• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Other Any chess players here?

To those who recommended Chess.com. Finally figured out how to play bots @ the level/strength I want. So I signed up for the 7 week free trial @ Diamond level. And the fact that it analyzes my games and can point out the errors that I need to change/improve on. I’ve got chess programs that can do the same; but this is more graphical and imtuitive.

In the time that I’m waiting for the Canadian Football championship to begin, I was able to squeeze in 2 complete Chess960 gamea (W1 L1) and boy did I get suggestions.

thanks

Tom

Whos the bl team playing against ? Shroomery ?

I made it to my schools final table in 5th grade vs the smart kid. I was whooping his ass when the teacher stepped in and stopped the game saying we didnt have time to finish, reset the board the next day, and being a kid I was pissed about the reset and couldnt concentrate enough. I whooped that kids ass later that year, that teacher was a massive massive dickhead looking back on it.

Now I really only play when Im locked up, and usually Im the best in the pod.

If I win you can NEVER say I hate Americans again, or anything resembling it, deal?

If you win (you won't though, I'm in massive form =D ) I'll do something else @Negentropic

LOL I THINK I JUST GOT CHAT BANNED FOR SAYING "PISS" on CHESS>COM

wtf, I can't chat anymore lol
I got chat banned last night as i playing this woman and she chatted she wanted to kill herself as her fiancé dumped her and she is from Egypt. So I’m chatting with her trying to cheer her up and settler her down. Listening to the bullshit women go through in Egypt and trying to show her shit will work out and that pig that dumped her is garbage. She loved it and was never offended etc etc etc. Then I see I have been flagged and so messaged them wtf?

They said they take my inquiry’s very seriously. Then generated a forum email that encouraged me to view the site guidelines and let them know what violation I was guilty of. Well so I poured over their guidelines..

Be supportive.. check I feel that chatting with a suicidal member is being supportive.

No sexism.. check I think that supporting and talking with a female member that lives in a culture that has blatant sexism counts as not being sexist.

And on and on and on.

So they send me a forum mail to inform me that it has been determined the ban is legitimate and give me the opportunity to nark myself out so they can check how their mod bots algorithm is doing.

Well obviously it totally blew it.. but anyway we were able to chat and I hope it helped her out.

Actually typing up my response to chess.com right now.. trying not to be snarky. Filter on your chat by some clueless algorithm bot. You know what’s been determined your shit is not legitimate does not work well at all.

Yeah you're good, but man I messed up some good positions, felt like I had very good positions but somehow lost, due to very good manoeuvring.
We should play more often man, it was actually fun
I was trained by the best man, literally. I grew up around chess greatness. I used to get personal lessons from various famous GMs and IMs. I wish I followed through with it....

I played Susan Polgar in a simul :), she kicked my ass in 25 moves

But for real, you were last online in October, can't have that shit man, make it weekly, come battle me, lichess Blitz and I'm open for other time controls.
You know as well as I do that regular chess is excellent for people
making an account now

man chess was a huge part of my life, and also, while I was getting into drugs it was the POSITIVE part of my life.

honestly my chess coach Robby Adamson (famous blitz player, known as Blitzmaster on ICC - 3000+ blitz rating), was more of a father figure than my own dad, who was out of the picture at that point

chess is part of me

I wonder why I stopped playing.... I honestly do...

bit weird really, I was on a nationally recognized winning chess team... a year later I was into heroin and meth and dropped out... very strange in retrospect

confused mind with HORRIBLE influences...