Study Anti aging? (telomerase etc)

MathematicsOfNeurology

Greenlighter
See there's one other thread on this:

And a series of talks are being hosted on the topic (one being:

Some other dude David Sinclair (been on JRE) is raving about this drug "Metformin" also.

Inhibits shorting of Telomeres showing anti-aging properties in lab mice.

There's some peptide apparently has this effect also - epitalon.

Aging sucks so if they uncover anything useful I'm there.

I don't think it's possible. Aging isn't something that can be stopped, it's a byproduct of life itself. Short of no longer living or doing anything, you'll be aging.

Better off exercising and eating well. Maybe a bit of baby blood transfusion as well.

See there's one other thread on this:

And a series of talks are being hosted on the topic (one being:

Some other dude David Sinclair (been on JRE) is raving about this drug "Metformin" also.

Inhibits shorting of Telomeres showing anti-aging properties in lab mice.

There's some peptide apparently has this effect also - epitalon.

Aging sucks so if they uncover anything useful I'm there.

As someone interested in anti aging and read a bit on metformin in this context, I don't consider it to prevent aging in the sense people think it does. Moreso it can help reduce age related disease

Reddit link discussing epitalon:

Observations there seems to suggest something similar in that, it has little effect on conventional aging signs such as hair/skin, but does seem to lengthen telomeres effectively;

Which may inhibit age related diseases?

I have a vial of Epitalon I'm considering trying, but as I have an averse response o Melatonin (not melanotan) the sleep hormone, and epitalon activates it what nasally admin'd to lab-rats, probability of my well tolerating it seems low.

I am always sketched out by the idea of modifying telomeres, as telomere extension is a hallmark of cancer cells.

Also regulated cell death is generally considered a good thing, cells staying alive with defects in nucleic acids or protein folding/aggregation is generally a very bad thing.

Finally, I just don't see a lot of press regarding life extension and telomerase in the general high impact scientific literature (ie science/nature/cell). This doesn't completely invalidate the concept, but it does indicate to me that it isn't the fallow field that ted talks make it out to be.

I am always sketched out by the idea of modifying telomeres, as telomere extension is a hallmark of cancer cells.

Also regulated cell death is generally considered a good thing, cells staying alive with defects in nucleic acids or protein folding/aggregation is generally a very bad thing.

Finally, I just don't see a lot of press regarding life extension and telomerase in the general high impact scientific literature (ie science/nature/cell). This doesn't completely invalidate the concept, but it does indicate to me that it isn't the fallow field that ted talks make it out to be.
I had this same thought some years ago when epitalon first came into the RC vendor lists. To me it comes off as a good starting point to figure things out, but definitely approach with caution as, like you mentioned, the only immortal cells are cancer cells.
I haven't seen much progress in epitalon research which i see as somewhat as a red flag. Because it should have gained traction somewhere in the world for more research if it really was the key to longevity.
I appreciate your input!

I think this guy is definitely on to what all's possibly within our potential as far as anti aging. Andrew Huberman is my favorite neuroscientist to listen to and he does a great job getting the basic ideas behind it all out of David Sinclar in this podcast episode...

I don't think it's possible. Aging isn't something that can be stopped, it's a byproduct of life itself. Short of no longer living or doing anything, you'll be aging.

Better off exercising and eating well. Maybe a bit of baby blood transfusion as well.
It is also genetic.

CRISPR technology will be the only realistic way of extending life. For someone in his early 40s, this is probably 20 years out.

But that's predicated on a level of global peace and prosperity that may take a decade to achieve, although China has invested an enormous percentage of its GDP in genomics.

Bottom line, "anti-aging" for most us means taking drugs to appear to be younger, faster, stronger, and possibly intelligent (short term stimulant use) to compete in an increasingly oppressive late stage capitalist world of declining living standard on unprecedented scale.

Jay Campbell swears about epitalon

I tried a few vials, total 50mgs or so. I found it some kind of subtle ansiogenic and good feeling effects when injecting it. Could be placebo, tho. I love to subQ things