• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Other Any chess players here?

anyone want to play for fun tonight?

that would be awesome. and we're really close to each other actually if you live near Jacksonville.
I'm in Charlotte, the chess scene seems unusually lame/quiet here compared to every other state I've lived in.

you know any peeps?

@Snafu in the Void

hey snafu you ever played an enpasant in chess.

I know the move came in when castling did and both are implemented in my engine (which I am now rewriting) but I have never felt the need to use it.

I know you play a lot more than I ever have so thought I would ask.

@Snafu in the Void

hey snafu you ever played an enpasant in chess.

I know the move came in when castling did and both are implemented in my engine (which I am now rewriting) but I have never felt the need to use it.

I know you play a lot more than I ever have so thought I would ask.
Absolutely. It's not that uncommon to play it.

I am going to have to learn to play this game to some degree.

I can play but I have no strategy at all just trying to see a move or two ahead for some main pieces.

I have heaps of books on it but not the time to read them :(

There are several forums of chess content to help train. Books are typically much more intensive and time consuming. I wouldn't really recommend a book for a beginner, that's usually more medium/advanced stuff.

There's a lot of great resources on chess.com, a lot of it is free as well. Check out their instructional videos. Solving puzzles is a great way to teach you tactics and positional patterns, and you can do both of those on a phone in your free time.

With books you usually have to set up a chess board on the side to really digest the content. (but not always, depends on the book)

There are several forums of chess content to help train. Books are typically much more intensive and time consuming. I wouldn't really recommend a book for a beginner, that's usually more medium/advanced stuff.

There's a lot of great resources on chess.com, a lot of it is free as well. Check out their instructional videos. Solving puzzles is a great way to teach you tactics and positional patterns, and you can do both of those on a phone in your free time.

With books you usually have to set up a chess board on the side to really digest the content. (but not always, depends on the book)
You ever play on LiChess?

I am going to have to learn to play this game to some degree.

I can play but I have no strategy at all just trying to see a move or two ahead for some main pieces.

I have heaps of books on it but not the time to read them :(
YouTube, look up John Bartholomew and Chessnetwork.
The trick is to learn the absolute basics, play, learn a little more and you'll figure out soon enough if you enjoy it

Nakamura will only win if he plays Magnus like any other anon blitz player. Ego is not an affordable distraction in blitz.