• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants 4-Fluoromethylphenidate (4F-MPH) Megathread

I'm confused as to how you were prescribed an amphetamine while also being epileptic? Do you take anything for epilepsy or did you start having epilepsy while on dextroamphetamine?
Dextro-Amphetamine i had been taking for years a gap here and there due to dr' s or insurances.

Epilepsy is something that happened the last few years, 3 tonic-clonic seizures within 2 years. the first accompanied by an Ictal Psychose.

No comparision in terms of better or worse?
I may get some Concerta if I finally get a ADHD diagnose (which seems very likely) but a guy I know that has tried both have told me that he prefers MPH to 4f-mph cause the latter feels too "cold" for him.
I do consider 4f-mph quite cold but it's super effective and good batches are quite euphoric when done nasally, with a micro-rush that it's very "empowering" so to speak.
So for myself, I don't know, 2-fma seems so bad, I dislike it more and more, at first, when I found a good batch it was quite good, but I wouldn't use it for studying, it just doens't click with me. Bad batches are poison. 2-FA only tried once and while perhaps is not as functional it feels so smooth and natural compared to 4f-mph, even good 4f batches..
I'm looking forward to try 3-FA but that's another story.
I definitely prefer 4fmph to mph or 2fma. Just feels more euphoric, and when you have excess amounts of the shit you can just easily get pumped up. 2fma was a little too mild and bland for me. I'd rather just take straight dextroamphetamine, which I'm scripted anyway.

That said, I only have one experience with mph, and never had a large amount of the stuff so my comparison should be taken with that grain of (preferably hydrochloride) salt.

Compiled information and threads for a 4fmph megathread and added to directory

Reactions: H3N
So Ritalin is a reuptake inhibitor?

Methylphenidate (Ritalin) is an Inverse Agonist / just like Cocaine (triple reuptake inhibitor) SERT/DAT/NET

Ritalin IS a dopaminergic stimulant, a dopamine reuptake inhibitor, but very different from something like Bupropion (Wellbutrin) which is also a dopamine reuptake inhibitor

Ritalin released dopamine in a manner strikingly similar to Cocaine. Both are inverse agonists on par with the amphetamines, etc

Genuine Ritalin is amazingly nice…..far better than Vyvanse (d-amph)

4F-MPH although 3.33X more potent than MPH at inhibiting DAT can’t even touch MPH in pleasurable euphoria. All those Methylphenidate analogs are garbage in terms of euphoric potential

Cocaine
Methylphenidate
Phenmetrazine
Amphetamine
D-Amphetamine
Methamphetamine

….the only TRUE euphoria inducing dopaminergic psychostimulants

Last edited:
My Ritalin is prescribed. I'm not sure if it's just me but 10 MG feels stronger than I expected, although my initial dose felt like nothing, my 2nd dose for the day (12 hours apart), felt anxiogenic. So I tapered it to just 1 dose a day, only certain days make it feel anxiogenic, not sure if the iced green tea drink give it a kick or what. I've read that people get prescribed dex mph (Focalin) along with Guanfacine for adhd, the latter supposedly to block the norepinephrine release of the stimulant? I never felt anxious on any of the amphetamines I've tried (Vyvanse, dextroamphetamine/Dexedrine, Adderall), but Adderall gave physical symptoms. I'm assuming a true amphetamine aka 50/50 levo/dextro ala Evekeo would probably cause anxiogenic on me. I've never tried it. So is Methylphenidate actually pure levotory methylphenidate whereas Focalin is the dextrotory methylphenidate? I find Ritalin interesting even at 10 MG instant release tablets, very strong but certain days it is anxiogenic after 3 to 4 hours.

I do have Guanfacine on hand but I haven't used it yet for its purported "synergistic effect" when used with a stimulant. I also do have Hydroxyzine on hand for anxiety. If you guys were to block the anxiogenic effects of Ritalin, which one of these 2 would you suggest?

Also, does one take Ritalin and Guanfacine at the same time or should I wait 3-4 hours after taking Ritalin and then take Guanfacine? I really want to block the anxiogenic effects of Ritalin that I notice kicks in 3-4 hours after initial dosing.

Last edited:
My Ritalin is prescribed. I'm not sure if it's just me but 10 MG feels stronger than I expected, although my initial dose felt like nothing, my 2nd dose for the day (12 hours apart), felt anxiogenic. So I tapered it to just 1 dose a day, only certain days make it feel anxiogenic, not sure if the iced green tea drink give it a kick or what. I've read that people get prescribed dex mph (Focalin) along with Guanfacine for adhd, the latter supposedly to block the norepinephrine release of the stimulant? I never felt anxious on any of the amphetamines I've tried (Vyvanse, dextroamphetamine/Dexedrine, Adderall), but Adderall gave physical symptoms. I'm assuming a true amphetamine aka 50/50 levo/dextro ala Evekeo would probably cause anxiogenic on me. I've never tried it. So is Methylphenidate actually pure levotory methylphenidate whereas Focalin is the dextrotory methylphenidate? I find Ritalin interesting even at 10 MG instant release tablets, very strong but certain days it is anxiogenic after 3 to 4 hours.

I do have Guanfacine on hand but I haven't used it yet for its purported "synergistic effect" when used with a stimulant. I also do have Hydroxyzine on hand for anxiety. If you guys were to block the anxiogenic effects of Ritalin, which one of these 2 would you suggest?
I believe methylphenidate is a racemic mixture, D + L similar to Adderall. Whereas Focalin is just D.

Hydroxyzine is alright for helping with some stimulant anxiety but not great. I would think maybe theanine would work better. Or maybe an anti-inflammatory like ginger, curcumin turmeric, or black seed oil.

So it's 50/50 since it's racemic? Evekeo must feel like methylphenidate then lol? I could feel my heart pounding out of my chest and pulses in my head simultaneously pounding as well on one occasion. It's euphoric with anxiogenic effects. Then I'm completely exhausted after the rush.

I believe methylphenidate is a racemic mixture, D + L similar to Adderall. Whereas Focalin is just D.

Hydroxyzine is alright for helping with some stimulant anxiety but not great. I would think maybe theanine would work better. Or maybe an anti-inflammatory like ginger, curcumin turmeric, or black seed oil.

Methylphenidate (Ritalin) is an Inverse Agonist / just like Cocaine (triple reuptake inhibitor) SERT/DAT/NET

Ritalin IS a dopaminergic stimulant, a dopamine reuptake inhibitor, but very different from something like Bupropion (Wellbutrin) which is also a dopamine reuptake inhibitor

Ritalin released dopamine in a manner strikingly similar to Cocaine. Both are inverse agonists on par with the amphetamines, etc

Genuine Ritalin is amazingly nice…..far better than Vyvanse (d-amph)

4F-MPH although 3.33X more potent than MPH at inhibiting DAT can’t even touch MPH in pleasurable euphoria. All those Methylphenidate analogs are garbage in terms of euphoric potential

Cocaine
Methylphenidate
Phenmetrazine
Amphetamine
D-Amphetamine
Methamphetamine

….the only TRUE euphoria inducing dopaminergic psychostimulants

MDPV definitely makes that list in my opinion. It is a good drug and somewhat manageable with practice. Emphasis on somewhat.

So it's 50/50 since it's racemic? Evekeo must feel like methylphenidate then lol? I could feel my heart pounding out of my chest and pulses in my head simultaneously pounding as well on one occasion. It's euphoric with anxiogenic effects. Then I'm completely exhausted after the rush.
I am having difficulty finding a specific statistic laying out it's racemic makeup. For comparison, Adderall is roughly 75% d-isomer. The d-threo isomer is similarly the more effective isomer of methylphenidate so I would assume it might be more, but I can't say for sure.

I am not sure what Evekeo is.

Have you looked at guanfacine's profile as an anti adrenergic drug plus lowers blood pressure?

I've tried theanine before but I think for something immediate as an anxiety or panic mode, pharmaceutical grade medication might be what I'm looking into.

Does anyone here ever get side effects on speed especially Ritalin during hot weather months? Or is it just me? It's not every day but one day I felt like my pulse was throbbing in my head. It was anxiogenic.

I have only had proper methylphenidate once in the form of Concerta. I didn't appreciate it in comparison to amphetamine. I have gone through many grams of 4fmph though. Primarily nasal but also oral. It is definitely both functional and fun, and I don't think it makes you as prone to psychosis as pyros or cathinones imo.

I enjoy it but like I said no comparison to regular
Yeah it's odd how people still dopamine this and dopamine that when it's been clearly and repeatedly shown that if anything, its NE that seems to be behind the most enjoyable effects for most users.
I think it’s honestly so dependent on a persons brain chemistry because MDMA primarily overdoses you with serotonin, and I loved MDMA back in the day mid 90s -2000-when it was actually good. I mean that was euphoria, but then again later in my life, I started doing dope, and I’m almost that releases dopamine, so who’s to say. One thing about the serotonin type of drugs is boy. Do you feel like shit for a couple of fucking bitch man I mean it was basically I felt amazing for three days and the rest of the week I wanted to kill myself. Now I’m on fucking SSRI meds. I do believe that not that many drugs actually release or yeah release serotonin it’s more dopamine or norepinephrine gabba . I think I did so much MDMA back in the day that potentially it just stopped working now I don’t know if it just got shitty. This was around 2000 2001 but you know how to take I hate never just do nothing. Now I’m on fucking SSRI meds for the rest of my life because I used to do that shit so much mid to late 90s ecstasy. It was amazing it was like undescribable and you were the king of kings. Everything that came out of your mouth was golden, every neurotic feeling every hangup insecurity melted away along with my brain cells in my serotonin Neuro transmitters and all that shit . No maybe ecstasy just got shitty because then Molly came out and all that was back then was fucking probably Crystal meth and a capsule. That’s what I thought. But it seems to come back in fashion lately, so I’m guessing it has to be good or they
I have only had proper methylphenidate once in the form of Concerta. I didn't appreciate it in comparison to amphetamine. I have gone through many grams of 4fmph though. Primarily nasal but also oral. It is definitely both functional and fun, and I don't think it makes you as prone to psychosis as pyros or cathinones imo.

I enjoy it but like I said no comparison to regular MPH.
hey dude, I’m sorry to bug you but I’m a little curious about this one. I am kind of new to this fucking RC shit and I guess I’m Dating myself buy I’m 38 and you know you gotta be a fucking chemist this day and age man to keep up with this. Talk about better living through chemistry. Anyways, I have 10 g coming and you know sniffing it just seems like kinda painful in the sense that it’s probably just like sniffing MDMA which I never did back in the day maybe I did it once, but it was so unpleasant that it just kind of fucked up the rest of it for me. I know girls that used to stick it up their ass- couple of times I did it for them-“Boofing” they would call it- would I do that reluctantly perhaps -if it actually worked, and I didn’t have to go to the doctor after and explain. But from what you’ve gathered, what is the best method of taking 4F. Should I just maybe put it in a drink not an alcoholic and do it that way. Does it really differ so much relative to the route in which you administer. I mean I assume it would I mean if you inject cocaine it’s like nothing else on this fucking earth, head ringing, amazing, but shorter lived then if you sniff it. Do you know of anybody that done 4F via IV or IM? I would be a little nervous to do it both ways one way the first could lead to a heart attack. And the second way would probably give me a abscess somehow- I have horrible luck with that shit. Sorry I’m rambling- never used this website -Well I’ve used it for a long time but I never joined because I used to know what I was getting or thought I knew what I was getting most of the time. Oh, one last thing I’m sorry why is everybody using tinfoil? Why don’t they just put this in one of those meth pipes that they sell in every fucking store in states. looks like a crack pipe with a rounded bowl with a tiny hole on top, so you can put in the shards and Vape it from underneath. If you’re from the states, you’re probably saying why is this asshole explaining this to me-but when I’ve spoke to people from Europe, especially Great Britain they didn’t know what I was talking about . sorry I’m rambling I have issues.-ADHD and MDD because I did too much MDMA back in the day- mid90s 2000- when it was actually really good, then it was shit started calling him Molly, which was just fucking capsules filled with crystal shards. I’ll hang up and listen to your answer.

@SuckRoadisDead Hey man, nah you're good on the ramble. Lol just next time when you post make sure to put what you're saying outside of the box that you're replying to, otherwise it jumbles up the post.

In regards to ROA, I primarily just snorted it. It's not that bad and does have some cocaine-esque effects, although much longer lived and not as pro-social and fuzzy happy. Sounds bad but I actually can't remember if I ever IVed this one. I don't think I did. But I have vaped it before via the hot rail method. I still have the little straight pipe/oil pen thing with a bunch of resin in it that I'll hit occasionally from time to time, although that's rather janky of me. It doesn't vape super well honestly, not like the cathinones like apvp, aphip, etc ..

Honestly best bet is to just go with oral. Weigh out 10mg, down the hatch, if you want to mix it with a liquid to dose it that's fine. I actually have made solutions of it with propylene glycol and dosed it like that. Certainly the least painful way to do it, with the most well rounded and long lasting effects. So yeah, oral or maybe nasal is definitely the best way to go, I wouldn't go down the road of IVing it because then it'll probably be similar to cocaine in that you'll get very attached to it, if you're anything like me. Which could definitely lead to some problems.

Reactions: CFC
@SuckRoadisDead Hey man, nah you're good on the ramble. Lol just next time when you post make sure to put what you're saying outside of the box that you're replying to, otherwise it jumbles up the post.

In regards to ROA, I primarily just snorted it. It's not that bad and does have some cocaine-esque effects, although much longer lived and not as pro-social and fuzzy happy. Sounds bad but I actually can't remember if I ever IVed this one. I don't think I did. But I have vaped it before via the hot rail method. I still have the little straight pipe/oil pen thing with a bunch of resin in it that I'll hit occasionally from time to time, although that's rather janky of me. It doesn't vape super well honestly, not like the cathinones like apvp, aphip, etc ..

Honestly best bet is to just go with oral. Weigh out 10mg, down the hatch, if you want to mix it with a liquid to dose it that's fine. I actually have made solutions of it with propylene glycol and dosed it like that. Certainly the least painful way to do it, with the most well rounded and long lasting effects. So yeah, oral or maybe nasal is definitely the best way to go, I wouldn't go down the road of IVing it because then it'll probably be similar to cocaine in that you'll get very attached to it, if you're anything like me. Which could definitely lead to some problems.
Thanks much brother for the useful and infirmities info. Perhaps I’ll give you an update and tell you how it went. Thanks for letting me know how to write a poster reply rather I’m kinda new with this, so you know some people wouldn’t like that and would give me more shit for that so I appreciate it.🍄🕉️♾️

Would this also apply for dextro-Amphetamine?

My sleep architecture has been measured after my GP/ house dr. took me of my ADHD med's.
During a 24 hour EEG to measure for epileptic activity. I seem to have to little deep sleep which should cause problems of not felling well rested while awakened. A true sleeping disorder.

So could this be caused simply by the stopping of my ADHD meds? Btw my dr knows nothing about ADHD meds and won't prescribe them, he only discontinued them. My neurologist saw no problem's in continuing them at therapeutic dosages.
I’m glad to hear that you finally got the meds you need man really .
Fuck these doctors sometimes man they don’t understand that adult ADHD is perhaps the most under diagnosed condition of all of them. I was a school psychologist for a while and kids-Yes they’re over diagnosed because they want Johnny to shut up in class, but in adults it causes a lot of problems. The fact that a person can’t focus causes procrastinating, which leads to bills piling up, poor work performance especially things that take a long time to do kind of things that need to be matched out in your brain first, and I can cause unemployment- that causes depression; sometimes major depression, . On top of that a lot of people with ADHD that are adults have issues with taking criticism, talking over other people, focusing on anything that is an interesting to them, and writing- they have the idea in their head, but they can’t put it on paper, which is important for many jobs. It’s basically called poor mental mapping abilities . Also people tend to have horrible short-term memory like for example someone tell you their name and you’ll forget it right away because you have so much going on at once. A lot of people with ADHD may have kind of borderline personality traits-my full blown borderline personality, but can have of like attachment issues and issues with abandonment, that most likely stem from early childhood. And there is no pill for personality disorders. You just have to go to therapy and that’s not even take it very seriously. Typically call dialectic Therapy. The reason he probably have abandonment issues that stem from your parents because people with similar problems tend to pair up. I know most of my relationships over crazy bitches that have fucking abandonment issues. I just got out of a relationship with one. These problems with relationships with other people especially the opposite sex can be a lot of the reason we tend to use drugs because it gets rid of the bullshit. I know it’s why I did most of the time. I definitely was self-medicating myself before they diagnosed me with ADHD-Absolutely!!
Psychiatrist will throw a y and all SSRI and SSNI meds at you, but when it’s a controlled substance, they give you the hardest time and treat you like a fucking junkie-even though it’s probably just as hard to come off of an SSRI, as it is an amphetamine, maybe harder. I digress, but yeah, that shit sucks man.

4F-MPH is amazing. I take 10-25mg either pray or nasally depending how early I'm up. Usually raw powder. I WORK in mental health/disability so I feel you.

Start at 5mg then work your way up to a comfortable level.

Also modafinil is a safer alternative.
They may be true, but I have 200 200mg Modanflin and I haven’t taken more than two they just don’t give me any type of euphoria it’s maybe like having a cuppa coffee man so anybody want 200 of em- five bucks. Lol

I got a sample of this compound and from what I’ve gathered this doesn’t seem to be the most popular stim. Supposedly it’s more effective at inhibiting dopamine and norepinephrine, but isnt as euphoric as it’s parent compound. I used to love plugging methylphenidate as it provided a pleasant rush. I haven’t found much info on this being plugged. Does anyone have any experience with that route or is insufflation and oral the only practical methods to use?

I got a sample of this compound and from what I’ve gathered this doesn’t seem to be the most popular stim. Supposedly it’s more effective at inhibiting dopamine and norepinephrine, but isnt as euphoric as it’s parent compound. I used to love plugging methylphenidate as it provided a pleasant rush. I haven’t found much info on this being plugged. Does anyone have any experience with that route or is insufflation and oral the only practical methods to use?
It's barely euphoric, even in high doses (it becomes manic, jittery, but not euphoric at all) but it does its job, to be honest,
at least for me, adhd'er makes me more focused on boring tasks

no idea about being plugged, but I like oral better than snorted (which is pretty fiendish). Most batches are not rushy (some are.. but very difficult to find nowadays) so I guess a plugged ROA won't have too many benefits. I find oral more "complete" as an experience.

I’m glad to hear that you finally got the meds you need man really .
Fuck these doctors sometimes man they don’t understand that adult ADHD is perhaps the most under diagnosed condition of all of them. I was a school psychologist for a while and kids-Yes they’re over diagnosed because they want Johnny to shut up in class, but in adults it causes a lot of problems. The fact that a person can’t focus causes procrastinating, which leads to bills piling up, poor work performance especially things that take a long time to do kind of things that need to be matched out in your brain first, and I can cause unemployment- that causes depression; sometimes major depression, . On top of that a lot of people with ADHD that are adults have issues with taking criticism, talking over other people, focusing on anything that is an interesting to them, and writing- they have the idea in their head, but they can’t put it on paper, which is important for many jobs. It’s basically called poor mental mapping abilities . Also people tend to have horrible short-term memory like for example someone tell you their name and you’ll forget it right away because you have so much going on at once. A lot of people with ADHD may have kind of borderline personality traits-my full blown borderline personality, but can have of like attachment issues and issues with abandonment, that most likely stem from early childhood. And there is no pill for personality disorders. You just have to go to therapy and that’s not even take it very seriously. Typically call dialectic Therapy. The reason he probably have abandonment issues that stem from your parents because people with similar problems tend to pair up. I know most of my relationships over crazy bitches that have fucking abandonment issues. I just got out of a relationship with one. These problems with relationships with other people especially the opposite sex can be a lot of the reason we tend to use drugs because it gets rid of the bullshit. I know it’s why I did most of the time. I definitely was self-medicating myself before they diagnosed me with ADHD-Absolutely!!
Psychiatrist will throw a y and all SSRI and SSNI meds at you, but when it’s a controlled substance, they give you the hardest time and treat you like a fucking junkie-even though it’s probably just as hard to come off of an SSRI, as it is an amphetamine, maybe harder. I digress, but yeah, that shit sucks man.
you're very right, IMO