• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction 2methylap237: a WARNING

There are reports of different batches of this compound being wildly different potency and quality. As well there are reports going back months that it has given people organ damage, hospitalizations, and other very serious side effects in standard sized oral dosages.

In addition to this, it is speculated that this is the compound which contributed to the OD of our dear recently departed friend on BL.

Avoid this compound at all costs right now, and if you are to use it, start small, and titrate!! Please be careful.

Love you all,

deficiT

Last edited:
Was contemplating getting some and then realized how fucking stupid that would be knowing what I know. Think we should def be spreading the word though. There may be other threads about it idk, but I thought this was some pretty important stuff to get out there.
This is the mindset I have adopted towards drugs in general since 2013 and the last time I nearly irreversibly fucked up my life. It's a good way to go about it.

It makes me so sad knowing that THIS SPECIFIC drug was what killed him. Knowing it is so caustic, imagine what pain he must have gone through when the drug ran through his veins. Since it is caustic, I'd imagine it'd have to felt like burning from the inside out :cry:.

There's a reason they are RESEARCH CHEMICALS people, and I think some people take RC's too lightheartedly Really, only use RC's that have enough documentation of their effects.

It makes me so sad knowing that THIS SPECIFIC drug was what killed him. Knowing it is so caustic, imagine what pain he must have gone through when the drug ran through his veins. Since it is caustic, I'd imagine it'd have to felt like burning from the inside out :cry:.

There's a reason they are RESEARCH CHEMICALS people, and I think some people take RC's too lightheartedly Really, only use RC's that have enough documentation of their effects.

He was using a lot of ap238 as well as I recall which I believe has similar caustic properties. At least at some point prior to this, I remember talking to him about it.

I honestly doubt he suffered. :(

Am very sorry to hear about CH
However I need to ask about the 2-methyl-ap 237 because it sounds very much like some crap I have been getting in the street such as my insides feel like they are burning I get feeling horribly sick I also ran a fever and felt like I had a sore in my throat from the drain (I sniff)
I couldnt understand why I would do dope and feel worse
I know several who are using this daily but all claim to be fine w/no probs
Would like to ask what type of substance/color is this?
Can you get your drugs tested? It is always possible that the dope is cut with what CaptainHeroin overdosed on, or it could be any other number of cuts or research chemicals. Stay safe.

This is a horribly insensitive thing to write on a thread with many contributors/reader being people who knew the guy. Completely unnecessary and adds nothing to the discussion.

"Adds nothing to the discussion"

I said, only use RC's that have enough documentation of their effects. If you look up this drug their isn't even a psychonaut page about it. Or an erowid page.

I was the one who created the obituary. I knew Andrew very well, for years. So please take your negativity elsewhere.

This is a horribly insensitive thing to write on a thread with many contributors/reader being people who knew the guy. Completely unnecessary and adds nothing to the discussion.

I must say your efforts to define irony by example are excellent. In one short post you provide an example of exactly the thing the post claims to be against.

Thats good to hear. Now all we need is this new thing of putting meth into opioid presses to end.

Does to black market not realize there is a huge contingents of users that aren't fully destitute psychotic tweakers or fenters that will consume anything in a baggie? That actually want the fucking type of drug they want? Short the bag, overcharge me...IDGF. stop putting poison and drugs that are the opposite of what we want into our drugs ffs.

Also what's that about CH? Was he using this nasty drug or just had a bag to try or something?

I would think he'd get a good RC or dope and something something truly nasty as this drug would be hard to even imagine someone at his knowledge level to OD on due to how shitty it makes you feel.
Its only really one side of the drug game that cares about the quality of the product over money. This isn't to say most dealers are completely callous scumbags, but we've been dealing with fentanyl and its analogues in dope for what, 10 to 15 years now? And from what I just read here, this stuff isn't nearly as potent as fent, albeit way more problematic in other ways. With China, kinda sorta limiting fentanyl production and export, this doesn't surprise me.

Thats good to hear. Now all we need is this new thing of putting meth into opioid presses to end.

Does to black market not realize there is a huge contingents of users that aren't fully destitute psychotic tweakers or fenters that will consume anything in a baggie? That actually want the fucking type of drug they want? Short the bag, overcharge me...IDGF. stop putting poison and drugs that are the opposite of what we want into our drugs ffs.

Also what's that about CH? Was he using this nasty drug or just had a bag to try or something?

I would think he'd get a good RC or dope and something something truly nasty as this drug would be hard to even imagine someone at his knowledge level to OD on due to how shitty it makes you feel.

I have no doubt cap knew better, but he was being recklessly self destructive. I strongly suspect all of us who had interacted with him at some point in the past 6 months or longer saw it.

I don't think he ever talked to me about ap237, but he had definitely talked about ap238 on several occasions.

Thing is, I got the impression he just didn't care if he died. The metaphor I've used is that I think for some people it's easier to keep walking back and forth on the edge of a cliff until they finally trip and fall, rather than ever intentionally jumping off.

From my personal experience, it's hard to kill yourself. Even when you wanna die and nearly every moment of every day hurts, it's still really hard to actually take that final step to end it.

It's much easier to just keep doing reckless things until you die by reckless accident.

That's my impression of what happened with cap. :(

I hope my asking this isn't too upsetting, but do you know that he was injecting it?

I ask because I was looking over my own conversations with cap, rereading stuff he had said about ap238.

One comment I found by him indicates that he was aware that with ap238 at least it was too caustic to inject and I got the impression he wasn't injecting it. He was definitely shooting flualp. But the impression he gave at least was he was taking ap238 orally.

I hope my asking this isn't too upsetting, but do you know that he was injecting it?

I ask because I was looking over my own conversations with cap, rereading stuff he had said about ap238.

One comment I found by him indicates that he was aware that with ap238 at least it was too caustic to inject and I got the impression he wasn't injecting it. He was definitely shooting flualp. But the impression he gave at least was he was taking ap238 orally.
I am not trying to besmirch CH or anyone for taking any drug, but why not just shoot actual dope. I know the risks and all but that's the thing. Does anyone know the risks of this garbage? And is it even remotely as good as heroin or fentadope? I doubt either.

I am not trying to besmirch CH or anyone for taking any drug, but why not just shoot actual dope. I know the risks and all but that's the thing. Does anyone know the risks of this garbage? And is it even remotely as good as heroin or fentadope? I doubt either.

Well apparently cap thought so, he had spoken to me about his enjoyment of ap238 (a related substance to the one in the topic that we believe lead to his death) in the past. So as far as it being enjoyable, I would say he at least thought so, with 238 at least.

As for the risks. I think you're looking at this from the perspective of someone who gives any serious shit about the risks. I don't think cap did really.

I don't think avoiding the risks was something that had been on his mind much. If anything it seemed like he was intentionally taking needless risks.

Which is why I think this is suicide by reckless indifference. Not a suicide where someone decides here and now to die. But a suicide where someone keeps taking risks until it happens anyway without an affirmative act.

I dunno if you've ever felt suicidally depressed, I have and I definitely get it. Like I said it's not easy to actually decide in the here and now that this is when you've decided to die. My suicide attempt was a total impulse decision. I had no idea when I woke up that day that I'd try and kill myself.

Often it's much easier on yourself to just keep taking stupid risks until that kills you. :(

Yeah, I get it and to be perfectly frank, you are describing CH to a tee from what I remember. The risk thing isn't really getting to me. I OD'd 3 times last month fully knowing the risks and continue to use dope. But in my warped mind and based on the actual history and pharmacology of heroin and fentanyl, it's a risk worth taking. But this stuff is not only less potent, but seems to actually hurt the user in the act of administration. I know you said he was possibly using a related substance but I surmise that one too isn't nearly as powerful as either heroin and certainly not fentanyl. I also understand that potency isn't the whole shebang when it comes to drugs of abuse, but it's a pretty damn big one. It just seems counterproductive to shoot and crappier product when ultimately the effect are the same, albeit weaker and the risks are either comparable or unknown.

Perhaps I am coming at this only from the addict point of view but I too have been suicidal in the past and normally it's not a slow, drawn out thing like CH seemed to have going on before his passing. Ofc it's possible it was an accident or he pushed too far or whatever but that circles me back to an unknown and seemingly inferior product. From what you say Jess, he was voluntarily using these things and I just gotta ask why.

Yeah, I get it and to be perfectly frank, you are describing CH to a tee from what I remember. The risk thing isn't really getting to me. I OD'd 3 times last month fully knowing the risks and continue to use dope. But in my warped mind and based on the actual history and pharmacology of heroin and fentanyl, it's a risk worth taking. But this stuff is not only less potent, but seems to actually hurt the user in the act of administration. I know you said he was possibly using a related substance but I surmise that one too isn't nearly as powerful as either heroin and certainly not fentanyl. I also understand that potency isn't the whole shebang when it comes to drugs of abuse, but it's a pretty damn big one. It just seems counterproductive to shoot and crappier product when ultimately the effect are the same, albeit weaker and the risks are either comparable or unknown.

Perhaps I am coming at this only from the addict point of view but I too have been suicidal in the past and normally it's not a slow, drawn out thing like CH seemed to have going on before his passing. Ofc it's possible it was an accident or he pushed too far or whatever but that circles me back to an unknown and seemingly inferior product. From what you say Jess, he was voluntarily using these things and I just gotta ask why.

Cap had said to me on a few occasions that he enjoyed these opioid RC's a lot, presumably he got something out of them.

Sigh, I'm a bit in two minds as to how to feel about holding any presumed confidence on private conversations now that he's dead, as this is in public I'm gonna split the difference and paraphrase what he said, (I had searched my discord discussions with him for ap238).

In one conversation he asked if I had tried AP-238, I said I had not, only the classics, heroin, oxy, tramadol, etc
He replied and said ap238 is a third as strong as morphine, but that the time to onset and euphoria was very good. He acknowledged that you have to take it orally and that it's too caustic to IV but that it lasts a long time.

So from that I would take that he at least enjoyed these RC's. He had also mentioned elsewhere that there was no good heroin where he lived. So maybe that's why?.

Cap had said to me on a few occasions that he enjoyed these opioid RC's a lot, presumably he got something out of them.

Sigh, I'm a bit in two minds as to how to feel about holding any presumed confidence on private conversations now that he's dead, as this is in public I'm gonna split the difference and paraphrase what he said, (I had searched my discord discussions with him for ap238).

In one conversation he asked if I had tried AP-238, I said I had not, only the classics, heroin, oxy, tramadol, etc
He replied and said ap238 is a third as strong as morphine, but that the time to onset and euphoria was very good. He acknowledged that you have to take it orally and that it's too caustic to IV but that it lasts a long time.

So from that I would take that he at least enjoyed these RC's. He had also mentioned elsewhere that there was no good heroin where he lived. So maybe that's why?.
I am a bit apologetic right now realizing that although not my intention, I am kinda making you say stuff said to you in confidence. My bad.

I considered no good dope as a possible reason but thought he was in SoCal and imagine it's plentiful but I may be totally off on where he lived. Its not really important anyway.

Idk, dope or this shit, if not intentional its just tragedy and who honestly gives a fuck what made shit happen. I was just, as I said, having my "how does it feel" hat on for a minute instead of my full junkie crown. There's no explanation for any of it.

I am a bit apologetic right now realizing that although not my intention, I am kinda making you say stuff said to you in confidence. My bad.

I considered no good dope as a possible reason but thought he was in SoCal and imagine it's plentiful but I may be totally off on where he lived. Its not really important anyway.

Idk, dope or this shit, if not intentional its just tragedy and who honestly gives a fuck what made shit happen. I was just, as I said, having my "how does it feel" hat on for a minute instead of my full junkie crown. There's no explanation for any of it.

Well, it's presumed confidence, he never actually said "don't repeat this to anyone" or similar and I wouldn't say that was the tone of the conversation and I doubt he would have cared, but I'm just assuming that if it's said privately it should be assumed to be in confidence if in doubt.

That's one mind, an other mind I'm in is that... I think people deserve to have these kinds of questions answered. It can be harder to process a death when you have open questions. You'll always be left with some, but I generally believe that it's usually a bit easier (or more accurately, a bit less hard) to process if you can find out some of the things you wish to know.

I don't believe this was intentional in the sense of him deciding at any point that day to die. I do believe this was gonna happen if he kept taking the risks he took, and I believe he had to know that too even if he would try and tell us otherwise.

I suppose it might also be possible that he specifically wanted to avoid heroin because of prior experiences with it.

You're good my friend. Yeah he was injecting. You're supposed to take it orally as it is the least harmful ROA since it is so caustic.

You're good my friend. Yeah he was injecting. You're supposed to take it orally as it is the least harmful ROA since it is so caustic.

Yeah. He even said that himself. He said to me that you had to take it orally, which is why I assumed that's how he was taking it.

But yeah, he seemed to be taking so many risks in disregarding his health. :(

He was in such a bad way... :(
God I wish we coulda helped him. I can't help it, it's probably irrational but I still can't help feel like we let him down, or that I let him down. :(

Yeah. He even said that himself. He said to me that you had to take it orally, which is why I assumed that's how he was taking it.

But yeah, he seemed to be taking so many risks in disregarding his health. :(

He was in such a bad way... :(
God I wish we coulda helped him. I can't help it, it's probably irrational but I still can't help feel like we let him down, or that I let him down. :(
I'm sorry he reassured you that. That unfortunately was not what was going on.

We all tried to help. Lots and lots of people on here not just ourselves.

Let's try our best not to beat ourselves up, what has happened has happened- and we cannot reverse it. The universe works in a montone clockwork, and there was a time and place for Andrew's death. All we can do is mourn the loss of a beautiful soul and move on with ours.

"

There are reports of different batches of this compound being wildly different potency and quality. As well there are reports going back months that it has given people organ damage, hospitalizations, and other very serious side effects in standard sized oral dosages.

In addition to this, it is speculated that this is the compound which contributed to the OD of our dear recently departed friend on BL.

Avoid this compound at all costs right now, and if you are to use it, start small, and titrate!! Please be careful.

Love you all,

deficiT
Thank you, this saved my life.