• S&T Moderators: VerbalTruist | Skorpio | alasdairm

Technology Antivirus Software is a scam

Conky

Bluelighter
Tell me I'm wrong

They tell you you're protected while in the background there's constant screen captures & keystroke logging

Laughing all the way to the bank

Linux AV is also a joke

rkhunter told me there is 8 possible rootkits on my system lmfao

chkrootkit told me there's at least 3 trojans on my system !

Might as well just get a nice chromebook and be done with it :(

Stuffmonger wants more MDPV! Tan MDPV MUST FLOW!

Last edited:
Tell me I'm wrong

They tell you you're protected while in the background there's constant screen captures & keystroke logging

Laughing all the way to the bank

Linux AV is also a joke

rkhunter told me there is 8 possible rootkits on my system lmfao

chkrootkit told me there's at least 3 trojans on my system !

Might as well just get a nice chromebook and be done with it :(

Ive been free-balling it since 2012 when i switched over to Linux Mint - zero issues

@nomorebenzos yes, most of them are scams and way more hassle to you than they are worth. In truth, there is not much risk, that's what they want you to think so you buy it.

I've personally never used antivirus. In 20 years I've had my accounts be 'hacked' one time. And that was after I knowingly downloaded sketchy shit off a sketchy website.

Antivirus has always been less-than-needed, general internet knowledge is infinitely more valuable than any antivirus

Last edited:
I have unfortunately

Since spring 2013 I've been stalked online and hacked repeatedly

I've gained a lot of knowledge in recent times so they started using windows & android zero days

I've since stopped using those operating systems but have my doubts whether it will be enough
I'm pretty drunk, I could explain what I meant but I can't too drunk

forgive my words

There isn't the risk they want you to think - is what I meant to say.

I worked in IT for years and know security, I'm just too drunk to speak my eloquence.

you're the one who started using the word retard

which is both childish and offensive to a lot of people

scumbag... I'm assuming you're older as well, which makes it even worse

sorry about that

i just found that post i lost earlier

:rofl:

Alright so you know what's going on....

Is that what you're using now?
I'm using Xubuntu right now mostly because I had it flashed on a usb when I fucked my Parrot install by removing packages I should have left alone lol

I'll be going back to Parrot soon though. I really like how it comes with everything I need except chrome which I use to watch netflix

I'm using Xubuntu right now mostly because I had it flashed on a usb when I fucked my Parrot install by removing packages I should have left alone lol

I'll be going back to Parrot soon though. I really like how it comes with everything I need except chrome which I use to watch netflix

i hate chrome...i only use Firefox and Brave....i hate all things google

have you tried any other OS for your phone?

ive been keeping an eye on this: https://ubuntu-touch.io/

i hate chrome...i only use Firefox and Brave....i hate all things google

have you tried any other OS for your phone?

ive been keeping an eye on this: https://ubuntu-touch.io/
Yeah Firefox is best but you gotta tweak the about:config settings to make it more secure and private

Yes I've heard of ubuntu touch as well as other OSes such as Lineage OS & Graphene OS

Unfortunately they only work on very select models, Pixels in particular

I might get a phone that comes pre installed with an alternative OS just to save time & effort

There's the PinePhone that comes with a mobile version of Manjaro as well as other options you can flash yourself. It's quite cheap though and I've heard it's buggy as well

Also have my eye on the NitroPhone which are hardened & modified Pixels that come with Graphene OS, pretty sure there's also an option to have the cameras, microphones, and sensors physically removed..my favourite part :)

There's also Purism's PureOS phones but I've heard customer service is shit & some people's shipments never arrived

Yeah Firefox is best but you gotta tweak the about:config settings to make it more secure and private

Yes I've heard of ubuntu touch as well as other OSes such as Lineage OS & Graphene OS

Unfortunately they only work on very select models, Pixels in particular

I might get a phone that comes pre installed with an alternative OS just to save time & effort

There's the PinePhone that comes with a mobile version of Manjaro as well as other options you can flash yourself. It's quite cheap though and I've heard it's buggy as well

Also have my eye on the NitroPhone which are hardened & modified Pixels that come with Graphene OS, pretty sure there's also an option to have the cameras, microphones, and sensors physically removed..my favourite part :)

There's also Purism's PureOS phones but I've heard customer service is shit & some people's shipments never arrived

yea i'd much rather just buy one with it already installed - i was eyeing up that PinePhone too

let me know if you end up installing anything or buy one with an alternate OS installed....i definitely want to do it for sure with the next phone i buy

I reckon John McAfee's corpse is riddled with a fair few viruses by now.

Shows how good he fuckin was... :p

If you're running a Windows computer, antivirus is now pointless. The in-built Microsoft AV - is finally - better than any 3rd party app and it's FREE.