• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants 4-Fluoromethylphenidate (4F-MPH) Megathread

I have only had proper methylphenidate once in the form of Concerta. I didn't appreciate it in comparison to amphetamine. I have gone through many grams of 4fmph though. Primarily nasal but also oral. It is definitely both functional and fun, and I don't think it makes you as prone to psychosis as pyros or cathinones imo.

I enjoy it but like I said no comparison to regular MPH.

Reactions: CFC
I have only had proper methylphenidate once in the form of Concerta. I didn't appreciate it in comparison to amphetamine. I have gone through many grams of 4fmph though. Primarily nasal but also oral. It is definitely both functional and fun, and I don't think it makes you as prone to psychosis as pyros or cathinones imo.

I enjoy it but like I said no comparison to regular MPH.
No comparision in terms of better or worse?
I may get some Concerta if I finally get a ADHD diagnose (which seems very likely) but a guy I know that has tried both have told me that he prefers MPH to 4f-mph cause the latter feels too "cold" for him.
I do consider 4f-mph quite cold but it's super effective and good batches are quite euphoric when done nasally, with a micro-rush that it's very "empowering" so to speak.
So for myself, I don't know, 2-fma seems so bad, I dislike it more and more, at first, when I found a good batch it was quite good, but I wouldn't use it for studying, it just doens't click with me. Bad batches are poison. 2-FA only tried once and while perhaps is not as functional it feels so smooth and natural compared to 4f-mph, even good 4f batches..
I'm looking forward to try 3-FA but that's another story.

Last edited:
4F isn't much 'fun' but as others are saying, it's a pleasantly bland productivity tool, especially if you have ADHD.

It will partially substitute but 4F-MPH isn't nearly as recreational as plain methylphenidate.

Well in actuality it will full substitute for methylphenidate in terms of its effect as an ADHD medication, and in some regards, 4F-MPH is probably a better ADHD medication because of its longer duration and relative lack of euphoria. But in terms of enjoyableness it isn't a substitute. 4F-MPH has greater specificity for that dopamine transporter than MPH, which isn't a good thing in this case (at least in terms of recreational potential).

It's funny, the psychonaut page for 4F-MPH describes 4F-MPH describes it as, "significantly more euphoric and recreational" than methylphenidate, but whoever wrote that clearly has little experience with methylphenidate. It seems to be a reflection of the common misconception that drugs that are more specifically dopaminergic than related drugs are somehow more abusable, but this isn't the case. A well balanced NDRI is almost always more reinforcing than a more acutely dopaminergic one, and pure DRI's are even less fun.

Yeah it's odd how people still dopamine this and dopamine that when it's been clearly and repeatedly shown that if anything, its NE that seems to be behind the most enjoyable effects for most users.

Yeah it's odd how people still dopamine this and dopamine that when it's been clearly and repeatedly shown that if anything, its NE that seems to be behind the most enjoyable effects for most users.
well, I think that's not completely right, I think dopamine release is what feels euphoric while dopamine reuptake inhibiting feels focusing and functional
It's well known that a hard pyro like a-php have enormous binding affinities for DA and NE receptors but it's good at inhibiting the reuptake, then when you fuck up your own system dopamine and kinda depletes your backup then the NE flooding the system feels like shit, probably that's the reason why the rush is so extreme but then the euphoria fades and in 40 minutes you're screaming for a redose, because normally strong releasers last quite long in terms of euphoria compared to strong reuptake inhibitors with high binding affinities. NE reuptake feels euphoric only in little doses, then it feels anxyogenic, specially when the system is recalibrating, asking for more.
I'm no expert on this but I think it's not too stray as an hypothesis

Sleeping on dextroamphetamine tablets I find very relaxing. I wonder if methylphenidate is similar.

Dextroamphetamine tend to last 3-4 hours of a "rush" for me anyway. 5 MG. I'm sure it's dose and individual dependent. I'm guessing a 10 MG Ritalin is much stronger?

well, I think that's not completely right, I think dopamine release is what feels euphoric while dopamine reuptake inhibiting feels focusing and functional
It's well known that a hard pyro like a-php have enormous binding affinities for DA and NE receptors but it's good at inhibiting the reuptake, then when you fuck up your own system dopamine and kinda depletes your backup then the NE flooding the system feels like shit, probably that's the reason why the rush is so extreme but then the euphoria fades and in 40 minutes you're screaming for a redose, because normally strong releasers last quite long in terms of euphoria compared to strong reuptake inhibitors with high binding affinities. NE reuptake feels euphoric only in little doses, then it feels anxyogenic, specially when the system is recalibrating, asking for more.
I'm no expert on this but I think it's not too stray as an hypothesis

Dextroamphetamine tend to last 3-4 hours of a "rush" for me anyway. 5 MG. I'm sure it's dose and individual dependent. I'm guessing a 10 MG Ritalin is much stronger?
No idea, I've used 4f-mph and depending on the batch 15mg could be very potent but it is 3x stronger than regular MPH at least on dopamine values, while being not as strong, relatively, in adrenergic push. So maybe ritalin would be 40mg for the same effect? not sure, probably ritalin is always more pure and pharmacologically well done, so we cannot compare completely, at least I cannot since I never tried ritalin (yet).
Yep, dextro is a releaser, and normally releasers have long rushes as the feeling of "rush" is the release of dopamine, while reuptake inhibitors tend to have a more stable feeling but shorter rush.

I read on some prescribing info. online that if one is agitated one can take a dose of Ritalin prior to bedtime. I wish I could find that link again lol.

Sleeping on Dex is easy on Methylphenidate I would have to wait for it to be over. Therapeutical doses!

So Ritalin is a reuptake inhibitor?

No idea, I've used 4f-mph and depending on the batch 15mg could be very potent but it is 3x stronger than regular MPH at least on dopamine values, while being not as strong, relatively, in adrenergic push. So maybe ritalin would be 40mg for the same effect? not sure, probably ritalin is always more pure and pharmacologically well done, so we cannot compare completely, at least I cannot since I never tried ritalin (yet).
Yep, dextro is a releaser, and normally releasers have long rushes as the feeling of "rush" is the release of dopamine, while reuptake inhibitors tend to have a more stable feeling but shorter rush.

I read on some prescribing info. online that if one is agitated one can take a dose of Ritalin prior to bedtime. I wish I could find that link again lol.
Not me sleep was only possible after the rebound subsided. Maybe 5/ 6 hours after the last dose.

Ritalin, good for regulating sleep?

Would this also apply for dextro-Amphetamine?

My sleep architecture has been measured after my GP/ house dr. took me of my ADHD med's.
During a 24 hour EEG to measure for epileptic activity. I seem to have to little deep sleep which should cause problems of not felling well rested while awakened. A true sleeping disorder.

So could this be caused simply by the stopping of my ADHD meds? Btw my dr knows nothing about ADHD meds and won't prescribe them, he only discontinued them. My neurologist saw no problem's in continuing them at therapeutic dosages.

I always slept well on dextroamphetamine.

Was your doc a psychiatrist?

Would this also apply for dextro-Amphetamine?

My sleep architecture has been measured after my GP/ house dr. took me of my ADHD med's.
During a 24 hour EEG to measure for epileptic activity. I seem to have to little deep sleep which should cause problems of not felling well rested while awakened. A true sleeping disorder.

So could this be caused simply by the stopping of my ADHD meds? Btw my dr knows nothing about ADHD meds and won't prescribe them, he only discontinued them. My neurologist saw no problem's in continuing them at therapeutic dosages.

I always slept well on dextroamphetamine.

Was your doc a psychiatrist?
Me too. The neurologist that treats the epilepsy saw no problem in continuing it.

It was my normal dr. that took me of em, his explanation was i didn't need them. And due to the aftermath of my first epileptic attack I was to tired to argue with him.

I'm confused as to how you were prescribed an amphetamine while also being epileptic? Do you take anything for epilepsy or did you start having epilepsy while on dextroamphetamine?

Me too. The neurologist that treats the epilepsy saw no problem in continuing it.

It was my normal dr. that took me of em, his explanation was i didn't need them. And due to the aftermath of my first epileptic attack I was to tired to argue with him.