• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Accndentally pushed a ML of air into my vein headache confusion will this resolve it self

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
I didn’t mean to the needle like depressed itself with a high velocity and there was nothing I could really do about it.

I just slept from 7 pm to 5 am and missed work I’m afraid to go back to bed but I’m so tired from all the klonopin the only way I’m staying up is if I do another shot of coke

A ml of air is absolutely nothing, you'd need a full 150ml syringe injected with force and even then if nothing happens after a minute or two you're fine. It certainly wouldn't be dangerous hours afterwards. I've had legitimate medical treatment where an IV bag has fallen over and pumped air in for a scary amount of time and been fine.

I was always under the impression that serious problems could result from as little as 3cc or 3ml of air being injected into the circulatory system.

At any rate this would mean that even a full insulin syringe couldn't cause a gas embolism. We used to get this question a lot more frequently than we had now.

We used to say that the time spent getting the air bubbles out of the syringe would be better invested in other areas like hygiene.