Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(4-Fluoroamphetamine/150 mg) New experience: - So fresh, so clean

naginnudej

Bluelighter
Set/Setting: 4-FA is acquired from trusted source in hopes of finding a new study aid. 150mg measured out on +/-.001mg scale. Allergy test produced no undesirable results.

..and without further adieu:
+00:00 150mg dissolved in distilled water and ingested on empty stomach.

+00:35 Delightful nervousness and warmth building in chest. I’m light on my feet.

+0:45 Getting chatty at this point.

+1:00-4:00 I’m impressed—undeniable entactogenic qualities with smooth stimulation keeps me on my toes. Work is accomplished with gusto and fervor; mixing music with a friend is particularly enjoyable.

+4:15-7:45 Entactogenic qualities have subsided although there is lasting stimulation for the remainder of the experience. Physical discomfort was nearly non-existent. MDAI would supplement nicely at this point (later proven to be true). Unable to sleep for ~12 hours after ingestion.

Other notes: I have been told insufflating this substance will bring on much pain. Avoid at all costs.

Conclusion: The subtle empathogenic qualities in conjunction with the clean stimulation really tie together this long-lasting stimulant. Recommended only if your in it for the long haul. %)

Update 6/13/11
Because I have experimented with 4-FA quite a bit since my original post, it is necessary that I supply a few tidbits of learned information: while it is true that 150mg can be a pleasurable experience, one should not feel compelled to utilize such large quantities of material in search of the amphetamine 'rush.' Depending on one's tolerance, doses of 80-150mg are acceptable in this pursuit. While I have not experimented with 4-FA above 175mg, I have been told that 200mg+ doses have been attempted without any [immediately] alarming side effects. As always, tread with caution.

If you are in the market for a study aid or something similar, 15-35mg should suffice. My experimentation is mainly dictated by these sorts of experiences.

My preferred ROA is rectal: it provides a rapid onset while allowing the subject to avoid extreme nasal discomfort and the wretched taste. A significant portion of any uncomfortable peripheral stimulation following the peak of an experience is also diminished by this ROA--it should also be noted that such stimulation is relatively limited to begin with (assuming you take magnesium, b vitamins, and other pertinent supplements :p).

Update 2: 12/17/10 and 2/13/11
More experimentation has occurred--IV route of administration has been flushed out. Doses from 15-250mg have been attempted with success. The injection site burns considerably during administration. However the high is [thankfully] much shorter and cleaner. The rush is nothing to write home about even though there is definitely a short euphoric push felt immediately after injection. Tread with caution as always.

Last edited:
I sampled this one twice at 150mg maybe two and a half years ago now. The first time was great. Dancing felt good, music sounded (and felt) good, very sociable and relaxed while being quite stimulated. I also remember sweating a lot.

Second time (same 150mg) I went bowling, and it still felt great, very euphoric. Until I came down that is. The next morning I felt like I had the flu, and felt extreme nausea if I stood up. I spent the next day and night in bed, and the next morning woke up feeling just a little cloudy.

I only mention this because there were other reports at the time that others were getting the same response after repeated use. There was talk that the compound may, or may not be slow to metabolize completely, lending to an unpleasant cumulative effect.

I am not certain what conclusions were drawn. I know I threw mine away, and the compound has not seemed to catch on like others of its ilk. Your last sentence speaks most clearly for itself. No accident I'm sure.

Last edited:
thanks for the heads up

I've used it three times without incident although I'll keep this thread updated if anything noteworthy occurs.

Great report mate!

Its worth noting for HR reasons that (at least in my experience) 4-FA purity seems to vary greatly between batches recently

^ I'd note the rest of the 4-haloamphetamines (chloro/bromo/iodo) are neurotoxic to serotogenic neurons and used to cause cell death in the lab.

I'd play careful and keep the dosages low, and avoid other sertogenics.

Research has shown 4-fluoro not to share the same neurotoxicity of other 4-idio amphetamines. But you're right in that it seems that any concurrent massive dopaminergic and serotonergic release will be neurotoxic (a dopamine flood with some serotonergic release (eg, meth) worse than a serotonergic flood with some dopaminergic release (eg, MDMA) (Nichols et al.).
I envy you, in that on paper, this should be my ideal substance, but it's unlikely that I'll ever taste it.

ebola

How long was the overall duration for a baseline/moderate (not large) dose of IV 4-fluoroamphetamine?

It's pretty short (compared to other ROAs). 4.5-5, maybe 6 hours tops depending on tolerance. Sleep at the 6.5-7hr mark thereafter.

I envy you, in that on paper, this should be my ideal substance, but it's unlikely that I'll ever taste it.

ebola

Likewise!

2C-B used to be my holy grail, but after finally tasting that, I think 4-FA currently is.

heh, I don't mean to romantasize the substance everyone ;)

Speaking of which, it's necessary that I mention the only noteworthy side effect I have experienced to date: following two incidents of excessive dosing with minimal recovery time between shots, I noticed a slight increase in heart rate even after a full nights rest. Prior to sleep I practiced some deep breathing techniques and managed to lower my heart rate. Despite my efforts to the contrary, 4-FA gained the upper hand while I slept.

And while the side effect was [most likely] a consequence of too much material and too little time, much care and preparedness must be taken into consideration when redosing.

Nobody wants see any fellow bl'ers sitting around with an elevated heart rate and nothing to show for it. <3

:p

you mentioned that mdai is good in combo with it? could you plz elaborate on it?when would you add it and how much? thks.

Unfortunately I can't be too objective on that matter because the MDAI I had at the time was confirmed to be <50% pure.

In hopes of avoiding a hastened return to baseline because of MDAI's shorter duration, I dropped 300mg at +4:00 on one occasion (my second attempt with MDAI). Nothing decidedly overwhelming but it definitely added a grounding high to the cut-and-dry portion of the 4-FA experience. I never repeated the experiment because I discovered how dirty my product was and didn't have a well ventilated place to clean it with heptane. There's still some left in my treasure chest now that I think about it. That might be a fun afternoon project after new years. Thanks for reminding me :)

Hope that helps.