Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines 4-aco-dmt solution turned green

Listening

Bluelighter
Hey all,

Had a weak solution (~8mg / ml) of 4-aco-dmt / whisky in the fridge for possibly 2 years. I looked at it the other day and it was very green. :)

I dumped it, but I'd like to understand what the most likely explanation is. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Well i mean if you put 4-AcO-DMT into solution, even in alcohol it degrades very fast into 4-HO-DMT which isnt stable in solution at all and goes bad, loses potency. Well when this process happens it turns black if its stored in vodka, ive made solutions before just fucking around back when i had like 10g's of the stuff. For a few months they would deff remain clear in the fridge but after that the color would get dark. If it wasnt in the fridge they would go black much faster, i think it turned greenish because of the color of the whiskey.

One time i made a solution of 4-AcO-DMT and DOC combined in vodka and i was selling it to some friends at my job, they loved it. Well i somehow dropped one of the vials behind a dresser and found it a year later. Well it was totally black and like a crazy person i drank some, and i tripped on the DOC, it didnt feel like a Tryptamine at all anymore. Its best to always keep 4-subs as powder and just dose them in a gelcap IME.

That's one reason that I don't put it in solution ever. Just store the powder as I would any other chemical. I still have a couple of grams of it that are 8 or 9 years old. Still works like a charm. Vacuum sealers are your friend...

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses. I have my main stash stored properly as powder for long term... No problems there. This was just a weak solution for microdosing.

I assume that if I did the solution in PG I wouldn't have this issue?

How long have you stored it for as powder? I found it started causing more nausea the longer I stored it.

Thanks for the responses. I have my main stash stored properly as powder for long term... No problems there. This was just a weak solution for microdosing.

I assume that if I did the solution in PG I wouldn't have this issue?

It might degrade slower in PG but it would still not be as good as having it in powder form, in a amber glass vial in the freezer. If you store it like that it will remain viable for decades probably.

I petition we dub the degraded, darkly coloured 4-aco-dmt solutions the, "Black Sarcophagus Fluid."
This has happened to me three times. Are there any other psychedelics that denature in solution over time?

I petition we dub the degraded, darkly coloured 4-aco-dmt solutions the, "Black Sarcophagus Fluid."
This has happened to me three times. Are there any other psychedelics that denature in solution over time?

Yes, all the Tryptamines and Lysergamides are going to degrade faster in solution. The Phenethylamines are the ones that are going to last for a longtime, cuz they are just such stable compounds to begin with. Stuff like the 2C-x series will last hundreds of years if not longer in powder form. They have found Mescaline buried with people that was thousands of years old and it was still present in the sample.

For this reason id say that even if stored as a solution in vodka a Phen is gonna last for ages. But the Tryptamines and Lysergamides will degrade much faster, especially the 4-Sub tryps. Even as a powder i have seen many change color when stored in room temperature over a couple years. In the freezer tho in a glass amber vial ive stored them longterm with no obvious color change. So your best best for any of these drugs is to do it that way if possible.

Last edited:
How long have you stored it for as powder?
I've stored my stuff in the freezer (in mason jars filled with descendant) since beginningless time (i.e. since things started becoming available on the clearnet). I think there's been no real degradation.

I found it started causing more nausea the longer I stored it.
That's quite interesting. This is 4-aco-dmt specifically or other chems as well?

I've stored my stuff in the freezer (in mason jars filled with descendant) since beginningless time (i.e. since things started becoming available on the clearnet). I think there's been no real degradation.

That's quite interesting. This is 4-aco-dmt specifically or other chems as well?

Do you have the chems in amber vials and then put inside of the mason jar? I would do that if not so, mason jars are pretty airtight but id be to paranoid to just stick a baggie inside of one personally. And about drugs making you more nauseous i never really found that and ive eaten some straight up brown tryptamines that started out white.

And they were active as hell too and i dosed extra thinking they might be less potent, not necessary. Mean im sure eventually you might have to do something like that, for me the trip felt the same pretty much. But that being said i only get true nausea from certain chems, like 4-HO-MiPT its vicious for me and im talking numerous different synths done this, fresh batches also.

Almost always throw up during the comeup and the whole trip i feel sick. When i was real young it was a little milder and i could still enjoy it but now its bad and i wont even take the stuff. Which sucks cuz its highly regarded and i feel like im missing out. And then i get nausea from 2C-B, 2C-T-7 and 2C-E but it passes after the comeup and the rest of the trip is the best ever, so totally worth it.

If i plug it bypasses that whole scenerio and its good the whole time. And whats crazy is i have the worst stomach ever and cant even have a drink of alcohol without getting sick, so the fact i respond well to so many psychs and dissos is a real blessing. And with certain things like aMT that are notorious for nausea ive only ever plugged it. Im not even risking that one cuz the duration is so long.

It was 4-aco but it had been cut with crap - made me sick when i first had it 2 years ago but I had it recently and it was like eating poison. Just horrendous physically

Always wondered if that is true. lol Glad I had some before that happened.

I heard the batch with the guy in it was FYRE. They say if you take a high enough dose, he’ll come to you in your visuals.

-GC

The decomposition pathways of tryptamines can result in all sorts of highly coloured products. (c.f. the blue bruising/oxidation of the psilocin in mushroom fruiting bodies)

You could have a 4-AcO-DMT solution that has gone dark purple and it might have less than 1% impurity though. These impurities are very intensely coloured. It does indicate that there has been some hydrolysis to the 4-HO-DMT but pharmacologically it's not relevant at all.