• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Accumulation of dried Cannabis Inventory (now over 1,000,000 kg)

who says they can't choose?

screw government weed

it's only legal when they're the dealer, right?

:middle finger:
my point was that the black market weed can change hands any number of times so the actual strain or THC% percentage is essentially impossible for the end buyer to know

that sort of info is especially needed for medical users

One benefit of all that dried Cannabis is the rapidly declining prices in cartridges And, to am extent extracts.

One micro-producer in Nova Scotia pulled the plug w/o making a single sale. 230kg of weed and they couldn’t get more than 0.20 Cdn $ (twenty cents) per gram ($46k Cdn).

A lot of companies don’t want quality product, they want lots of product for further processing into other products.

Now, if farm sales (and farm processing) were allowed, that 230kg
-230,000 g cannabis (say 15% THC at a guess)
-34,500 g THC (very approximate)
-roughly 69,000 0.5g distillate cartridges (or live terpene cartridges)
-farm sales at $15 Cdn / cartridge> 1,035,000.

But we gotta wait for the laws to change for ^^.

I’d be all over the place trying to buy farm only cannabis, cartridges, edibles, etc.

Sigh.

Tom

my point was that the black market weed can change hands any number of times so the actual strain or THC% percentage is essentially impossible for the end buyer to know

that sort of info is especially needed for medical users
I would argue that, up here in Canada at least, reliable legacy vendors are a medical user's best bet if they're looking for objective information and/or help selecting a strain that's most likely to provide relief. No government dispensary puts a sign saying "GROWN WITH PGR OF QUESTIONABLE PROVENANCE", but legacy growers are very quick to disclose their methods.

To @Thomas Davie . I fail to see an actual upside to the low prices, no matter how much it may benefit me (which it doesn't, because I smoke high terpene live rosin that no dispensary could ever store properly). What I see are low prices, courtesy of legalization, killing the cannabis culture. People are so hyped on cheap product they've thrown quality expectations completely out the window. This is completely counter to the culture I've been a part of for the past 20 years and it continues to get worse by the day. Look at the line outside your local dispensary - very few of them look like proper stoners, all I see are dirtbags who look like they get stoned all day instead of working

@WideThirdEye Here are a couple of actual upsides; 1) affordability and for people who reply in this as a medicine and are on limited incomes this is huge. 2) Specificty in the product, which is something the legacy/black market usually doesn’t offer. 3) A guarantee that certain pesticides aren’t present.

Personally I find your opinion of people you don’t even know standing in a line outside a dispensary objectionable but that’s just me.

We’ve got one government store in a town of 7,500 I live close to. No lines. Ever. The people who were inside the store looked normal to me. I’m the guy with hair down to his elbows and an old Pink Floyd shirt.

Maybe I’m the dirtbag b/c I do consume Cannabis all day and don’t work any more.

Tom

@WideThirdEye Here are a couple of actual upsides; 1) affordability and for people who reply in this as a medicine and are on limited incomes this is huge. 2) Specificty in the product, which is something the legacy/black market usually doesn’t offer. 3) A guarantee that certain pesticides aren’t present.

Personally I find your opinion of people you don’t even know standing in a line outside a dispensary objectionable but that’s just me.

We’ve got one government store in a town of 7,500 I live close to. No lines. Ever. The people who were inside the store looked normal to me. I’m the guy with hair down to his elbows and an old Pink Floyd shirt.

Maybe I’m the dirtbag b/c I do consume Cannabis all day and don’t work any more.

Tom
You should check out some of the mail order legacy people - the selection is unbelievable and the quality is head and shoulders above anything available at the government stores. Always happy to point ppl in the correct direction

Re you being a dirtbag. Possible, but I’m not talking about long hair or pink Floyd t shirts - I’m talking about people that smoke crack

I’m talking about people that smoke crack

I smoke crack and while its nothing to brag about, I would like to think I am not a d-bag. I am many things, a manchild, an idiot and a middle age loser but I have never fucked anyone over for anything. I have smoked some today (hence the pathetic attempt at defending myself). The irony is I wanted to get high but my only remaining weed man is in Hungary for a month (I am a UK methadone maintained heroin addict) so I got what I could get hold of. Speaking on behalf of EADD's contributors there are a significant minority of members that use or used to use crack and they are also not, to the best of my knowledge, dirtbags. I understand the ilk of those whom you refer to but by and large they flogged their PC's for drugs.

I smoke crack and while its nothing to brag about, I would like to think I am not a d-bag. I am many things, a manchild, an idiot and a middle age loser but I have never fucked anyone over for anything. I have smoked some today (hence the pathetic attempt at defending myself). The irony is I wanted to get high but my only remaining weed man is in Hungary for a month (I am a UK methadone maintained heroin addict) so I got what I could get hold of. Speaking on behalf of EADD's contributors there are a significant minority of members that use or used to use crack and they are also not, to the best of my knowledge, dirtbags. I understand the ilk of those whom you refer to but by and large they flogged their PC's for drugs.
Im not judging anyone, I'm just trying to highlight the fact that legalization here isn't turning out to be net-positive for cannabis enthusiasts, and that's how it was sold to the public

Shocker - the government lied and its just another way to get 40% of some welfare cheques back

It's very interesting reading about all this as a kiwi. We had a referendum last year that had 49% vote yes to legalize.. Yes lol a percentage shy of a half of the votes.. Our govt used this as an excuse that clearly there isn't enough pressure to legalise.. It sucks.

But the police seem to have been taken off tackling weed 'crime'. They still do busts but compared to the early 2010s where I knew ounce dealers getting busted all the time.. Now every dealer I know, havnt had trouble for years.

Weed is much more available now. Same price but everything else has become more expensive in recent years(rent, food, fuel). It seems immune to inflation.

350nzd which is about 220usd is standard price for a good indoor ounce. 200-300 if it's outdoors. 370-450 if it's really high quality but some people sell same good stuff for 350.

Been like this for 15 years at least. Minimum wage was like 13$ an hour back then now its 21$ lol.

We have basically zero cart scene here. I've come across it once and wasn't impressed, but maybe it just wasn't a good one I dunno. I remember looking up the brand and it was well known and meant to be good. Definitely get more stoned smoking actual bud compared to whatever that shit I tried was. Felt like I was just spaced out rather than high. The dude literally just put a bunch in his bag when flying from LA and risked getting snapped by our customs.. To me, certainly not worth doing that haha.