• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Any hydrocodone tips?

Agreed.

My little vacation with hydro is over though unfortunately. lol Back to daily bupe for me.

I use to go on DXM trips waiting for more heroin/pain pills or bupe to come around way back in the day and I definitely noticed that after a good heavy trip, my tolerance to the heroin or whatever I'd get had gone done immensely. Some times doing an opioid after a DXM trip really makes it more noddy and sedating for me too.

I still use benadryl for occassional nausea but it doesn't do much for my bupe or opioids anymore. I wouldn't mind trying some of the prescription antihistamines that can apparently induce euphoria all on their own. I'd imagine they'd feel great with an opioid.

And hell yeah, I've used bluelight for a very long time but only recently made an account like a year ago. It's a great haven of knowledge! Welcome aboard! :)
I’ve never had a 4th plateau with dxm, but I know after a good shroom/ or lsd trip my cravings go down for about a week which makes my tolerance low asf but that’s a given. I got a zip of the best mushrooms I’ve had in a long ass time a couple weeks ago so that trip is probably gonna be coming up soon, excited asf but also nervous as hell don’t wanna see my demons again but know I gotta face them. 😬

I’ve never had a 4th plateau with dxm, but I know after a good shroom/ or lsd trip my cravings go down for about a week which makes my tolerance low asf but that’s a given. I got a zip of the best mushrooms I’ve had in a long ass time a couple weeks ago so that trip is probably gonna be coming up soon, excited asf but also nervous as hell don’t wanna see my demons again but know I gotta face them. 😬
I haven't had the pleasure of using shrooms since I was a teenager.

DXM took me to some scary places though. Especially 3rd/4th plateau with a big fat bowl of cannabis.

I've "died" so many times on DXM. And the experiences where I combined cannabis on a high dose I can only describe as feeling like an out of body experience.
I actually thought I was dying when it first happened to me. lol

I haven't had the pleasure of using shrooms since I was a teenager.

DXM took me to some scary places though. Especially 3rd/4th plateau with a big fat bowl of cannabis.

I've "died" so many times on DXM. And the experiences where I combined cannabis on a high dose I can only describe as feeling like an out of body experience.
I actually thought I was dying when it first happened to me. lol
That sounds scary asf especially getting up to the 4th plateau you could’ve been dying. I’ve had ego death a few times at higher doses of mushrooms, also have felt like I was literally dying, the weirdest I experienced tho was .5 grams that ended up hitting me hard asf. Halfway through the peak decided to try and go to bed which ended up putting me in a loop of ego death. Sorry for getting off topic tho😂, I hope you’re successful on finding something next time!

That sounds scary asf especially getting up to the 4th plateau you could’ve been dying. I’ve had ego death a few times at higher doses of mushrooms, also have felt like I was literally dying, the weirdest I experienced tho was .5 grams that ended up hitting me hard asf. Halfway through the peak decided to try and go to bed which ended up putting me in a loop of ego death. Sorry for getting off topic tho😂, I hope you’re successful on finding something next time!
Yeah I'm not sure why it happened to me.

It seemed like it only happened when I'd smoke weed ontop of a high dose. Had it happen at least 3-4 times through out binging.
It felt like I couldn't feel my body anymore. I could only feel this tiny sensation in the pit of my stomach.
I was still some how able to move my body but I couldn't feel any of my limbs.
I *think* it might have been the equivalant of what people call a "k-hole" but in DXM terms. lol

I never had a bad trip on mushrooms. Although I was young and didn't know that some mushrooms caused body buzzes and some didn't. So the first time I got some with a body element to it, I felt like a zombie. lol But in a good way. Loved watching all the prisms and colors dancing around everything.

I think a mushroom trip would be great for me right now. At least a low dose. I lost my mom last year & deal with heavy depression, so it'd be nice to try something new to help.

Thanks friend! <3 :)

I’m sorry to hear about your mother, That depressions tough after a significant loss. I took a gram after I got off work a few hours ago and it’s been pretty nice to me, these shrooms I got produces a pretty potent body high. I definitely recommend you to find some good shroomies and get a zip to save for those rainy days, you might experience some challenges with them but you’ll always come out feeling better. Just make sure you’re in the right setting! Be well my friend!

I’m sorry to hear about your mother, That depressions tough after a significant loss. I took a gram after I got off work a few hours ago and it’s been pretty nice to me, these shrooms I got produces a pretty potent body high. I definitely recommend you to find some good shroomies and get a zip to save for those rainy days, you might experience some challenges with them but you’ll always come out feeling better. Just make sure you’re in the right setting! Be well my friend!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I come across some soon eventually.

It's strange cause I had access to them as a teenager, but after that, it's like all I could ever find was meth, heroin, weed, pills, etc.. but never mushrooms.

I think they'd be very enlightening for me at the moment.
I'm also looking into finding ketamine-assisted treatment if I can.

Society needs to reflect and find a whole new perspective on drugs, because they can be very healing for some.

Enjoy your trip! :) Cheers!

Definitely want to echo to anyone to not snort or inhale hydrocodone/tylenol mixes. Outside of what's been suggested (potentiate with grapefruit and others), a possible CWE (cold water extraction) may help the harm reduction efforts (possibly offsetting tolerance and negative effects on subs/relapse/whatever). Then just ingest them anally? Years ago, I believe that was a way to make them more bioavailable and longer acting at the expense of taking a bit of time to prepare and a bit longer to kick in. Personally, I think it's a tricky game when we get into the real weeds with partial agonists Vs pain killers, gaba drugs and cross substances as neurological studies and true specificity in this field is limited (to me at least). Good luck.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I come across some soon eventually.

It's strange cause I had access to them as a teenager, but after that, it's like all I could ever find was meth, heroin, weed, pills, etc.. but never mushrooms.

I think they'd be very enlightening for me at the moment.
I'm also looking into finding ketamine-assisted treatment if I can.

Society needs to reflect and find a whole new perspective on drugs, because they can be very healing for some.

Enjoy your trip! :) Cheers!
Thanks! Idk where you reside, but in the United States you can legally buy everything from the spore syringes, down to the substrate mixes and you can learn how to grow them yourself it’s easy but you gotta make sure your area is completely sanitary. I completely agree with you with society, I believe that if we just legalized everything we wouldn’t have all these people turning to harder drugs they’d get what they came for, and we wouldn’t have all these people looking like fuckin zombies because their shit isn’t pure.

I didn't bother reading all the replies, I'd fall asleep. Reading puts me to sleep, not saying the content is boring.

Fresh grapefruit juice and even 100% natural, not from concentrated plus cimentidine (Tagament). I take the tagament about 20 minutes before. I've also been trying nitric oxide by Havasu. Comes in a black bottle I get from amazon for enhanced vascular acticity for faster absorption. The brand I get is in a black bottle and has a few other suppliments in it.. I'm sure more informed people will disagree, but after a lot of trial and error, it works for me. I have Fibromyalgia and also take Lyrica. I've had to alter doses of each to prevent nodding. But I get that very relaxed euphoric feeling.

This is from a medical website.

The involvement of the nitric oxide in the effects and expression of opioid receptors during peripheral inflammation​

Olga Pol. Curr Med Chem. 2007.
Show details

Abstract PubMed PMID
Full text linksCite

Abstract​

Peripheral inflammation enhances the antinociceptive effects of opioid receptor agonists through the activation of peripheral opioid receptors whose expression also increases during inflammatory pain. Similarly, intestinal inflammation also increases the antitransit and antiexudative effects of opioids as well as the expression of neuronal and extra-neuronal opioid receptors located in the gut. Nitric oxide has been described either as pro- or antiinflammatory and could produce both pro- and antinociceptive effects. In addition, numerous studies have shown that the L-arginine-nitric oxide-cGMP system participates in the antinociceptive and in the intestinal effects produced by opioids during peripheral inflammation by enhancing their effects. Thus, substances capable of inhibiting cyclic guanosine-3',5'-monophosphate (cGMP) degradation or nitric oxide donors increase the analgesic effects of opioid receptor agonists during peripheral inflammation. At the same time, the administration of nitric oxide synthase (NOS) or guanylate cyclase inhibitors decreases those effects. In accordance with these results, different clinical trials have also demonstrated that the co-administration of nitric oxide donors with opioids is highly beneficial in the treatment of pain in patients. In the gut, nitric oxide has a further pro- and antiinflammatory action. It is also involved in the enhanced antitransit and antiexudative effects produced by opioids and in the up-regulation of the mu-opioid receptor gene transcription observed in the inflamed intestine. To sum up, a better knowledge of the involvement of the L-arginine-nitric oxide-cGMP pathway in the opioid mechanisms of action and a better understanding of the pathways that regulate the expression of opioid receptors during peripheral inflammation are essential to developing improved analgesic/antiinflammatory therapies.

I didn't bother reading all the replies, I'd fall asleep. Reading puts me to sleep, not saying the content is boring.

Fresh grapefruit juice and even 100% natural, not from concentrated plus cimentidine (Tagament). I take the tagament about 20 minutes before. I've also been trying nitric oxide by Havasu. Comes in a black bottle I get from amazon for enhanced vascular acticity for faster absorption. The brand I get is in a black bottle and has a few other suppliments in it.. I'm sure more informed people will disagree, but after a lot of trial and error, it works for me. I have Fibromyalgia and also take Lyrica. I've had to alter doses of each to prevent nodding. But I get that very relaxed euphoric feeling.

This is from a medical website.

The involvement of the nitric oxide in the effects and expression of opioid receptors during peripheral inflammation​

Olga Pol. Curr Med Chem. 2007.
Show details

Abstract PubMed PMID
Full text linksCite

Abstract​

Peripheral inflammation enhances the antinociceptive effects of opioid receptor agonists through the activation of peripheral opioid receptors whose expression also increases during inflammatory pain. Similarly, intestinal inflammation also increases the antitransit and antiexudative effects of opioids as well as the expression of neuronal and extra-neuronal opioid receptors located in the gut. Nitric oxide has been described either as pro- or antiinflammatory and could produce both pro- and antinociceptive effects. In addition, numerous studies have shown that the L-arginine-nitric oxide-cGMP system participates in the antinociceptive and in the intestinal effects produced by opioids during peripheral inflammation by enhancing their effects. Thus, substances capable of inhibiting cyclic guanosine-3',5'-monophosphate (cGMP) degradation or nitric oxide donors increase the analgesic effects of opioid receptor agonists during peripheral inflammation. At the same time, the administration of nitric oxide synthase (NOS) or guanylate cyclase inhibitors decreases those effects. In accordance with these results, different clinical trials have also demonstrated that the co-administration of nitric oxide donors with opioids is highly beneficial in the treatment of pain in patients. In the gut, nitric oxide has a further pro- and antiinflammatory action. It is also involved in the enhanced antitransit and antiexudative effects produced by opioids and in the up-regulation of the mu-opioid receptor gene transcription observed in the inflamed intestine. To sum up, a better knowledge of the involvement of the L-arginine-nitric oxide-cGMP pathway in the opioid mechanisms of action and a better understanding of the pathways that regulate the expression of opioid receptors during peripheral inflammation are essential to developing improved analgesic/antiinflammatory therapies.
Thanks for sharing! :)

This nitric oxide thing sounds interesting.
Is anyone aware of any peripheral acting opioid antagonists that can be found in nature?
I think coffee has peripherally acting opioid antagonists in it, but I'd have to go read up again.
Basically I'm looking for a way that somebody could take buprenorphine & get the CNS effects but have bupes action be blocked in the gut.
I'm guessing because of bupes binding affinity, it's gonna be hard to find anything (especially natural) that can displace it from the receptor in the gut. But I'm curious.

Strangely, I searched but could not find much at all on here. Weird.

Does anyone know of any ways, over the counter, to extend the duration of hydrocodone or make it stronger?
I'm not talking about shit like "benadryl" or anything like that. Anything to inhibit any liver enzymes or anything?

I've had the pleasure to enjoy a few 10's currently. I've been on subs for about 5 years. Weirdly, I can feel 10-20mg of hydro over my subs. They actually feel similar, except I find buprenorphine is more "heavy & sedating", where as the hydro is more energizing and clear headed. But the issue is that within 4-6hrs (some times less) of taking hydro, I will start yawning and eyes will start watering (first signs of withdrawals coming on) and I end up having to take some subs anyways.

Am I shit out of luck or is there anything I can do to enjoy these longer?

Also I take gabapentin, but read it can hinder hydro's BA. So should it be skipped before & during the effects? Would taking a gabapentin a few hours in reduce the experience?

Weirdly I have found putting a lot of half-and-half in coffee enhanced it a bit more than without coffee.

Any fatty food/drink objectively seems to strengthen the life-ruining high a bit.

Something I observed back when I made this post....
Taking gabapentin during the main effects of hydrocodone felt eerily similar to being thrown into precipitated withdrawal like how it would feel to take subs on heroin.
I know this is because gabapentin reduces hydrocodone in the blood. But damn, it felt like PWD almost.

Something I observed back when I made this post....
Taking gabapentin during the main effects of hydrocodone felt eerily similar to being thrown into precipitated withdrawal like how it would feel to take subs on heroin.
I know this is because gabapentin reduces hydrocodone in the blood. But damn, it felt like PWD almost.
As mentioned, I take Pregabalin, wish I believe is in the same category, but I might be wrong.

I take 300 - 400 mgs just before I take my Hydro (10/325) I'll take 4 or 5 tabs. Also don't forget the tagament and besr grapuit juice you can. I can't stand it, but it is not much worse than Kratom.