• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Hockey 2021-2022 NHL Season

Did any of you watch the Calgary game last night?

Man that was nuts - i told ya that goalie on Dallas was lights out - he almost won that series for them, but they just didn't have enough offense

Calgary vs Edmonton is gonna be wild

Slap Shot Kelly. That's my custom title if I win.

I tried to get into the second round picks. It'll take awhile.

@Mr. Krinkle I had a friend in fourth grade who was from the Philly area. He was my first northern friend, first Jewish friend, first hockey friend. Massive flyers fan. We watched tons of hockey at his house, canes and flyers ... I've tried to get more into it several times but my major problem is losing sight of the puck. Like when they gather around the goal how the fuck are you supposed to tell what's going on unless you're there in person? On tv it's impossible.

@Mr. Krinkle I had a friend in fourth grade who was from the Philly area. He was my first northern friend, first Jewish friend, first hockey friend. Massive flyers fan. We watched tons of hockey at his house, canes and flyers ... I've tried to get more into it several times but my major problem is losing sight of the puck. Like when they gather around the goal how the fuck are you supposed to tell what's going on unless you're there in person? On tv it's impossible.

well they tried doing the red puck for all you blind people and pretty much everybody hated it - do you remember when they did that? it was awful...

idk ive been watching it so long i feel like i kinda have an idea of where the puck is almost gonna go already....so maybe there's some of that?

but i guess that is a somewhat common complaint for the people who don't latch onto the game

now not to insult your game of basketball, but that to me is worse because i barely know why the whistle blew and other times it doesn't - there's just so many whistles....and ya know football is trash when there's too many whistles - i probably wouldn't follow the NFL as much if it weren't for fantasy - fantasy feels like it's a part of the game that isn't fixed - otherwise, im pretty sure that game is fixed

remember that referee that got busted fixing NBA games? whatever happened to him? they swept that story under the carpet real quick...Tim Donaghy.....that shit's still going on if you ask me

but hockey i feel like it isn't fixed - it's a clean game

i cant stand the Flyers

but i don't hate anybody as much as the Rangers.....I actually hate the Yankees, Giants, and Knicks too because they're all Rangers fans

I hate the Dallas Cowboys a real lot too - to the point where i won't watch their games unless i know they're losing, then i'll turn it on :cool:

i root for all the Canadian teams in hockey because i think they deserve to win a cup every few years because that's their national sport and they haven't won one since 1993 (montreal)

well they tried doing the red puck for all you blind people and pretty much everybody hated it - do you remember when they did that? it was awful...

idk ive been watching it so long i feel like i kinda have an idea of where the puck is almost gonna go already....so maybe there's some of that?

but i guess that is a somewhat common complaint for the people who don't latch onto the game

now not to insult your game of basketball, but that to me is worse because i barely know why the whistle blew and other times it doesn't - there's just so many whistles....and ya know football is trash when there's too many whistles - i probably wouldn't follow the NFL as much if it weren't for fantasy - fantasy feels like it's a part of the game that isn't fixed - otherwise, im pretty sure that game is fixed

remember that referee that got busted fixing NBA games? whatever happened to him? they swept that story under the carpet real quick...Tim Donaghy.....that shit's still going on if you ask me

but hockey i feel like it isn't fixed - it's a clean game

i cant stand the Flyers

but i don't hate anybody as much as the Rangers.....I actually hate the Yankees, Giants, and Knicks too because they're all Rangers fans

I hate the Dallas Cowboys a real lot too - to the point where i won't watch their games unless i know they're losing, then i'll turn it on :cool:

i root for all the Canadian teams in hockey because i think they deserve to win a cup every few years because that's their national sport and they haven't won one since 1993 (montreal)

you can learn the rules of basketball and understand why the whistles are blown.

most importantly you can follow the ball and the action of the game easily and without trying.

like, in the open ice I can follow everything because I see the passes. The problem I have is lots of times a goal is scored but you don't even see it until they get the replay queued . Well at the point the drama already happened.

i gotta make some predictions for the 2nd round....

but check it out - i know basketball - ive watched a million games - NBA was borderline my favorite in the late 80s through the 90s - i very much understand the game....its still "why watch the first half when i can just watch the last 2 minutes of the game"

and they flop too much too nowadays

i dont wanna watch floppers floppin

they got a penalty for that in hockey - its called embellishment - every sport needs that penalty - do they have that in basketball yet?

but back when i watched it, you were allowed to play defense - the Detroit Pistons of that era couldn't exist in this era - different game - as they all are - but i think basketball changed a little too much for me in that context

but anyway - yes sometimes these guys launch the puck at 100 mph and all you see is the puck maybe hitting the back of the net - or not - yea you gotta wait for a replay if you didn't see it that good....a lot of times it ricochets in - gotta wait for the replay there too - it's a faster game than it used to be - so there's that too - in the old days, it was a lot slower - these guys all skate super fast now and they're big mofo's - that's the game that came when the iron curtain came down and all the czechs and russians came to play here

Avalanche v. Blues: Who will record a higher save percentage?

Kuemper or Husso

Husso isn't even starting now - Binnington is

so there's a freebee for everybody

but what if he comes in to play in relief for 1 period, and doesn't give up any goals? now he's got a 100% save percentage?

ya know, i feel like espn just threw this thing together for the 2nd round....im not too happy with this

i always thought their fantasy football platform was garbage - i can see things haven't changed much

but what if he comes in to play in relief for 1 period, and doesn't give up any goals? now he's got a 100% save percentage?

ya know, i feel like espn just threw this thing together for the 2nd round....im not too happy with this

i always thought their fantasy football platform was garbage - i can see things haven't changed much

espn's website overall has always been trash. The only reason I use it during March madness is because you can use the app and it's somewhat better.

they're too busy at disney trying to be gender neutral

have you guys heard the female commentator? i dont even know her name because she sucks

i gotta listen to some girl that sounds like she's in 3rd grade screaming "he scores!"

cmon

they're too busy at disney trying to be gender neutral

have you guys heard the female commentator? i dont even know her name because she sucks

i gotta listen to some girl that sounds like she's in 3rd grade screaming "he scores!"

cmon

idk, I love the female nba commentator Doris Burke. She's great.

You guys remember 2012 playoffs? 8th seeded LA Kings knocking off top 3 Western seeds and then beating 6th seed NJ Devils in the finals? It was incredible to watch.

You guys remember 2012 playoffs? 8th seeded LA Kings knocking off top 3 Western seeds and then beating 6th seed NJ Devils in the finals? It was incredible to watch.

yup i loved those Kings - i think they started out with 3 sweeps in a row too

that was great

and then they beat the Rangers for the cup

that was great too

idk, I love the female nba commentator Doris Burke. She's great.

i haven't heard her....

it's the girl's voice - it's terrible - not because she's a female but that plays a roll in her shitty voice - but she just sucks

yup i loved those Kings - i think they started out with 3 sweeps in a row too

that was great

and then they beat the Rangers for the cup

that was great too
Not quite

They beat the Canucks in 5 games, swept the Blues, then beat the Coyotes in 5. Then the Devils in 6.

Their 2014 run was great too

Came back from 0-3 deficit to beat the Ducks in 7

Not quite

They beat the Canucks in 5 games, swept the Blues, then beat the Coyotes in 5. Then the Devils in 6.

Their 2014 run was great too

Came back from 0-3 deficit to beat the Ducks in 7

thats right - i get those 2 seasons mixed up - they were both great runs

Colorado and St Louis was pretty good - similar to Dallas Calgary the other night - lights out goaltending by Binnington but getting outshot by over 2 to 1, it's still hard to win like that....

Tonights games should be great - im sure Carolina is gonna tattoo the Rags - im looking forward to Carolina vs Tampa in the next round, let me just say it right now

Calgary Edmonton should be a series for the ages - thats the main event - its too bad that its on so late on the east coast