• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

News A review of Regional Forums - We want YOUR input.

Any ideas why the big difference between 2017 and 2018? Did the 'youngerz' go off drugs? Did all the heavy duty drug-takers retire to raise bees in Sussex?

It boils down to having the staff for the forums, got nothing to do with costs or anything like that. People want to post but they don't want to mod. Understandable, but reorganization and consolidation happens when no one wants to mod, and particularly so when forums are slow. We simply have too many forums and staff is spread too thin.

All of the different forums have their identity and so we're just trying to figure out ways to let them keep their respective identities while also making life easier for our staff.

Imo the best compromise would be to just reorganize the three sub forums under one main forum and have staff operate across all three interchangeably. It would just be reorganized in a similar manner to the recent CEPS change, which has been a pretty helpful change. That helps clean up the forum a bit, solves the staffing issue, we don't have to meld the forums together somehow with different prefixes and everyone gets to keep their identity.

Even if we did just do a giant merger using prefixes, nothing fundamentally here is going to change honestly. The culture is what we make it really. If nsadd had the activity of eadd and posters I had known forever, I might feel strongly about its identity, but unfortunately it's a bit of a ghost town, so I can only conceive of this as a staff problem I'm not losing a beloved forum, even though it's one I've modded off and on for years now. Which ultimately lands us on the fact that 2 of the 3 regionals get no traffic, and no one wants to mod eadd. So it needs to be reorganized.

And also yeah like I said, you're not actually losing the forum, fundamentally nothing is going to change, so please don't mistake my words

What kind of life do mods have? Do they have to tell 50 people a day "Ive told you once to stop calling him a flange"?

Is it long hours at high intensity?

What kind of life do mods have? Do they have to tell 50 people a day "Ive told you once to stop calling him a flange"?

Is it long hours at high intensity?
Pretty much up to the individual, as long as someone is able to log on once daily, or most days, to check their forum and any reported posts in their forum, that's generally what we call good nuff.

These forums are generally more social in nature, and so yeah sometimes ppl get on a roll and get too wild and you gotta just simply delete/edit their post and explain why, or maybe it's a recurring problem and you've gotta issue a warning.

Not much more beyond that. In this specific example, lingo and having someone from the particular region is important. You see you might as well have called him a "mechanism", or a "turnstile" or some shit, flange has no real meaning to me, so if it's something super shitty to say to someone then yeah, someone not familiar might just overlook it.

If it were down to cost, then maybe the EADD members who want to keep their own corner of Bluelight could donate towards the cost? I would chip in happily. I’m also happy to mod EADD again if needed.
I applied for S&G and was eying EADD. I agree with this and would most definitely be a part of it if I got the chance. As I said 2021 was the year I was part of the 4 musketeer mods watching out for EADD(3 mods + one S. Mod cunt). I will happily join dark forces of EADD once again.:stirpot:

Ha I knew this wouldn't go down well with you brexiteers 😉 Who'd want to rub shoulders with those ruffians in the colonies?

Its to do with the legal high / NPS ban. THe traffic on the graph correlates exactly. THe legal highs brought a lot of traffic to EADD,

We could do with seeing the graph for the whole 2010s, that would be interesting. I bet there would be a huge increase around the time that Mephedrone starting becoming very popular.

It seemed to me that EADD was dead on it's feet maybe 3 - 4 years ago, but it seems to me to have picked up again. Although the post count on the graph would suggest that this is not quite he case, apart from the increase in 2021. Maybe when some old members starting returning for various reasons.
Remember 2022 isn't finished yet and we could be at the start of an upswing in EADD traffic.

Last edited: