• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

4-ethylmethcathinone

Yes, I have. That's why I know how it felt for me. It didn't feel like MDMA, it didn't feel like cocaine, finally it didn't feel like a combo of MDMA and cocaine. I would keep my mouth shut about its effects and just stick to "it took its toll" talk if I hadn't taken it. From all 4-substituted cathinones I took mephedrone and flephedrone. Look how I don't comment on 4-ethyl-N-methylcathinone or N-ethyl-4-methylcathinone beside reminding the fact all these drugs have never been studied in human.

I believe in science so without any proof I can't say "I know" but having experienced some subjective effects and having read reports on it, I can say "I think it's true that...".

Why was mephedrone a success? Well, firstly it was legal, secondly (it also augments "firstly") it acted similarly to other cathinones (with a small difference). When amphetamine blocks DAT, NAT, and SERT by phosphorylation, it does at some ratios, when amphetamine acts as a releaser of DA, NA, and 5-HT, it does it at some ratios. Now, amphetamine acts in such a way that serotonin effects play a very small role in general experience. Mephedrone has different ratios for both transporters blocking and releasing capabilities. And to cut this neuroscience "lecture" short, mephedrone relies on serotonin much more than amphetamine or amphetamine. That's why some people who never took MDMA or cocaine (or took some dirty pills with no MDMA but some piperazines and snorted some 10% cocaine), compare it to MDMA, cocaine or both. But this is bullshit neuropharmacologically.

I accept the fact mephedrone is addictive to some people just like I accept amphetamine is addictive to some people (for me it isn't, I'm simply not into stims). By "I accept" I mean I understand. But I never accepted the fact that 16-year old kids could go and buy it just like that exactly because I understand it's no better than (meth)amphetamine in terms of addiction. A drug no different in this aspect to amph was legally sold, that's unacceptable. But just as banning other psychoactive substances that are good brainwashers, banning mephedrone made it go underground. It limited kids' access to this drug so they started buying those "boosters/afterburners" (different translations from Polish I've seen) containing BZP, TFMPP and some other piperazines. Those vendors couldn't use mephedrone in "boosters" anymore so they had to make up for possible losses so they started putting more piperazines into those "boosters" and anyone could buy them at "funshops" that sometimes were on the main street of the city. "Boosters" god banned eventually as well but they also went underground, they're worse than plain amphetamine and those little colorful packs cost much more than plain amphetamine and people buy it - I don't understand it but it's not a must for me, I don't have to understand it.

Now why am I writing about all of this? Seems like it doesn't have any connection with other cathinone analogs, right? Well, it does. If drugs like 4-EMC or 4-MEC start to be available like mephedrone (and I don't care if they're "nowhere near mephedrone", for me mephedrone was nowhere near anything - who cares?), these mephedrone substitutes are going to take their toll as well. From all available stimulants on this planet people choose to buy such shit at ridiculous prices. This world has gone really crazy.

yeah i dont really want another meph either, it made a mess of my head and health for quite a while. i agree in that it certainly seemed far more serotonergic than amphetamine or methamphetamine (i only have tried in yaba pills sold as mdma, but which were certainly not mdma- very dirty intense high).

mephedrone was a very nasty drug

And to cut this neuroscience "lecture" short, mephedrone relies on serotonin much more than amphetamine or amphetamine. That's why some people who never took MDMA or cocaine (or took some dirty pills with no MDMA but some piperazines and snorted some 10% cocaine), compare it to MDMA, cocaine or both. But this is bullshit neuropharmacologically.

You're probably right in a basic sense, but this is all speculative; is anyone aware of studies detailing binding affinities and EC50s for mephedrone? AFAIK, there have yet been none.

ebola

Yes, this is all speculation. I thought I made it clear. I know of no studies devoted to mephedrone's pharmacodynamics or pharmacokinetics. And I don't think we're going to see one as I don't think the world of science feels it's needed. The drug is now widely known as a drug of abuse being banned in more and more countries.

Anyway, like I wrote, people often compare to MDMA or cocaine or both even if they never did MDMA or cocaine because they had earlier read some descriptions of what MDMA feels like and what cocaine feels like. And I guess this is how they imagine those drugs are...

And to be honest it's not good for MDMA to be compared to mephedrone in any way. Mephedrone is now banned in my country and it's got bad reputation. Media very often emitted programs when some "acknowledged" girl with voice changed comments "it's like a combo of MDMA and cocaine but it's better because you get blablabla". I myself don't need MDMA to be legal to use it but some drugs that are actually not really harmful compared to some hardcore brainwashers are stigmatized this way - and I don't like that.

It's like those "Spice" mixes got as popular as mephedrone and got banned by chemical names of those "JWH-..." and it would stigmatize marihuana... It would be totally wrong.

Yes, this is all speculation. I thought I made it clear. I know of no studies devoted to mephedrone's pharmacodynamics or pharmacokinetics. And I don't think we're going to see one as I don't think the world of science feels it's needed. The drug is now widely known as a drug of abuse being banned in more and more countries.

Anyway, like I wrote, people often compare to MDMA or cocaine or both even if they never did MDMA or cocaine because they had earlier read some descriptions of what MDMA feels like and what cocaine feels like. And I guess this is how they imagine those drugs are...

And to be honest it's not good for MDMA to be compared to mephedrone in any way. Mephedrone is now banned in my country and it's got bad reputation. Media very often emitted programs when some "acknowledged" girl with voice changed comments "it's like a combo of MDMA and cocaine but it's better because you get blablabla". I myself don't need MDMA to be legal to use it but some drugs that are actually not really harmful compared to some hardcore brainwashers are stigmatized this way - and I don't like that.

It's like those "Spice" mixes got as popular as mephedrone and got banned by chemical names of those "JWH-..." and it would stigmatize marihuana... It would be totally wrong.

i see what you mean- when people compare a drug to another and one has bad side effects, stupid people will generalise those effects to both drugs in the media- making pot and mdma seem worse than they are:\

Is 4 EMC the new E=MC2 analogue?
I ve heared that drug is so potent that it can transform you into pure energy.

Yeah, great joke... 4-EMC is what the title of the topic says.

off-topic? :

I have taken mdma, coke, and mephedrone on multiple, separate occasions (the latter just once). I found mephedrone to feel a lot like a combination of mdma and coke (or maybe mdma and ephedrine, but with more of a dopaminergic push....eeww....I dislike coke and ephedrine a lot).

ebola

^thread revival. I agree with you, ive found subjectively, that mephedrone is more adrenic than any amphetamine or MD analog ive tried so far. to me is feels like MDMA + something in between coke and amp except that moreishness. fuck the moreishness.

ive done my share of good coke and stims, and i have yet to come across something that makes me fiend like 4mmc does, even bomb coke. id pick 4mmc over them any day (which isnt somethim im proud to admit)

I wonder how many people here who have tried this compound actually got what they ordered... I only managed to find one vendor that has the legit stuff, but have yet to buy it.

My guess is most vendors will cut this stuff with 4-MEC and even 4-MMC... maybe butylone/ethylone/methylone. If i do order some I'll let you know how it feels... i can definitely distinguish 4-MEC as well as 4-MMC from most other cathinones, and i've done Butylone and Methylone enough to know if it's cut with that as well...

From what it sounds like, 4-EMC may be a better replacement, i never liked the stimulation from 4-MMC. If it lives up to the hype (For me) you can bet a stockpile will be in order.

If i'm not mistaken isn't nasal/snorting a poor ROA due to the molecules size?

please pardon my ignorance.. is this ubstance commonly known as "ethylone"?

In the interim, it has been found that mephedrone is a highly effective releaser of both dopamine and serotonin (NE release untested), with a very short duration of action. So much doesn't surprise.

is this ubstance commonly known as "ethylone"?

No.
Ethylone: bk-n-ethyl-mdma
mephedrone: 4-methyl-n-methyl-cathinone
4-mec: 4-methyl-n-ethyl-cathinone
the substance discussed in this thread: 4-ethyl-n-methyl-cathinone.

ebola

You're probably right in a basic sense, but this is all speculative; is anyone aware of studies detailing binding affinities and EC50s for mephedrone? AFAIK, there have yet been none.

ebola

I remember reading some dumbed down comment by some researcher saying that the way mephedrone affects the brain looks like 'a combination of meth and MDMA' or something like that. So, it's probably been studied.

I think it is quite nice, not too strong and push as 4-MMC but has a very similar feel, heart is not beating nearly as hard either but I may have dosed low. Seeing how tough it is to find any info on dosing this I will say that 150 mg was a good beginning for this and is not too overpowering. I am not one for getting overly geeked by this stuff but I would imagine if you increase the dose you can get that feeling, I just don't know how it is enjoyed by so many but different strokes or whatever you want to say about that.

Serotonin release is very evident, pupils are quite large and yawning is there. Vasoconstiction is noted as well but it is not much with this dose just a bit of cooling in the fingers. Body high is very nice, quite liking rubbing my legs against themselves. I don't think the 4-MMC lovers will be too disappointed with this. They have this or 4-MEC and I don't think there will be much better choices than either of them in the near future.

This did get me thinking about cathinone versions of the 2C's though. Would be able to bring Br back to the table but I am guessing there is probably something with synthesis difficulty making it hard for these to be made. Will go start a separate thread about this idea. If you can't tell this makes me want to ramble a bit more than usual...

Still stimulated but very much crashed, pretty hard crash too, thats why I never take this shit. Takes roughly an hour to get to the peak or so, stays there for 2.5 to 3 hours then at hour 5 crash has set in pretty hard.

Dose 150 mg

T + 15-30 minutes start of effects
T + 1 hour for start of peak
T + 3 hours peak has been or is beginning to wane
T + 5 crash sets in at worst
T + 6 hours basically baseline

IMO this stuff is comparable to methylone, or a 4-MMC high that's had all its edges filed down. It satisfies more than 4-MEC in every aspect, instantly brings a feeling of total pleasantness and just the right amount of stimulation without being too serotonergic nor dopaminergic, and it's light on the adrenals. It doesn't give me the feeling of being poisoned like so many other RCs do. I will never again take 4-MEC or any lame ass toxic-feeling cathinone ever again, but 4-EMC I could stand a jag with. Everyone's different though.

And you're absolutely certain that your 4-EMC was actually 4-EMC and not something like, say, 4-FMA?

I don't know who you're asking. Me? My 4-EMC was abso-fuckin-lutely 4-EMC, I trust my vendor and it smelled exactly like every other pure cathinone I've fucked with. I have no idea why you'd think it could have been 4-FMA, something which feels nothing like a cathinone and lasts what, three times as long?

My 4-EMC was abso-fuckin-lutely 4-EMC

In the current era of vendor practices, you do not know this, unless you've run lab-testing yourself. This is particularly true with new, largely untested compounds. For example, nearly nothing sold as "naphyrone" was actually naphyrone. Granted, 4fma might have been a bad guess about the compound's identity, but who knows what it is.

ebola

Yeah no duh, but thinking logically one would come to the conclusion that I had which was that the vendor was actually speaking the truth. The only likely alternative was that the substance was just impure 4-MMC, cut with something, perhaps 4-MEC and baby laxative. But it was crystalized and had that smell (cathinone smell). Other customers said the same thing about its effects, though their tastes obviously differed so maybe they thought it was either too mellow or too stimmy or whatever. If it was 4-oxo-MeO-dimethylphenoldiatribichexanolominesquared but still got you fucked up and happy then why wouldn't the vendor have just said so instead of a 4-EMC ruse?

Is every RC discourse on Bluelight going to be plagued by people chiming in to point out the obvious, which is inherent of unverified substances? I don't technically know if anyone here is saying anything true, or if anyone even exists outside my perception, yet I don't get bogged down in all these unprovable unfollowable possibilities. I didn't come here for a round table of philosophers.

Last edited: