD, it just takes one unlucky day especially with a combo of oxy and benzos.

You can take some comfort however in the fact he most certainly did not die in pain and did not suffer. He most certainly died peacefully in his sleep.

RIP and very sorry for your loss. I only knew him from his post and he was a very informative nice person

Deepest condolences to his close friends, family and anyone who held him in esteem❤️
Loved his presence on here. ?
He seemed like a beautiful, person.

Jekyl had been taking up to 200+mg of loperamide to stave off withdrawal when he would run out of his prescription. He was not opiate naive to my knowledge although I am not his family and did not get to observe this statement, but I dont think he would make that up. @Jekyl Anhydride did he use alot of Imodium Anne?

It's been a week and I still can't believe that Chris is gone :cry:
He was one of my best friends here on BL and IRL. I had the honor of modding OD with him for a while. While I stopped modding and only resumed for a short period, he was extremely dedicated and stayed the whole time. He was one of the best mods I've seen here during my times and he shaped OD to what it is now. What he did for this comunity and in particular for OD will not be forgotten.
Chris was a really kind and intelligent guy that absolutely knew his shit, even though he often didn't fully believe in his knowledge. We've exchanged a lot of PM's over the years (I tried to get him to download Whatsapp so that we could write each other more often) and I'm really glad that I got to know him.

If there's an afterlife I hope that you're driving rounds at the Nürburgring and have an unlimited supply of fireworks.
You will be missed bro! <3

Still can't believe this happened Chris, it feels surreal. I slipped back into autopilot yesterday doing some of my usual tinkering to the site, trying out a few ideas here and there, and was about to hit you up for some feedback before I caught myself and realised you're no longer here :cry:

My sincerest condolences to all family, friends, and all members touched by his passing. I didn't personally know Jekyl but one only has to scroll through this thread, and the whole of the Other Drugs harm reduction forums, to see that he was valued deeply by our members and will be greatly missed. RIP Jekyl Anhydride

Dearest Christopher,

Thank you for being honest, yet kind.
Thank you for being a sincere and caring soul.
Thank you for sharing of yourself and being so patient with me and others.

You have contributed so much to BL, and did so quietly and as others have mentioned, humbly. The community is made less vivid by your absence, as am I.

It is so painful to be posting in your Shrine thread, in which many BLers you admired have posted.

And I know you’re on the beach somewhere with your dogs, happy. Content. Probably by a fire getting ready to make pizza or something else tasty.

Who am I going to ask about my sink now?

I’m going to start swimming again because I told you that I was and I’m going to listen to the music you sent me. I’ll also try to watch the last part of GoT and try to remember how hard everyone worked instead of how bad the writing was. (Sorry, but it is known.)

You have always been a better angel.

You always had class, without the “k”, and you’re a true Goldlighter.

Rest easy and I’ll see you in the threads!