• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Basketball 2021/2022 NCAA Basketball

mal3volent

Bluelight Crew
I was just gonna leave it but I can't. Look at this shit.

EiIf6o0.jpg

It has been a wild one. Yes, UK was no good this year but I personally feel like a few things have made up for that.

1. Big Ten has been exposed.
2. Virginia out in the first round AGAIN for the third time in the last four tournaments.
3. No Duke.
4. Strong showing by the SEC relative to other conferences.

@TheLoveBandit i thought Florida had that game in the bag last night.

@TheLoveBandit i thought Florida had that game in the bag last night.

They usually have a Florida game every 2-3 games, they were due. We're still struggling as many want the coach gone, but he's got too many built in excuses this season. We have no seniors, so we could be decent next year (but coach?).

I'm betting nobody has a perfect bracket. Abilene Christian? Oral Roberts x2? Loyola Chicago, again?!?! God must be coming, and he's pissed.

Gonna pull for sister Jean at Loyala. Realistically, I've got ALA & BAY going to the F4, and GONZ winning it all. So I've got the best shot in my group.

Who you got? Anyone?

I've got ALA & BAY going to the F4, and GONZ winning it all.

wow, that's a good call. Nobody has been giving Alabama credit. I think Baylor would beat Gonzaga though.

Honestly , I'm just kinda hoping Oral Roberts wins. Just so everyone will have to say Oral Roberts a lot. And so everyone will know this season was fluke :LOL:

Don't forget about Louisville. We could have had a chance to play if one of the other teams had got sick with Covid.

wow, that's a good call. Nobody has been giving Alabama credit. I think Baylor would beat Gonzaga though.

Honestly , I'm just kinda hoping Oral Roberts wins. Just so everyone will have to say Oral Roberts a lot. And so everyone will know this season was fluke :LOL:

On my Gators site, the game thread against them has been updated to "Came for Oral, Got Anal"

We are sooo hoping someone takes our coach away.

Alabama got raw dogged by the refs last night but I must say, I enjoyed it.

I don't feel like it right now but at some point I'm gonna post Houston's path to the final four. It's absolutely stunning to think about. Haha.

@TheLoveBandit

oh man...I fuckin loved seeing Gonzaga destroyed like that. They got exposed. Exxxpoooosed!

perfect season huh? Try going 38-1 like UK did in the fucking SEC, then the opponents we had in the tourney.
THEN getting fucked by the worst non call in history against Wisconsin.

Something tells me itd be different than your WCC vacation every year.

Watched Baylor-Houston, that was a slugfest.

Listened from the other room on Gonzaga-UCLA. I have a personal dislike (not hate) for UCLA, and was looking forward to the title game of the best two teams.

Half-listened from the other room on the title game, and checked in every so often to enjoy the latest lead by Baylor. I understand Gonzaga did indeed get owned and destroyed, good. I'm ok with Baylor winning in this, they f'n earned it and left no doubt.

= ======

In unrelated news, from the FLA team that got bounced in the second round but showed true grit and heart throughout the season after losing their all-SEC Keyonte Johnson for the season (and now, forever)....a team that had no seniors, decent potential for a strong year with everyone coming back:

Starters:
[Keyonte Johnson (Jr, maybe medical So)] = lost to medical
Colin Castleton (Jr, xfer from MICH) = Declared (no agent)
Tre Mann (So) = Declared (agent)
Scotty Lewis (So) = Declared (agent, mistake)
Noah Locke (Jr) = Transfer Portal

Bench:
Ques Glover (So) = Transfer Portal
Osaye Osifo (Jr) = Transfer Portal
Omar Payne (Jr) = Transfer Portal

Bonus:
Andrew Nembhard (Starting PG for Gonzaga's title run) = transferred there from FLA this year.

Can we pretty please get a new coach?

Most of our guys are getting drafted or transferring out. I think we have two guys coming back for next year.

Cal going after more upper classmen Transfers. Plus the freshmen coming in.

Damn, he's been there a decade? No NC's (KY expectations) but that's a helluva record you posted. I can't think of anyone coming close to that.

Wonder who will take over at Duke. Doubt they'd take Calipari, and I think he has a good home at KY. I have no idea how we'll be next season :\ Won't recognize more than 2-3 names on the roster, and those would likely be bench players.

Wonder who will take over at Duke.

Jon Scheyer

tgvTzqY.jpg

DURHAM – Duke University formally announced Jon Scheyer as the next head coach of the men's basketball program in a press conference at historic Cameron Indoor Stadium Friday morning. Scheyer will take the reins of the iconic program in April 2022, following the retirement of Mike Krzyzewski.

Scheyer, 33, will be the 20th head coach in Duke men's basketball history and would be the youngest men's basketball head coach of a power conference institution at 35 years of age when the 2022-23 season commences. One of the most respected assistant coaches in college basketball, Scheyer has spent eight years on Krzyzewski's staff and was promoted to associate head coach in 2018.

UK looked good in the preseason opener.

Can't wait for things to get rolling again. Two years without proper college basketball!

Hm....do I try and care about basketball this season, or just pretend I never went to or supported my university. I mean, I was born there, and there is that fugly assed tattoo I have on my lower back (tramp stamps were cool, I swear)....but is it worth the heartbreak and frustration? Hell, I don't even know what players my school still has. Idunno rite nao.

Hm....do I try and care about basketball this season, or just pretend I never went to or supported my university. I mean, I was born there, and there is that fugly assed tattoo I have on my lower back (tramp stamps were cool, I swear)....but is it worth the heartbreak and frustration? Hell, I don't even know what players my school still has. Idunno rite nao.

do it! College basketball is much more enjoyable than college football. Doesn't feel like the world is gonna end if you lose a game here and there . More competitive, more possibilities. Plus you'll be more invested come tournament time.

Trying my best to avoid the Duke News Network (ESPN) until tip off tonight...

gJSxI3V.jpg

Duke basketball: Blue Devils star Paolo Banchero, Mike Krzyzewski's grandson Michael Savarino face DWI charges

Duke basketball star freshman forward Paolo Banchero and junior guard Michael Savarino, the grandson of Blue Devils head coach Mike Krzyzewski, face charges following a driving while impaired (DWI) arrest over the weekend, according to a report by the Raleigh (N.C.) News & Observer. Court records indicate that Savarin was arrested for DWI while Banchero is charged with aiding and abetting DWI.

The N.C. Highway Patrol made the arrests in Orange County, according to the report. A conviction of aiding and abetting DWI is punished as a Level 5 DWI in North Carolina and could include a fine and up to two months in jail.

The university has not revealed either player's status for Tuesday night's home game against Gardner-Webb. Savarino, 20, has a Dec. 9 court date and the 19-year-old Banchero is due Dec. 8 in court, according to the report.

“We are reviewing a legal matter involving two members of the men’s basketball team,” Krzyzewski said in a statement released by Duke athletics to the N&O. “Any further actions as a result of this situation will ultimately be determined by the Vice President/Director of Athletics and University officials.”

Hm....do I try and care about basketball this season, or just pretend I never went to or supported my university.

It's still preseason, I'll care. Just went into an early season tournament coming off a win over #20 F$U, and knocked them the fk out 71-55. In tournament, we beat unranked Cal in the opener 80-60. tOSU upset #21 Seton Hall, and faced us in the final. With out starters going 8 of 37, we played hella defense throughout to keep it close and win it at the buzzer

Yeah, I'm a Gator fan for now. I can't name more than 3-4 players, because they are all transfers, but they are winning...for now. Anytime tOSU loses it's great, losing to us is even better. In anything.

73439796.jpg

Last edited: