View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

5-MeO-AMT Effects and Ratings Survey Results

illuminati boy

Bluelighter
Attached should be a zipped file with 5 files in it that contain the data on 5-MeO-AMT gathered from the recent survey project on largely unresearched compounds.

General information about the survey project on largely unresearched compounds.

This project consisted of posting 28 surveys for about 60 days at 6 different internet discussion boards. 25 of the surveys received at least one response in that time. There were a total of 701 responses to all of the surveys with 5-MeO-DPT receiving the fewest responses (2) and 2C-I receiving the most (123). 11 surveys received 25 or more responses and probably give a somewhat reliable overview of the compounds in question.
There are 3 different types of surveys. The Phenethylamines, the Tryptamines, and the DOB-DFLY survey. The phenethylamine and tryptamine surveys are almost identically with 2 exceptions; the tryptamine surveys have an additional item labeled x01 and a freeform response at the end. The DOB-DFLY survey has numerous additional sections etc. due to it being a later addition. Despite these differences, each subsection should allow for apples to apples comparisons. The only real difference in the data might be a slightly higher skip rate on section 5 with regard to the phenethylamines, though looking at the actual data the difference appears to be minimal if any.

What was looked at across all surveys was 1. What people thought of the compound overall, 2. What people thought about the general pleasurableness of the compound, 3. What people thought about the general stimulant/sedative tendencies of the compound, 4. What people reported in the way of ‘primary effects,’ 5. What people reported in the way of ‘side effects,’ and 6. The number of times people reported taking a given compound.

For items 1, 2, & 3 a ‘score’ can be worked out.

For the overall rating one can either calculate the % of persons that consider the compound ‘worthwhile’ by adding the number of persons reporting ‘B,’ ‘A,’ and ‘A+’ and dividing by the total number of persons answering that item; or one can calculate an ‘average rating’ by giving a score of 6 to every ‘A+,’ 5 to every ‘A,’ 4 to every ‘B,’ 3 to every ‘C,’ 2 to every ‘D,’ 1 to every ‘E,’ and 0 to every ‘F’ (the results then divided by the number of total respondents).

For the overall pleasure direction one simply assigns a weighted score to the responses according to the value to the left (i.e. +3, +2, +1, 0, -1, -2, -3) and divides by the total number of responses. A net positive score indicates a compound that is reportedly more positive and a net negative score indicates a compound that is reportedly more negative. A score close to or at 0 indicates a compound that is not very particularly prone one way or another with regard to pleasurable experiences (it could have no discernable ‘push’ or it could be equally prone toward pleasurable or disconcerting experiences).

The overall energy direction is calculated much the same as the overall pleasure direction, with the difference being that the results will show the overall tendency of the compound toward stimulation or sedation. If the net score is positive it indicates a trend toward stimulation, if the net score is negative it indicates a trend toward sedation. If the score is close to or at 0 it indicates that a compound is not particularly prone toward one direction or the other (this could mean neither stimulation nor sedation or it could indicate that people are more or less equally prone to the experience of either).

Compound specific discussion.

5-MeO-AMT is a compound that appears to have a heavy body-load component. There are known deaths associated with its use, and judging from just the responses to this survey it appears that it has the real potential to induce powerful GI tract disturbances, seizures, black outs, and otherwise rough experiences. That being said, some persons still reported that they considered this to be a worthwhile compound.

Looking at the data here, only 33.3% of respondents considered the material ‘worthwhile.’ The average score was 2.88 or midway between a score of ‘D’ and ‘C.’ Fully 25% or respondents gave this compound a score ‘E.’ While one individual did assign a rating of ‘A+’ to this compound, the overall trend is pretty clearly negative.

The overall average pleasure score is +0.09 or almost exactly ‘Neutral.’ The range of reported scores was distributed across the -2 to +3 range.

The respondents generally reported that this is a noticeably stimulating compound with a stimulation score of +1.41 or in between ‘Slightly Stimulating’ and ‘Moderately Stimulating,’ though some respondents did find the compound to be Neutral or Sedating.

The most commonly reported side-effect for this compound was headache, with 81.8% of respondents reporting it. There were several other side-effects that were very frequently reported with this compound as well: Nausea/Upset Stomach (77.3%), Vomiting (68.2%), and General Physical Discomfort (59.1%). 9.1% of respondents checked the ‘No appreciable side effects what so ever’ item.

Unlike most other compounds surveyed, the most frequently reported number of uses was 5-10 times (36.4%), though the number who reported 2-5 uses was similar (31.8%). Reported usage ranged from 1-50 times.

There were the following freeform items (pay attention to the frequent mentions of the words ‘vomit,’ seizure,’ and ‘fainting’ and similar such descriptions):

“Second time i did it, i was on a balcony at a nearby dorm with 5 people. I fainted, and slid down the wall behind me. my friends say my eyes were as wide as they had ever seen. and i regained consciousness just as soon as i had fainted and all of a sudden i was drenched in sweat. they got me some water and i was fine. this happened about 3/4 into my trip. i took about 6 mg diluted in alcohol.”

“Visuals so intense that what I saw was a completly different world. A friend took too much over a 2 day period(tripped straight through)had a seizure.”

“On two occasions I attempted to fall asleep while still experiencing strong CEVs and experienced what I can best describe as an electrical discharge in my upper back and head. I assume that these were seizures, but it's really hard to make the judgement from that perspective. With very low doses(~100ug) the side effects were the most prevalent. Nausea was the only side effect at higher doses(~8mg).”

“Although at 1st, durring the 1st hour or so, there is an LSA like glassyness, that soon became replaced by a shocky nervousness. There were only some minor trails visually. There was some macroscopia(things looking biger), but there was some dizzyness along with that phase of it. It is more of a stimulant than a hallucinogen. Oh, there was an intence expectorant effect. I would hack up phlegum for most of the 10 to 14 hours of the effects of this one. It was the most horrable of the RCs that I have done. I was very unpleasant stuff.”

“All 3 times that SWIM triedd this compund, nothing happened, even when he dosed at 11mgs (twice the recommended. The only noticable effect was not being able to get to sleep, even though he didnt feel any sort of stimulation”

“Projectile vomiting is a real thing. Never again.”

“After a period of heavy use, I had visual changes that lasted six months. I felt a little impaired mentally for a few months also. I did have one brief +4 experience on 5-meo-amt.”

“just feelings very reborn and coming to an ultimate understanding of reality and people.i felt like i had a conversation with God(in my head hahahahaha!not ku-ku)”

“Veeeeeerrrrrrryyyyyyy long. Trip lasts 24 hours, normally, before you can sleep. If you're lucky, you can sleep at T+18 hours. HEAVY bodyload. NAUSEA/VOMITING at the outset of the trip. Coming up is hardly ever pleasent. STILL PICTURES MOVE! Great for the movies. Weed is a must with this one.”

“5-meo-amt sucks compared to most other tryptamines. I havent tried AMT but surely that is much better. 5-meo-amt just made me so nauseous and vomit a few good times. Other rcs have made me puke a bit but after that I am fine. with 5-meo-amt you just feel like you are going to puke a good duration of the trip. other than that the trip is decent but the nausea is such a big factor. if there would have been a c- thats what I would have rated it. I probably will not do it again but there is no telling. maybe the smoking route is better. I would recommend this chemical to a true psychonaut who wants to experience every tryptamine but I would not recommend this drug to any normal friend looking to trip. there are much better chemicals out there and this one just isnt too magical. very potent just doesnt have the magic of some other tryptamine. a bit like acid but with a horrible body load. definitely a c minus border line D.”

“I made the mistake of rinsing out an empty vial of what was left of 1 gram of this substance and ingested it. While usually on this substance I am totally in control, this was a case of an overdose. For about 4 or 5 hours I questioned whether I would return to sanity or not. My mind would not sit still, and I found it impossible to focus on any one thought. I spent most of those hours curled up on the floor, trying to remind myself that I would come down. It was one of the most negative drug experiences I've ever had.”

I B

Attachments

• 5-MeO-AMT Results 4.8.06.zip
    24.6 KB · Views: 183