• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol 2M2B - 2-methyl-2-butanol & Synthetic Alcohols Megathread

strictly in terms of dose required to produce an effect, yeah

there are about 14 grams of 100% ethanol in each standard beer

what other drugs do you dose in 14 grams?

I mean I used to take 14g of kratom in one dose... but that was a dose for at least half if not the whole day, not 1 unit
But what does the weight of effective dose have to with anything Negen

He is the one that suggested using pagoclone (a benzodiazepine-like drug, more specifically a z-drug relative) as an alcohol replacement, but I doubt sentia contains this or anything like it.

His argument for things like pagoclone as an alcohol replacement is a foolish one. Sure, benzodiazepines or other compounds that bind to the benzodiazepine binding site do possess lower acute toxicity than alcohol, and are not nearly as toxic to the organ systems as alcohol is during chronic use. But the thing is, they can produce physical dependency far more rapidly than alcohol due to their tendency to pretty quickly dysregulate the GABA-A system. For instance many people drink a few drinks a night for years and can stop cold turkey without withdrawal symptoms. Yet almost anyone who takes say three zolpidem tablets a night for 6 months is going to have hell to pay if they suddenly stop. Sure, drugs like pagoclone are less toxic, but they can cause profound GABA-A dysregulation pretty quickly and in a way that alcohol doesn't. Beyond that, the euphoric effects of alcohol are probably more related to NMDA-antagonism. It's a hard sell.

But who knows what's in sentia though. I'm sure someone has independently tested it via mass spec at some point however.

He is the one that suggested using pagoclone (a benzodiazepine-like drug, more specifically a z-drug relative) as an alcohol replacement, but I doubt sentia contains this or anything like it.

His argument for things like pagoclone as an alcohol replacement is a foolish one. Sure, benzodiazepines or other compounds that bind to the benzodiazepine binding site do possess lower acute toxicity than alcohol, and are not nearly as toxic to the organ systems as alcohol is during chronic use. But the thing is, they can produce physical dependency far more rapidly than alcohol due to their tendency to pretty quickly dysregulate the GABA-A system. For instance many people drink a few drinks a night for years and can stop cold turkey without withdrawal symptoms. Yet almost anyone who takes say three zolpidem tablets a night for 6 months is going to have hell to pay if they suddenly stop. Sure, drugs like pagoclone are less toxic, but they can cause profound GABA-A dysregulation pretty quickly and in a way that alcohol doesn't. Beyond that, the euphoric effects of alcohol are probably more related to NMDA-antagonism. It's a hard sell.

But who knows what's in sentia though. I'm sure someone has independently tested it via mass spec at some point however.
The sentia is just plants. I tried it and there was the tiny tiny tiniest effect making me smile a bit and it tasted really good. At that price it's not what I'm after.

If the real one in a few years feels like 2-3 units of alcohol then I'm sorted. Exactly what am looking for. I can stay at that maximum dosage all night on the days I don't want to drink real alcohol.

Love all this science stuff.

I think you're far too attached to this pipe dream OP, but i'm just jealous that my nihilism prevents me from getting hyped for anything. I guess the hype in itself is a high, so congrats on getting your legal high

But what does the weight of effective dose have to with anything Negen
strictly just talking about how alcohol is one of the least potent drugs known to man in terms of dose required for effect

potency in terms of how much is required, not how strong the effect can be

Last edited:
Meh I first googled it in 2019 so hype is gone for me lol. I ll be pleasantly surprised if they get it out there in a few years.

I do really like David Nutt however. He's head of drug science charity in the UK and they are educating a load of people about fact based drugs information.

Cannibis is the first hurdle since it's legal in other places, but he's talked about legalising mdma in the future. Also constantly reminds us of the dangers of the two legal drugs we have in the world... alcohol and cigarettes.

🤓

Goodie.. I can post this shit again 😁 Nah this is one of my fave books on addiction.

“Of all the drugs known to man, there is only one capable of raising five, sometimes six, of the eight neurotransmitters that shape the way we experience life. That drug is alcohol. We in the detoxification profession refer to it as the mother of all drugs or the kick-ass drug. The pharmaceutical industry has never produced a drug as all encompassing in its effect as alcohol. Most drugs will raise one or two neurotransmitters at a time.

Often antidepressant medications will raise serotonin and possibly a little noradrenaline. It is rare to find pharmaceutical agents that will raise two or three neurochemical systems. Wellbutrin (bupropion), the most powerful pharmaceutical agent out there, is an antidepressant medication that will actually raise three in somewhat of a reasonable manner: noradrenaline, dopamine, and acetylcholine.

Alcohol is the ultimate stimulant for the brain. To date, we know of no other agent that comes close to matching its power; alcohol’s effect on the human body is unprecedented. This influential drug is ultra-powerful as a neurotransmitter agonist. It moves the brain’s neurochemicals like no other drug on the planet.”

—Dr Fred Von Stieff, Brain in Balance: Understanding the Neurochemistry Behind Addiction

lol their website is a joke

"Designed by GABA scientists to mimic those feelings we want from those first two drinks. "

"GABA scientists"? What the fuck does that even mean?
Yea. .

I was excited when I heard it but at that price it's a rip off.

I liked the taste though.

Yea I read into this and it's just a plant that produces gaba and some gabanergic compounds.

Still a bit interesting I guess.

Yea I read into this and it's just a plant that produces gaba and some gabanergic compounds.

Still a bit interesting I guess.
Plant is the one that's out already - and doesn't do much from what I can feel.

The real one should feel like about 2-3 units but has max doseage. That's ready in 2025 according to Nutt 😎

lol their website is a joke

"Designed by GABA scientists to mimic those feelings we want from those first two drinks. "

"GABA scientists"? What the fuck does that even mean?

I don't want to pay through the nose for something that gives me the feeling from those first two drinks.

I want something that's going to get me totally fuckin hammered...

Crystal/powdered Synthetic Alcohol.

Like why was I not informed of this? Lol

For a bit the local clubs had alcohol vaporizers, that didn't last long though and I never got round to trying them.

Just bought another bottle of this..still can't feel anything when I drink it.

C Mon Mr Nutt. Get the real won ready 🤪🤞