• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [2C-B Subthread] Dosage & Methods of Administration

I actually find inufflation of 2c-b to be quite enjoyable to some odd way. Sure it burns a little bit (ok, I lied), but I find it to be worth it, for the quick onset and high intensity, which is hard for me to get off eating it, even at very high doses. Duration is a little bit short this way, but I find the trade off to be worth it.

And it usually works out that the burning sensation subsides right as the intensity starts to peak, makes for a kind of weird transition. "Omg it burns" > "Wow, i'm pretty fucked up" in 10 minutes.

Does anyone care to venture their theories on why intranasal 2c-x is sometimes less profound? I've heard this idea bandied around and don't quite understand it. Perhaps it has something to do with the mentality of the average user who would decide intranasal administration is a good idea (see above post, spec. paraphrase - "wow i'm fucked up").

While I think it definitely has the potential to kick your ass, 2C-B is relatively calm and benign-feeling to me compared to most of the other psychedelics I've taken. When eaten, it comes on slow enough that you can easily adjust to it, its not very intense mentally (relatively speaking), doesn't last too long, and is colorful with a fairly positive push.

Insufflating it can be rather alarming though. I was a bit shocked really, when I tried it that way. Instead of taking an hour and a half or so for much to happen, I was seriously fried in about 10 minutes. the come up was so fast it was a bit overwhelming. It leveled out soon enough, but then didn't last very long at all.

is 15mg a good first dose? Also, how should one take it orally (mix with water, parachute...) for best effects?

fastandbulbous said:
I've rectally administerd 20 or 25mg of 2C-C, a long time ago and rather than being the 'cuddly teddy bear' psychedelic that it is when taken orally, it turned into a psychotic grizzly (it was a real white knuckle ride with a fair degree of anxiety at the start and hugely over the top visual hallucinations)
I think you are the 4rth person that I know of who reported this exact phenomenon along with myself and another two.

Very interesting.

hardhatharry: I think 15mg should be fine for a first dose. The usual precautions still apply: if you are inexperienced, make sure you have a sitter nearby.

Welcome to Bluelight!

hardhatharry said:
is 15mg a good first dose? Also, how should one take it orally (mix with water, parachute...) for best effects?

I've always been in the habit of disolving phenethylamines into orange juice. For the most part, it masks any flavor and OJ is always good for you.

i can't wait to try a higher dose than 28mg. i'm thinking 35mg next time. can anyone describe a high dose? any deep insight?

Ocinteeni said:
i can't wait to try a higher dose than 28mg. i'm thinking 35mg next time. can anyone describe a high dose? any deep insight?

Not for me, no. I don't find 2C-B very insightful at any dose. More a recreational material. 35mg is going to make you trip hard, but you may not become one with the universe.

Your scale only weighs out in 10mg increments. You cannot use that scale to measure individual dosages but you can use it to measure out 100-200mg, and then use a volumetric technique to separate smaller dosages.

Otherwise buy the proper scale (.001).

hardhatharry said:
care to link me to the steps on doing that.

It's fairly simple mathematics, actually. Just take a known quantity of material, say, 500mg, and dissolve it into a known amount of liquid, say, 500mL. This would equate to 1mg/mL. Obviously, you could adjust the numbers, and make a solution that is, for instance, 5mg/mL, or 10mg/mL, but it will make for more accurate dosing if you go with a lower concentration of milligrams per milliliter.

Also, it's usually best to use ethanol, or some kind of high-proof liquor, as your liquid, as opposed to water, because bacteria love water.

^^ Or you could be like me and use a mixture of ethanol and distilled (NOT tap) water. A 20%/80% or perhaps 30%/70% mix works fine to keep away bacteria and such, and allows you to consume your substance without much alcohol.

would weighing out 10mg and splitting it in half be that bad though? I mean, the most itll be is about 7-4 or so, leaving Buddha under 20 like he would like.

I understand that mixing it would be better, but is it really a for sure way to do it? It doesn't evenly distribute does it? Still possible to misdose because all of it is in one part. Is this wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
hardhatharry said:
would weighing out 10mg and splitting it in half be that bad though? I mean, the most itll be is about 7-4 or so, leaving Buddha under 20 like he would like.

I understand that mixing it would be better, but is it really a for sure way to do it? It doesn't evenly distribute does it? Still possible to misdose because all of it is in one part. Is this wrong?

Hey Harry, both methods are not safe. Mixing in filler powder will not allow you to have greater accuracy. In fact you could very well end up with a lot of the powder at one point (something to do with the different densities of the powders you're mixing).

Also, I'm assuming you have a scale that is accurate to 10mg from what I gather of your first paragraph. Well, your "10mg" pile could be anything from (in my exp) 5-20mg. Oftentimes these scales will be off 1-2 points (10-20mg in your case) especially on the lower end of their scale (this is why people with +/-1-2mg scales should place a tare down first).

In order to weigh out the 2CB accurately you'd need a scale accurate to at least 2mg. You can buy this for as little as 65-70bucks on ebay.

I'm PMing this to you so that you get this info since you need it. Please be smart about it and be safe. It is very easy to end up overdosing yourself. And it is not a pleasant experience (check erowid's 2CB vault for an overdose story by two folks called Gracie and Zarkov).

To add to samadhi's post, mixing a powder with a filler powder in order to obtain an evenly-mixed powder is not something you can even come close to doing without lots of expensive equipment and binders. You would be better off eyeballing a pile of 2C-B by splitting it in half by eye than mixing it with a filler powder and trying to weigh larger amounts, as they could be mixed very unevenly.

But both methods are unsafe. Your best bet given your current equipment is to weigh out as large a dose as possible and dissolve it in a known amount of liquid for liquid measurement. Even better, though (and something you need to do if you plan to continue to explore these compounds) is to spend $60-70 on a milligram scale.

I didn't want to start a new thread, so I'll post my question here.

I'm a psychedelic virgin and am ready to embark on my first experience. In general, would 20mg of 2C-B be too strong of a dose for my first trip? I am thinking of splitting the dose into 2 10mg, instead of taking the full 20mg. I currently do not have access to marijuana or benzos in case things get out of hand. However, I've heard that a bit of alcohol can do the trick as well.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

gfdsa said:

I'm a psychedelic virgin and am ready to embark on my first experience. In general, would 20mg of 2C-B be too strong of a dose for my first trip? I am thinking of splitting the dose into 2 10mg, instead of taking the full 20mg. I currently do not have access to marijuana or benzos in case things get out of hand. However, I've heard that a bit of alcohol can do the trick as well.

It's hard to say. I've always been a hardhead to 2C-B, though friends are floored with 18mg. I shared 20mg with my cousing today for his first psychedelic experience. He felt very little so there is no saying.

gfdsa said:

I think you'll be fine with 20mgs of 2cb. Its def. one of the chiller RC out there IMO. Last weekend I ate 24 mgs of 2cb after rollin all night, and I ended up falling alseep during the comeup.:p When I woke up my roommate and I ended up drinking 20mgs of 2ce, and went on a 15 mile longboarding trek through the city. Very awesome day:)