• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸DANGEROUS Drug Combos⫷

This is not necessarily a post to your reply because I’m fairly new to blue light now it works but I need some answers on my own I recently was in a detox for 18 days off of Suboxsune and they use Subutex and they sent me home telling me I need a long-term maintenance program and to go back on my medication that no one I started taking Suboxone again and for some reason it threw me into severe withdrawals what happened I thought it was all the same and can I ever use the Suboxone again I really want off this medicine but I’m not sure how to do it and what to do when insurance is state insurance Medicaid and Medicare I’m 69 years old and at my wits end I can get any good advice to help me I live in New Jersey

This is not necessarily a post to your reply because I’m fairly new to blue light now it works but I need some answers on my own I recently was in a detox for 18 days off of Suboxsune and they use Subutex and they sent me home telling me I need a long-term maintenance program and to go back on my medication that no one I started taking Suboxone again and for some reason it threw me into severe withdrawals what happened I thought it was all the same and can I ever use the Suboxone again I really want off this medicine but I’m not sure how to do it and what to do when insurance is state insurance Medicaid and Medicare I’m 69 years old and at my wits end I can get any good advice to help me I live in New Jersey
Suboxone is with naloxone,subutex is pute bupr.dont understand for what change one with another.its not detox.must tapper too thre lower possible dose and then quit with help of some meds.Thats how usually people quitt-in medical detox or by themselfs.about insurance dont know nothing.not from US

You can ofcourse,but very probably change one addiction with another.If you are prescribe legally meds,people often rotate his painkillers in order of tollerance issues.or just one med fits you better than other.

I don’t know about consensus (or coke), but I know from experience and from some other online reports that both alpha and beta blockers as well as other drugs that reduce blood pressure can cause a hypotensive crisis if you are really peaking on amphetamines.

Other drugs in the mix like some antipsychotics (eg seroquel) magnify the risk significantly.
There is absolutely no evidence that uncontrolled alpha stimulation is a thing.

Hi .I know this is a strange one but Alcohol and Paracetamol is a bad combo even when the pills are used the next day for a hangover. It causes liver damage.

Happened to me but luckily it's just temporary and liver enzymes return to normal after a while of no alcohol ( and no paracetamol).

I've never taken another paracetamol pill since finding this out in 2018.

Instead for hangovers ,it's better to use Ibuprofen which doesn't have all the damaging stuff of paracetamol.

So I’m not sure if this has been discussed yet and I’m also not sure if it’s a deadly combo but I definitely know it’s a horrible, do not ever ever take combo. When I was pregnant I was on methadone. I’m now on Suboxone but that’s irrelevant. Anyway I was on methadone during my entire pregnancy. I told them this at the hospital when I went in when I started to go into labor and my OB also obviously knew from the beginning. As things started to progress and the pain started to get worse I was given Stradol. And it threw me into INSTANT withdraw. I mean the worst withdraw I’ve ever experienced in my many many years of opiate abuse. Come to find out that Stradol is a HUGE no no when taking methadone. Which ya know you’d think since I was in a hospital and all they’d have known that but apparently not. Let me tell you trying to deliver a baby while in major withdraw is not something I wish anyone to experience ever in a thousand lifetimes.

So I’m not sure if this has been discussed yet and I’m also not sure if it’s a deadly combo but I definitely know it’s a horrible, do not ever ever take combo. When I was pregnant I was on methadone. I’m now on Suboxone but that’s irrelevant. Anyway I was on methadone during my entire pregnancy. I told them this at the hospital when I went in when I started to go into labor and my OB also obviously knew from the beginning. As things started to progress and the pain started to get worse I was given Stradol. And it threw me into INSTANT withdraw. I mean the worst withdraw I’ve ever experienced in my many many years of opiate abuse. Come to find out that Stradol is a HUGE no no when taking methadone. Which ya know you’d think since I was in a hospital and all they’d have known that but apparently not. Let me tell you trying to deliver a baby while in major withdraw is not something I wish anyone to experience ever in a thousand lifetimes.
I can't believe how common this is for a practitioner to make this kind of mistake when prescribing medications in a hospital setting or any setting for that matter. Basically, Sadol is an opioid antagonist and can rip an opioid agonist like methadone off of the receptors causing near instant withdrawal. That sounds absolutely horrific.

I can't believe how common this is for a practitioner to make this kind of mistake when prescribing medications in a hospital setting or any setting for that matter. Basically, Sadol is an opioid antagonist and can rip an opioid agonist like methadone off of the receptors causing near instant withdrawal. That sounds absolutely horrific.
Oh trust me it was. I can honestly say it was one of the worse experiences of my life

For driving and a bezo virgin not virgin but but no sex moves yet just a bunny rabbit it has to be heroin and valium lets say a friend did them and next thing his airbags wake ghim up and his motor has gone over a roundabout and smashed into a sign

Nice idea my man! This can be a place where GL's and BL's can make inquiries as to the safety of certain combinations as well. While we have a potentiation megathread already, maybe we can add a section on that too, in case someone accidentally and unknowingly drinks a cup of WGF juice before their usual deadly cocktail of CNS depressants and dies. In all seriousness though, that might be beneficial.

What I'm interested in (just out of curiosity) is whether a drug like Gabapentin or Lyrica would really be classified as CNS depressants, and if they could really cause an overdose if someone say, took a high dose of gabapentin with their usual dosage of Oxycodone.

I found this:

Which basically says that it exhibits similarities to both stimulants and depressants. The fact that it raises blood pressure, makes me wonder further whether a gabapentin/opiate combo could result in an overdose. I know Lyrica is stronger and I'm pretty sure that it doesn't suffer from the self limiting qualities that Gabapentin does (the reduced bioavailibility at higher dosages), however I'm still curious about that one too.

One dangerous combination that I just thought of also is using methamphetamine/amphetamine in concurrence with asthma inhalers, I'm thinking specifically albuterol sulfate. I know that an overdose of albuterol is possibly by itself and can result in a heart attack, and I can only imagine what adding speed or cocaine could do.
Gabapentin in my experience is most likened to alcohol as I've read somewhere that it uses the same receptors for its effects and consequently side effects. It shouldn't be prescribed for pain, because it does almost nothing for such, but on its own, it's highly effective at adding to the effects of amp and meth, reportedly, and tends to add to the effects of all drugs in general-this reason should make anyone be more aware of what they take with such a prescription. It can surely also make one drunk and delirious, even moreso with alcohol or any other sedating drug. It amplifies other drugs very effectively though.

So I've researched a lot about DXM and also read quite a few trip reports. But I've never actually done dxm. Until tonight. So I did 240mg of dxm about 7 hours ago. I was wondering if it would be okay if i smoked some meth right now? Only asking because I've never mixed these two drugs before obviously.

DXM and meth is considered an unsafe combination, nor do I think it would be particularly pleasant to combine from a subjective standpoint. In extreme cases it could also cause serotonin syndrome.

However, since it's been 7 hours since you've dosed the DXM, I think you'll be fine. I would maybe wait another hour or two for good measure.

Nice idea my man! This can be a place where GL's and BL's can make inquiries as to the safety of certain combinations as well. While we have a potentiation megathread already, maybe we can add a section on that too, in case someone accidentally and unknowingly drinks a cup of WGF juice before their usual deadly cocktail of CNS depressants and dies. In all seriousness though, that might be beneficial.

What I'm interested in (just out of curiosity) is whether a drug like Gabapentin or Lyrica would really be classified as CNS depressants, and if they could really cause an overdose if someone say, took a high dose of gabapentin with their usual dosage of Oxycodone.

I found this:

Which basically says that it exhibits similarities to both stimulants and depressants. The fact that it raises blood pressure, makes me wonder further whether a gabapentin/opiate combo could result in an overdose. I know Lyrica is stronger and I'm pretty sure that it doesn't suffer from the self limiting qualities that Gabapentin does (the reduced bioavailibility at higher dosages), however I'm still curious about that one too.

One dangerous combination that I just thought of also is using methamphetamine/amphetamine in concurrence with asthma inhalers, I'm thinking specifically albuterol sulfate. I know that an overdose of albuterol is possibly by itself and can result in a heart attack, and I can only imagine what adding speed or cocaine could do.
Even worse 150mg lyrica,30mg.adderal,50mg tramadol,on top of my psych meds risperadone,trazadone,benztropen,citalopram,10mg haloperidol[schizophrenia][

Gabapentin in my experience is most likened to alcohol as I've read somewhere that it uses the same receptors for its effects and consequently side effects. It shouldn't be prescribed for pain, because it does almost nothing for such, but on its own, it's highly effective at adding to the effects of amp and meth, reportedly, and tends to add to the effects of all drugs in general-this reason should make anyone be more aware of what they take with such a prescription. It can surely also make one drunk and delirious, even moreso with alcohol or any other sedating drug. It amplifies other drugs very effectively though.
Gabapentin actually reduces an amphetamine and methamphetamine high and lessens the come down. I don't know who you're talking to.

It's method of action is actually to dampen the release of all catecholamines and to specifically impair the release of norepinephrine.

Lots of people use it to bring themselves a little back down to earth when they're just a little too high on meth.

And it's not for I cut my arm and I'm bleeding or I smashed my toe with a hammer pain, it's for nerve pain caused by damaged nerves or scars in the brain or damaged nerves from herpes. And for that it works extremely well.

And you didn't read anywhere that it works on the same receptors as alcohol because it doesn't. And it doesn't work on the same receptors as benzodiazepines even though it's got gaba in the name.

And you can drink responsibly while taking gabapentin. No problem. 3 or 4 drinks a day just fine. In fact, it's prescribed to prevent binge drinking in people that have issues with controlling their drinking.

I went into Serotonin Syndrome about a month ago from combining recently prescribed Prozac and 30mg Oxycodone.... I went into shock and went to the hospital via ambulance....very scary. Use WebMD drug interaction checker. It looks like I can only take codeine now as long as I'm on this SSRI. Can I change my username from 11 years ago? 😫