• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸CASE STUDIES - It could happen to YOU!⫷

Sad story...at least someone's orhers life was saved,because of organ transplant.I lost so many relatives&friends from deseases&drugs too....don't count'em long time ago.....most of the people i've inown to n the drug scene are already gone🙁.Life...

One for the books, even though it’ll unlikely stop anyone from making a poor choice just like it wouldn’t have changed my mind a couple years ago either.
Diagnosed with COPD-emphysema 2 years ago by chance while having a scan done on my abdomen that picked up the bottom section of my lungs.
I heard ‘early stage lung disease’ and thought, early? Pfft that don’t sound too serious I’ll just keep on doing me til it gets worse, then I’ll think about taking things seriously.

Then about 4 months ago something changed. Rapidly.
I was suddenly unable to do the things I usually do without running out of breath. Small tasks would see me break into a sweat and need to sit down for a bit.
Drugs took the life out of me rather than gave me a boost and all I wanted to do was sleep all the time.

So went for my 2 yearly scan.
And I’ve got something called Talcosis-Silicosis As well as the emphysema which has progressed from ‘early’ stage to moderate to severe in that short space of time.
How did I get this? This weird disease that only stone masons or factory workers or people who eat talcum powder get?

Fucking IV drug use.
SPECIFICALLY iv of crushed pharmaceuticals meds. Typically methadone and the like because the fillers in the pills (commonly talc) isn’t cooked out effectively in that process, but it’s also been seen in those injecting methylphenidate pills, and I’m sure the documented studies falls quite short of the endless possibilities because in short, any pill crushed and injected can do this. In a single use.

Apparently it’s some kind of hypersensitive reaction to the talc in the blood stream that causes it but I don’t really quite understand how it’s made it to my lungs.
And the big issue?
I’ve never once knowingly injected a crushed up pill of any kind.
I’ve thought about it. More than once.
But was too scared of what could go wrong.
This means one of two things.
Either a man I trusted my life with, also a heroin addict, was secretly feeding me his methadone so he could take my money for ‘real’ drugs.
OR somewhere along the way I’ve scored a batch of meth from a dickhead backyarder who doesn’t know how to correctly cook his meth.

And those choices have likely just cut another 10 to 15 years from my already shortened life.

know what you’re sticking in your arm guys.
Always.
It’s not just about clean needles, filters and making sure you don’t burn a hole in your vein.
So much can go wrong with this shit.
Hey how are you? I’m so worried this will happen to me. I stopped iv ing about 4-5 years ago and work out all the time. I am really worried I will develop talcosis. I hope you are ok.

Lol @ the link where some dude swallows a crack pipe : * Hits the mesh fiercely with a 1/6 th G hard yellow rock .Sirens suddenly coming from everywhere, even choppers and the whole flying squad chasing : "Sheeat , Sheeeeat !!!! I´m gonna get done here. " ...windows do not even appear as a rational option -proceeds to shove crack pipe up his arse ..."UiIIIIIiiiiIii !!!! Sheeat Brethren ! Too HOT . " ...platoon closing in ... "the fok -"Gulp !!!! ".
And this ,ladies and gentleman, is the perfect example why ALL drugs should be DECRIMINALIZED like they are in Portugal. As if the life of an addict is not hard enough we now have to be swallowing needles and such in order not to end up in some dungeon somewhere ...disgusting to read these things.