• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

1st time poppy pod tea experience …

Technically it wasn’t my first time because about a month ago or so I tried making a single serve but I never drank enough to give it a chance to work ,I drank a mouthful or two but I never cooked off the water so it was from about a liter of tea. So I used that liter in making my second batch but I had more of a plan this time I guess I was just more determined.I crushed up about 1/2 lb of the bigger pods and smashed them up then blended it then I added the liter of tea from the first batch and about a liter of water and simmered that for about 2-3 hrs let it cool and sit out overnight ,in the morning I sifted out the plant matter via a screen the put all plant matter in a thick plastic bag and wrung it out then popped a few holes in it to let any remaking tea out of it , I did a second wash of the matter for a few hrs then ran it thru the blender again let it sit overnight again wrung it out and added it to the pot simmering down ,it went from about two liters down to a cup of thick chocolate milk looking tea which is much more concentrated then my last batch . So I put it in the fridge two days ago and tried it this morning first thing ,a few tablespoons and waited 30 minutes to see if I felt something then I poured about two mouth fulls and waited about 30 minutes and I definitely felt I starting to creep up the back of my neck then in the chest , I then took about two more mouthfuls and within a few minutes I started to nod out in front of the tv pretty nice and that was 9:00 am at noon I decided to finish off the last big mouthful and spent the rest of the day nodding in front of the tv in 5he recliner till 6:00 pm when I finally got out the chair I first noticed the pounding headache which a few naproxen took care of in 15-20 minutes, the heavy nodding over but I’m still really high considering I started this6:00 this morning, I was severely nauseous when I got up which passed in a few minutes after taking a Nauzeane for it ,besides the headache and nausea which makes you think how dirty the high feels for a few minutes it’s something I’d definitely do again one of them once a month things to do ,I had a naloxone on the end table just in case things went sideways on me but thankfully didn’t need it . I could see people wanting to evaporate all the water off and getting either thick gunk or I’m guessing if it’s just left to sit and dry turn into a powder and smoked if possible , smoked on top weed comes to mind if that would work , overall a very positive experience 👍👍

Technically it wasn’t my first time because about a month ago or so I tried making a single serve but I never drank enough to give it a chance to work ,I drank a mouthful or two but I never cooked off the water so it was from about a liter of tea. So I used that liter in making my second batch but I had more of a plan this time I guess I was just more determined.I crushed up about 1/2 lb of the bigger pods and smashed them up then blended it then I added the liter of tea from the first batch and about a liter of water and simmered that for about 2-3 hrs let it cool and sit out overnight ,in the morning I sifted out the plant matter via a screen the put all plant matter in a thick plastic bag and wrung it out then popped a few holes in it to let any remaking tea out of it , I did a second wash of the matter for a few hrs then ran it thru the blender again let it sit overnight again wrung it out and added it to the pot simmering down ,it went from about two liters down to a cup of thick chocolate milk looking tea which is much more concentrated then my last batch . So I put it in the fridge two days ago and tried it this morning first thing ,a few tablespoons and waited 30 minutes to see if I felt something then I poured about two mouth fulls and waited about 30 minutes and I definitely felt I starting to creep up the back of my neck then in the chest , I then took about two more mouthfuls and within a few minutes I started to nod out in front of the tv pretty nice and that was 9:00 am at noon I decided to finish off the last big mouthful and spent the rest of the day nodding in front of the tv in 5he recliner till 6:00 pm when I finally got out the chair I first noticed the pounding headache which a few naproxen took care of in 15-20 minutes, the heavy nodding over but I’m still really high considering I started this6:00 this morning, I was severely nauseous when I got up which passed in a few minutes after taking a Nauzeane for it ,besides the headache and nausea which makes you think how dirty the high feels for a few minutes it’s something I’d definitely do again one of them once a month things to do ,I had a naloxone on the end table just in case things went sideways on me but thankfully didn’t need it . I could see people wanting to evaporate all the water off and getting either thick gunk or I’m guessing if it’s just left to sit and dry turn into a powder and smoked if possible , smoked on top weed comes to mind if that would work , overall a very positive experience 👍👍
You'll get higher eating or drinking opium than smoking it.

Good old pod tea... it's a hell of an opiate experience. Very long lasting, very strong. The combination of the long duration and strong effects from morphine, codeine and many other alkaloids makes it my favorite opioid. I imagine if I was an IV user I would feel differently but I'm not.

Good old pod tea... it's a hell of an opiate experience. Very long lasting, very strong. The combination of the long duration and strong effects from morphine, codeine and many other alkaloids makes it my favorite opioid. I imagine if I was an IV user I would feel differently but I'm not.
I'm an IV user and I get very nicely high off my home - produced opium (both smoked & as tincture).

Yeah when I first started using opium tea I would still feel strong effects 20 hours later.

Btw no heat is needed if steeped over night, just powder the pods finely and soak
I put crushed pods in a blender and fill it with water then I’ll simmer it twice before letting sit overnight,I’ve seen it said several times that seeds are cold water and it’s ok to heat pods,it’s been working pretty good for me ..

I put crushed pods in a blender and fill it with water then I’ll simmer it twice before letting sit overnight,I’ve seen it said several times that seeds are cold water and it’s ok to heat pods,it’s been working pretty good for me ..

Yeah, it's fine to heat pods. The only reason you don't want to hat seeds is because they will release their oils which is not good, you will get super nauseous and sick. However you want to use room temperature water, not cold water, as it will dissolve the morphine better. You just don't want to use hot water (with seeds). Pods don't have the same issues as they don't contain the oils that the seeds do, and the morphine and other alkaloids are locked inside the walls of the pod, rather than with seeds, where the alkaloids are stuck to the outside of the seeds so they can just be washed off.

Yeah, it's fine to heat pods. The only reason you don't want to hat seeds is because they will release their oils which is not good, you will get super nauseous and sick. However you want to use room temperature water, not cold water, as it will dissolve the morphine better. You just don't want to use hot water (with seeds). Pods don't have the same issues as they don't contain the oils that the seeds do, and the morphine and other alkaloids are locked inside the walls of the pod, rather than with seeds, where the alkaloids are stuck to the outside of the seeds so they can just be washed off.
I have a couple of kilos of seeds I kept from pods I make tea with, what's the best way to use them?

The seeds from the pods barely do anything... apparently the seeds don't really get much of any opium latex on them unless the pod are scored to harvest opium from, and seems like most pods are not scored, so that the pods themselves remain potent. I have used a large amount of the seeds from the pods I got and I barely felt anything.

There are a few threads on the first page of threads in the Basic Drug Discussion and Other Drugs subforums, which detail how to use seeds, if you want to try.

tried that. In fact they almost took over my garden. Results were mild, could it be my location? SE UK

Well I'm in NW UK and have had some good results with my own home grown pods. Perhaps you just need to up the dose a little.

Well I'm in NW UK and have had some good results with my own home grown pods. Perhaps you just need to up the dose a little.
Did you ever experience a burning sensation in the mouth? I did from blended up fresh pods, so never pushed the dose