• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs 2-APB - What do you all make of this?

simstim

Bluelighter
17146.png

This chemical is almost the benzofuran analogue of aMT. Actually I believe the benzofuran analogue of aMT is 3-APB. This 2-APB is available though.

Do you all think it's likely that 2 or 3-APB would produce similar effects to aMT?

There are several other active psychedelics which are benzofuran analogues of tryptamines.

Dimemebfe (5-MEO-BFE) is 5-MEO-DMT with the indole nitrogen replaced by an oxygen. 5-MEO-DIBF is 5-MEO-DIPT with the same substitution.

Why not make the same substitution to AMT? The result is 3-APB.

2-APB is very close.

What do you all think? Dud? Psychedelic? Releasing agent? A synthesis
byproduct that they removed and decided to sell separately? What?

Sometimes the only way to find out the nature of a new compound is the in-vivo assay. I do like the idea of a benzofuran AMT though. I'll be following this one closely.

Someone already invented Mebfap which is 5-MEO(3-APB). Aka the benzofuran analogue of 5-MEO-AMT.

Sometimes the only way to find out the nature of a new compound is the in-vivo assay. I do like the idea of a benzofuran AMT though. I'll be following this one closely.
I like the idea too, but there is no information about this chemical outside of the sites selling it.

I wouldn't mind being a guinea pig if I could get it by the gram, but I don't want to be the first one to take the plunge when the minimum order is 10g. At least it's cheap, but what would I do with 10g of a weaker relative of AMT?

It should be weaker than AMT. That would fit the SAR of the other chems where they replaced the indole core with a benzofuran.

I've just been doing some journal article reading and apparently the benzothiophene analogs of all of these benzofurans are known.

Apparently, 3-APBT, 5-APBT, and 6-APBT were all stronger serotonin releasers than their APB counterparts. All three were tested to bind to 5-ht-2 receptors (more effectively than the APB analogue) and all three produced the rat head twitch that is a stereotype behavior which indicates the likelihood of psychedelic activity. None of the chemicals increased locomotor activity. So definitely not the next MDMA.

3-APBT is aMT with the indole nitrogen substituted for a sulpher.

I would like to try this 2-APB....

Apparently it's possible that 5 and 6-APBT are more potent psychedelics and/or releasing agents than 5 or 6-APB.

Now I'm curious about the benzothiophene of 5-MEO-BFE/5-MEO-DMT.

This article is just more proof that they can't ever stop psychedelics. Psychedelic world forever! Can't nobody hold us now!

Last edited:
I have only found one paper that specifically mentions 2-APB and that paper stated that it was a pretty potent maoi. That's pretty much all that was said in the tiny portion of the paper that I could read.