View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines 5-MeO-MiPT vs. 5-MeO-DiPT

ungelesene_bettlek

Bluelighter
the two are often compared. what exactly are the differences, what do they have in common.

I quite like foxy, but have no experiences with moxy yet. is it worth trying?

i've only had one experience with 5-meo-mipt, at 12 - 14 mg, but it was most promising and i look forward to engaging with it again. i didn't find it to have much recreational potential, definitely not a "tryptamine mdma". my experience was marked by a sense of deep inner peace, keen awareness of the divinity of those around me, and brief but very heady CEVs.

If its anything like 5-meo-dipt; it will be shit. That does not seem to be the case though. I really look forward to trying 5-meo-mipt.

5-meo-mipt is one of my favorite psychedelics. Probably right behind mushrooms and LSD. Just above 2c-e. I've also taken 2ct2, 2cd, 4acomipt, dxm, ketamine, mdma, mda, 2cb, doc. I actually really liked DOC too but the duration really bugged me.

5meomipt just has an incredible euphoric rush with tons of energy, a fantastically strong and warm body buzz, and some of the strongest visuals I've seen (at 18mg oral) with lots of neon orange and green. I also like smoking small amounts of this while on LSD. Did not like combining with mdma as I have stated on here before.

*edit* sorry yeah I haven't done 5meodipt. However, I've heard it has much more unpleasant side effects from someone I know who has done both. He preferred 5meomipt.

For me moxy is really not euphoric and not really psychedelic. 15 mg gave me hard rush, some visuals, great headache and 20 hours without sleep. I wouldnt recoment it anyone at all. This experience hold me back from trying foxy.

greets

I find the two very dissimilar, really not alike at all. 5-MeO-DiPT causes some sound distortion at highr doses, and produces a very speedy, recreational buzz. It feels alarming to me physically and gets my heart rate moving quickly. I find it useful only for a semi-euphoric high.

5-MeO-MiPT on the other hand feels very transparent on the body. It's much more subtle and creates a very coherent and intelligent euphoria. I find it extremely useful for doing energy realignment and pushing through negative spells. It's quite mentally stimulating as well. 5-MeO-MiPT is one of my favorite chemicals. It's not going to give you a world-shattering trip... it's more of a utility tool.

tried both and prefer 5-meo-mipt. 5-meo-mipt lacked a hard edginess that always seemed present w/5-meo-dipt. 5-meo-mipt also produced, for me, less body load.

5-meo-mipt for me is a warm, fuzzy, friendly and pleasantly colorful (though not highly visual) experience. 5-meo-dipt for me was kind of keening and brittle and didn't do much in the mood lift dept (though living up to it's nickname foxy).

about 5mgs of 5-meo-mipt bumped before the peak of a 2c-e exp. produced almost a fireworks display of visuals (on top of the visual intensity of 2c-e).

i really can't put my finger on any similarities between the 2 substances. however, a period of 3 yrs separated my last 5-meo-dipt exp. and my 1st 5-meo-mipt exp.

Both in my experience are sub-par psychedelics that I will probably never bother with again.

5-MeO-DiPT is utter garbage and in fact I wouldn't be surprised if it is discovered to be a toxin.

5-MeO-MiPT is interesting but "missing" a lot. There is a bodyload but not nearly as bad as the other. For both myself and others I know who tried it, it seems to be a come-up followed immediately by a comedown, with no real trip. Still, worth trying for novelty, unlike its DiPT counterpart.

I will add that they have absolutely nothing in common, just like 5-MeO-DMT wrt them, but for some reason I find all 5-MeO-Tryptamines to suck in their own special ways.

Last edited:
I enjoyed my first experience with 5-MeO-DiPT (although we were foxyflipping and the MDMA was a great reward for sticking through the initial phases of the foxy). I'm actually planning on taking some more tonight, on it's own, just so that I can get a comfortable feel for it and know more of what it's like before I decide if I'm going to write it off completely.
Never had 5-MeO-MiPT though.

9mg 5-meo-mipt. When I tried 6.5 it was pleasant, but seemed "not quite there". There seems to be a threshold with this stuff between 5 and 10, and at 9 I was definitely over it.

I found it to be pretty phenomenal. A lot of people seem to really love this stuff and now I know why. At the right "sweet spot" dose, this is one magical, special chemical. Closest I've come to the RC "Holy Grail." It seems to really have it all. Fast acting. Smooth really nice actually fun come-up. Low bad body-load. High good body-bliss "load".

Some have said at these levels it is not psychedelic, but that was not the case for me... I was having really beautifully animated delicate but strong trails, color/light enhancement; very blissfull mental space; morphing afterimages; quite entactogenic, too... really heart-opening and happiness-inducing. In fact I'm still feeling really really Happy Happy Joy Joy even now, 18 hrs later; powerfully anti-depressant.

Very awakening... but not terribly "tweaky"; tactile sensations were great - I've never felt randier in my life! Orgasm was amplified in length and intensity. Obviously why some have reported that there are alot of Chinese "libido-enhancing" pills which have this in them (got to look for for more info on those online soon).

Yet another nice aspect - seemed very liable and controlable; I could seemingly shift the drug's focus of impact on the mental trippiness, or the euphoric body-bliss at will.

Better even than 4-aco-dipt which I loved. That chems "magic time" window seemed disapointingly short, and made me want to re-dose. Not so with this stuff. I was good for at least 5 hours.

I felt the "second-wind" effect at the end that some have reported. Just as I thought it was about to trail off to ending completely, I got an unexpected "kiss goobye" from the substance... a final sudden hour-long wave of renewed body-bliss and psychedelic effects. A little odd & unexpected, but it made for a very very nice send-off.

Postscript: I have tried it several times since this first 9 mg experience. The "send-off re-trip" pulse was only sensed as a such a discrete event the first time at effective (9mg -13mg) doses; though every time I've noticed it really can seem to "linger" alot longer than you might expect from the quck come-up, though this does not seem to be the case with others, such as Jamshyd...

Some things, seem to have moderately differential effects on people. I've noticed this with 4-aco-dmt... same dose that is mind-blowing for one person, another says "I think I felt a little something." I get the impression these ACO and MEO compounds are somewhat finickey - perhaps due to the ACO/MEO they are absorbed and/or metabolized at greatly different rates in different people due to who-knows-what individual biochemical factors/conditions???

I have NOT tried 5-Meo-Dipt yet, but I'm getting the feeling that I won't like it as much as 5meomipt.

Last edited:
Jamshyd said:
sub-par psychedelic... that I will probably never bother with again.

5-MeO-MiPT is interesting but "missing" a lot. There is a bodyload ... it seems to be a come-up followed immediately by a comedown, with no real trip.
Couldn't agree more about the moxy. Never tried the foxy. Also, my kind friend who shared it with me says that it causes massive tolerance issues w/other psych's. Another "minus" on the list, IMO.

Xorkoth said:
useful for doing energy realignment and pushing through negative spells

Please elaborate, xork, especially on dosage + length of experience, because I got a bit of something uncomfortable to work on and the right psychedelic might be just what I need - rather than masking what is going on in me with uppers and the like. I have only used Moxy twice, and both times it's been somewhat restlessness-inducing and very eerie.

Hmm... well, I found it to help me be aware of the flow of energy throughout my body and mind. I like to take it at anywhere from 6 to 9mg, probably 6 being the best choice unless you're familiar. Pay attention to the feeling - if you're feeling uncomfortable it's because something you're doing is causing your energy to flow in a counterproductive way. But when you eliminate the problem, the energy will flow properly and you'll be filled with euphoria. 5-MeO-MiPT feels strange and mildly unpleasant unless you're harnessing it properly, at which time it turns into a wonderful euphoric buzz. I use that feeling to help me determine whether I am addressing the problem properly. Sort of like biofeedback, really.

Does that help?

Most definitely agree with the "channelling it properly" thing. This chem for me is one whose effects I seem to be able to mold like putty - with a little focused concentration on the direction you want it to go (body buzz, euphoria, erotic, trippy mental effects) it seems to go there with ease.

moxy is really setting-sensitive.

I took it at a trance party in the city at 9mg and didn't feel much at all.

Took it another time (after the 9mg) at 5mg and felt a LOT more! It was a pretty powerful rushing trip and then some weird trippy shit iirc.

Whats with all the hate for foxy?

poo problems / stomach stuff that prevalent?

Ody said:

It was never an issue with me, but yeah, that seems to be a primary criticism.

Ody said:

The actual trip itsself from foxy just isnt really worthwhile; and that coupled with body issues makes it a poor tryptamine, at least in my opinion...