• Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

5-MeO-DPT (11.5mg) - Inexperienced - Hard to Understand Compound

cegli

Bluelighter
5-MeO-DPT

Dose: 11.5mg (Degraded?)
Type: Oral

Setting and Background:

I was out for a long hike and swim with a couple friends and my girlfriend and decided it would be a great chance to give 5-MeO-DPT a go again. I've tried it before at 6mg with threshold effects (see previous trip report). I’d had it in solution for about 2.5 weeks at room temperature due to the fact that I was on vacation. I don't know if that effected the dose at all, but think it did minimally if at all.

Set: I’m in a great mood, it’s a beautiful day, and I have no worries. It’s been a week since I tried the 6mg trial, which seemed like threshold.

T+0:00 - I downed the horrible tasting solution right as we started on the hike and off we went. I hadn’t eaten in a while, so I don’t think that affected it much.

T+0:20 – Maybe the slightest of effects. It’s kind of hard to focus on things, but that may be placebo.

T+0:45 – I’m noticing it start to come on with a couple slight stomach twinges. Not really nausea, but close to it. We had been hiking a loop for a while, and we all sat down to eat some sandwiches a take a break.

T+1:15 – We stand up and now I really notice it. I’m probably at a ++, but it’s hard to say why. My balance seems really off and my body feels kind of far away, but not in a typical disassociative way. Hard to describe. The forest is really overwhelming and my vision is hard to interpret. Nothing has changed, but it’s almost as if my mind doesn’t want to use the imagery and is protesting. I walk with my eyes closed for a while because it’s uncomfortable to keep them open. Nothing has actually changed in my vision though (no visuals).

T+2:00 – There’s not much more to say about this experience really. I feel slightly trippy but not much more than the 6mg dose. There’s no real muscle tension either like people have described. I am running into a weird kind of awkward feeling disassociation and it is not great for hiking. I feel it would be better suited for relaxing indoors.

T+4:00 – My friend has driven me to another hiking area and we hike for a while and find an awesome swimming spot with a 15 foot jump off a rock into the water. This would have normally been fine to do, but once I got up there and sat there for a while I got kind of scared and also felt off balance and decided against it.

It's starting to die down a bit by this point and I'm having a great time in the stream around it damming up certain parts with rocks to make pools and just goofing around in the water. Probably at a +.

T+5:00 – It’s pretty much over and we go for a hike. I have no after effects but I can’t really say that I understand this compound any more than I did on my 6mg trial.

Conclusion: Did this compound degrade during the 2.5 weeks in solution? The other 5-MeO’s have been okay for that long, but I guess it’s a possibility. One thing is for sure, this compound is weeeird. I have no more with me on this vacation, but once I get back home I plan to try a new trial and see if I can figure this out anymore. I’ll keep every one updated!

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_5meodpt
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_inexperienced
exptype_neutral
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
cool report! I probably would have done the jump, just make myself do it! That would have been intense probably! :D

looking forward to more reports, you're very concise/clear in the effects. A welcome addition to our collective knowledge.

peace!

Haha, yeah, I know I should have jumped it. I just freaked myself out, tripping and sitting there for so long. Then when I went to do it, I felt really off balance when I stood up (a big effect of this compound?).

Thanks for the positive comments! I usually write a report of every trip I have, and I'm starting to go out into the more rare substances without any reports on them, so I'll make sure to post all those reports.

It'll be a little while until I get to try my next 5-MeO-DPT trial, probably about 3 weeks. I'll be sure to do another write up though.

hardest thing to understand is why people are still putting these garbage 5-methoxylated tryptamines in their bodies.

Because I'm interested in what they do, even if it's not an amazing substance. Curiosity and an interest in filling in the gaps of the unknown tryptamines.

Plus I really really enjoy 5-MeO-MiPT, so there's some hope for them in my opinion.

Yeah, 5-MeO-MiPT is great... and 5-MeO-DMT. It's a matter of perspective and everyone is affected differently.

5-methoxy's are definitely worthy of taking, imo...there are very few generalizations that can cover us all hamilton :)

never had 5-methoxy-mipt, but 5-meo-dmt felt like horrible poison physically.

I'm surprised that wasn't a (near) universal feeling. Erowid tells me it isn't.

oh well.

out of curiosity did you 'breakthrough' (ie have complete ego death experience)? If you didn't, then I highly recommend that you smoke a large dose of it and do so asap.

If you smoke enough your conceptual capacities are temporarily disabled and you transcend out of your body and the negative physical effects are a non-issue. I agree with you at lower doses the somatic effects are somewhat disturbing.

5-meo-DMT
5-meo-MiPT
5-meo-DALT

those are worthy 5-meo's imo (never tried this one, I'd be curious how it is smoked though!). The 5-meo's I've tried have all categorically been best when smoked at high doses.

You instantly go out of your body on DMT? Maybe I should try again at a huge dose or something. :D I never liked it's bodyload and actually enough to never want it again. Interesting.

With sub-threshold dosages, 5-MeO-DMT is very physically unpleasant. At breakthrough dosages, there is no body left to feel any discomfort. The 5-MeO-DMT is the best psychedelic there is...makes LSD look like a kids toy. It is the true near-death experience. A ++++ every time for me.

Gaian Planes said:
5-meo-DMT
5-meo-MiPT
5-meo-DALT

those are worthy 5-meo's imo (never tried this one, I'd be curious how it is smoked though!). The 5-meo's I've tried have all categorically been best when smoked at high doses.

If I don't get anything interesting out of 5-MeO-DPT orally, I'll probably try freebasing it and smoking it to see if it's any different. That's a long way down the road though :).