• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health any schizophrenics have exp. with DMT?

Here's that thread on health q & a,
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=192178&r=15

I don't have time at this moment to reply to some things in here, i'll come back later though - anyway, just to 'update', my friend has been doing fine ever since he toked the DMT. Wierd he said even his muscle rigidity/movements thought to be caused by the anti-psychotic are more fluid and normal, there are still side effects but strange days after the DMT this effect is still there.

%)

yaesutom said:
there are still side effects but strange days after the DMT this effect is still there.

Could you clarify this a little, are you saying that the muscle rigidity is the side effect and that it is still present?

^^

I mean the muscle rigidity from the anti-psychotic thats normally present is mostly gone - still there but very much reduced (still now days later). After doing DMT most people if they move around a little after smoking some - or in the 'afterglow', there is a fluidity with everything - also it somehow relaxes muscles, don't really know now to explain it but anti-rigid, I think from my experience with others it seems to be an effect experienced by everyone so I did expect this, but, didn't expect it to last longer than after the DMT has worn off!

In the "fluid" state, coordination is excellent (and easy to experiment yourself with, using low doses, not enough to 'trip' but to get this effect), i mean your hands are super steady, coordination, speed of eyes focusing/speed of the mind, feels more like living in the "now", calms the mind (but any other active alkaloids, especially from experience mimosa root bark that is mixed in there can make it not as clear and stuff).

Really, not that i have any clue why, but something about DMT specifically, that makes it act on SOMETHING, somehow, that is just totally different than any other psychedelic that i've ever tried. Mushrooms/5-meo-dmt might have some overlapping effects (i find 5-meo-dmt 'fluid") but there's just nothing like DMT - and if there was a known active analog of DMT that was orally active, but still retained mostly just DMT's activity, well! I'd wanna get a few thousand kg's made :).

subdefy said:
...should be ruled out as a "myth."

myth comes from the greek word mythos which means story. so why shouldnt schizophrenia be ruled out as a story?

yaesutom said:
Anyway an update on my friend.

Picked him up yesterday to drive over and see another friend who's got all my old pirate radio equipment now and running it (87.9 FM detroit area). I used to do this years ago, and so has my friend, I had my station on the "west side" and his on the "east side" and while driving there was a cross over point where my station would fade right into his station (driving east/west).

There's not many people from the Detroit area here but, if so most likely if you don't remember, you know someone that was a regular listener :) ("dungeon radio" "87.9 87x"). Right now there's two stations up, both on 87.9 FM, 'Noize from Nowhere land' and then the death/thrash metal one on the "east side" (dont wnat to name cities here ;) )

So we went over my one friends house (noize from nowhere) and got the guy from the other station to come out and all hung out (I've known my friend Brad 'the schizo' and the metal station guy for years etc).

-- We talked about the DMT experience, he took his regular Geodon dose like normal the one night, and the next day (the day i'm talking about) he said he still feels GREAT, feels like the old Brad again, just like before all this has happened. Also, he said he also noticed that the muscle rigidity, or more robotic movements caused from the Geodon are lessened, he still feels more 'fluid' and its easier to move around. He looked overall less zombie like and really, more like his old self.

Talked about using DMT only when necessary, as a medicine, if he goes back home and if some symptoms start to show their face again then smoke some, but not just any old random time. I'm hoping if necessary in the future a toke of DMT (maybe even some music playing that was on the last time) might remind the mind how it was to be 'all together now'.

Well I have a strong feeling it will only be better from here, I do not think smoking DMT is going to bring on some full crazy episode - there are NOT many people who go 'crazy' (i mean crazy in a bad way people) from using psychedelics, I don't know but i'm still looking for the dude who thinks he's a cup of orange juice (or whatever it was).

I laughed with him about "the new cure for schizophrenia: smoke some DMT!". Its not that though, psychedelics in the right settings with trusted people, etc, therapy, i know can 'cure' so SO much of this kind of thing, but today isn't like before and they aren't 'accepted' for even hardly any medical research anymore.

I wouldnt be me if it weren't for these tools, and I like the me that I am :).

how far south...like 696 good enough or do you gotta be in the hood...like mcnichols or something? i have heard a random metal station on around the high 80s before....thatd be fucking nuts if it was you guys...

B240C said:
myth comes from the greek word mythos which means story. so why shouldnt schizophrenia be ruled out as a story?

Try thinking in the socially-accepted way of what myth means then you will find your answer.

how far south...like 696 good enough or do you gotta be in the hood...like mcnichols or something? i have heard a random metal station on around the high 80s before....thatd be fucking nuts if it was you guys...

hahahhaah, well, i'm sure its us :). 87.9 FM, really the lowest frequency you'd ever hear a radio station on - and if there's one on 87.9, its definitely a pirate station, and, lol, anywhere within 10 miles of the roseville station (13 mile /gratiot area, the metal one) or 20 miles away from the royal oak one (..like 11 mile / main st. in royal oak) you'll hear it in a car fo' shizzle.

My one friend in royal oak hasn't had his on lately, damn lazy ass he's gotta just hook up a timer for the transmitter (for about 6pm - 6am) - because when his station is on (hehe, and my old equipment, must be why it KICKS SOME ASS with the signal/coverage/sound quality ;) ) you'll hear that fucker like... well, everywhere :) - and we haven't even hooked up this other RF amplifier thats sitting here (not sure if we want to/should). So definitely set a preset in your car to 87.9, if you hear some crazy sounds its probably my friend playing with "noise" down there he kinda goes into this ..orgasmic state for hours, well if you tuned it in while he's on you'd know it.

Schiz might be due to low DMT in the brain and not too much like some have proposed. Descartes also knew about the pineal, i think he called it the seat of the soul, if we look at humans we see many doubles, two ears, eyes, brain.halves etc. but ONE pineal, its also very active at birth, so i think it would be responsible of the functionality of the body and soul conection

well you also have one heart and one liver...where do those fit in?

Donbon said:
Schiz might be due to low DMT in the brain and not too much like some have proposed. Descartes also knew about the pineal, i think he called it the seat of the soul, if we look at humans we see many doubles, two ears, eyes, brain.halves etc. but ONE pineal, its also very active at birth, so i think it would be responsible of the functionality of the body and soul conection

Pseudoscience. Your making huge assumptions that DMT is actually in the brain.

DMT is a natural neurotransmitter found in both man, animal and plant and it has many derivates one is the 4-ho, nmt etc. its linked with man and nature and is a link of man and nature as well as the other dimensions its a very spiritual neurotransmitter probably conected with birth, sleep, death cycle where the soul leaves the body and travels to other worldly dimensions

DMT IS in the brain its a natural neurotransmitter produced in the pineal, just try to go on complete darkness for 14 days then the melatonin will be converted and when pinoline emerges then something interesting happens just eat lots of tryptophan and/or eat lots of tryptophan sam-e for methyl donation and maoi inhibitor + enzymes b6, b16 c etc, dosnt they teadch that in school? Its a seccet, its been indentified with a conection with the thirt eye chakra, the two petaled lotus

The human as a whole is conected with the universe, the liver is conected with jupiter, the heart with the sun, the brain with the moon, the lungs with mercury etc. realy we are mikro cosmic refelctions of cosmos...

Donbon said:
DMT is a natural neurotransmitter found in both man, animal and plant and it has many derivates one is the 4-ho, nmt etc. its linked with man and nature and is a link of man and nature as well as the other dimensions its a very spiritual neurotransmitter probably conected with birth, sleep, death cycle where the soul leaves the body and travels to other worldly dimensions

DMT IS in the brain its a natural neurotransmitter produced in the pineal, just try to go on complete darkness for 14 days then the melatonin will be converted and when pinoline emerges then something interesting happens just eat lots of tryptophan and/or eat lots of tryptophan sam-e for methyl donation and maoi inhibitor + enzymes b6, b16 c etc, dosnt they teadch that in school? Its a seccet, its been indentified with a conection with the thirt eye chakra, the two petaled lotus

The human as a whole is conected with the universe, the liver is conected with jupiter, the heart with the sun, the brain with the moon, the lungs with mercury etc. realy we are mikro cosmic refelctions of cosmos...

References and studies or else your a complete quack.

or else your a complete quack.

If you really wanted to look clean and scholarly, perhaps you should beef up on your grammar skills..

And if you knew anything about DMT, you'd know the source.

What's fascinating about this gland is that it is situated exactly so that every sensory input is channelled through the pineal before reaching processing centers, and vice versa.

StagnantReaction said:
If you really wanted to look clean and scholarly, perhaps you should beef up on your grammar skills..

And if you knew anything about DMT, you'd know the source.

What's fascinating about this gland is that it is situated exactly so that every sensory input is channelled through the pineal before reaching processing centers, and vice versa.

I'm aware of the theory.

# The Psychedelic Pineal
A "DMT theory of pineal function" has great appeal, as many of the necessary ingredients and enzymes for its formation exist in remarkably high concentrations in the pineal. Building upon existing data, I present several scenarios in which the pineal may produce DMT instead of melatonin. I speculate about endogenous DMT's role in dreams, meditation, birth, near-death, and death. I suggest that the individual's life-force enters the body through the pineal at 49 days after conception, and leaves it through the pineal gland at death. This 49-day prenatal period corresponds to the first signs of fetal pineal tissue, the differentiation of the gonads into male and female, and how long it takes between the death of an individual and its soul's next rebirth according to the Tibetan Buddhist tradition. I suggest a meta-physical model in which biological, psychological, and spiritual drives or impulses all may exist in a dynamic tension within this spirit gland.

source: http://www.rickstrassman.com/dmt/chaptersummaries.html

Perhaps since we're on the english language we should review the word theory. Yes it is a THEORY not FACT. I'm still in school and learning the english language. So I'm sorry if my english skills are not adequete enough for your to understand 8). Perhaps next time I will have a friend who has more education then me look over my posts and check for grammar and spelling mistakes? I'll take it into consideration.

the·o·ry Audio pronunciation of "theory" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (th-r, thîr)
n. pl. the·o·ries

1. A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.
2. The branch of a science or art consisting of its explanatory statements, accepted principles, and methods of analysis, as opposed to practice: a fine musician who had never studied theory.
3. A set of theorems that constitute a systematic view of a branch of mathematics.
4. Abstract reasoning; speculation: a decision based on experience rather than theory.
5. A belief or principle that guides action or assists comprehension or judgment: staked out the house on the theory that criminals usually return to the scene of the crime.
6. An assumption based on limited information or knowledge; a conjecture.

You added an extra period.

subdefy, i was going to get on here and make a huge post and quote you here there wherever and do whatever, but, blah.. ya know..

Let me ask you a question, so its been 5+ days since he smoked the DMT, the one time, his "schizophrenia" is still gone - is this a good or bad thing to you? No matter what your opinions are on it, .. it happened, he smoked DMT, and this is what happened, so what about it?

I get on here and almost feel angry at some responses from people, i mean jesus fucking christ, HE SMOKED DMT, IT WAS A POSITIVE EXPERIENCE THAT SEEMS TO HAVE CHANGED HIM FOR GOOD, long after the DMT wore off, sure sure sure - argue, "well its been only 5-6 days... " . Maybe him being a good close personal friend has something to do with this, so what if you knew a 'full blown' paranoid schizophrenic who you've known for years and years and has been one of your best friends, whether you like it or not, you see him take a giant toke of DMT and .. this happens, would THAT maybe make you stop and think, "whoa, this is very interesting and an incredibly good thing, a thing so good its worth further discussing publicly" etc?

You still gonna tell me this was bad? I'm NOT saying, if you have full blown "paranoid schizophrenia" to go and smoke a hit of DMT, i'm simply now relaying some good info (i think anyway!) on .. what HAPPENED. I didn't expect it to be THIS GOOD!.

So far the "you stupid fuck, you don't let a schizo smoke DMT' people haven't said a damn thing (except maybe one.. two possibly, i'm too lazy to look right now honestly). Maybe some have read it, and thought "hmm , interesting!" but don't wanna post now because .. nothing bad to say about it?? or what? Except more bitching, the kind of bitching you did before this HAD HAPPENED. Bitching like, it hasn't happened yet and it won't work or something - but, it did!

Maybe i'll just see a couple posts like, "yeah, right, sounds impossible i don't believe it"?

---
Subdefy sorry but nothing you say about Ram Dass, lol - you haven't read any books by him, you 'assume' whatever he thinks is some drug induced... whatever. I'm sending tons of copies to everyone i'd send you one but i kinda doubt you'd even read it.. (but, we're making a PDF file to throw up on the net soon hehe). Read that whole book first then i'll actually read and respond to anything you have to say about the guy. I'm not even gonna bring stuff up/bother to quote people who are gonna say this and that about some guy, or especially some sub group/sub culture/religion/freaks that might have taken his book and become some crazy followers/turned it into a mini dogma religion(s) or whatever.. thats those people that sure ain't Ram Dass.

---
Sooo who else , AFTER THE FACT, actually might think this is an interesting thing that has happened? To read posts and be like "what the fuck?", people posting shit .. like they got this opinion/belief system that.. prevents them from maybe stop with the anti-DMT rants and actually think.. hmm, intersting. I dunno, but thats all I got to say right now, i'm in a browsing the net mode tonight and thats what i'm gonna do :).

yaesutom said:
subdefy, i was going to get on here and make a huge post and quote you here there wherever and do whatever, but, blah.. ya know..

:( I'd love for you to do that!

---
Subdefy sorry but nothing you say about Ram Dass, lol - you haven't read any books by him, you 'assume' whatever he thinks is some drug induced... whatever. I'm sending tons of copies to everyone i'd send you one but i kinda doubt you'd even read it.. (but, we're making a PDF file to throw up on the net soon hehe). Read that whole book first then i'll actually read and respond to anything you have to say about the guy. I'm not even gonna bring stuff up/bother to quote people who are gonna say this and that about some guy, or especially some sub group/sub culture/religion/freaks that might have taken his book and become some crazy followers/turned it into a mini dogma religion(s) or whatever.. thats those people that sure ain't Ram Dass.
---

Ah yaestrom you assume I made a blind assumption but I did take the time to go look up information regarding Ram Dass aka Richard Alpert. The few things which caught my mind were

# LSD (1966)
# Psychedelic Experience (1964, 1992)
# LSD and Sexuality (1969)

and his collaboration with Timothy Leary! Also I've seen these Eastern ideaology attempting to blend with western ideaology over and over and have never really seen it gone anywhere except for Aum Shinryoko who eventually failed but during his peak 8o demi-god status.

Sooo who else , AFTER THE FACT, actually might think this is an interesting thing that has happened? To read posts and be like "what the fuck?", people posting shit .. like they got this opinion/belief system that.. prevents them from maybe stop with the anti-DMT rants and actually think.. hmm, intersting. I dunno, but thats all I got to say right now, i'm in a browsing the net mode tonight and thats what i'm gonna do :).

It's not an anti-DMT rant, it's more looking out for the person's sanity. Your messing around with a mentally ill persons mind which has been known on certain psychedelic to trigger manic/psychotic episodes. I'm trying to look out for people who are looking at this and saying. Wow. Well that d00d gave that d00d dmt maybe I can like drop 5 hits with my friend who is bipolar and it will cure him. I believe we are products of our peers and envirorment and you are a peer of bluelight/psychedelic community. People have been known to eat coircidin because someone has seen someone do it safely. Don't want to put out the wrong message, do we? I mean bluelight's purpose IS harm reduction.

Well it seems to me that the fact that he smoked DMT is just that. A fact. And it's a fact that it helped him.

So that's a GOOD thing!

Keep us updated,...
Is it a 1 time miricle cure?
Will small "medical", as needed doses work otherwise?

I mean, DMT, at least if it's smoked, is so quick and powerful, I really can't see the harm in a controlled environment. People with schizophrenia may have delusions, voices, and visuals to begin with so a DMT trip might not be that much of a shock to them =D

And, since it's so short and powerful I would think it would be the ideal candidate to really "rewire" somebody's brain.

But what do I know? Well, yaesutom and his friend Brad know a whole lot more than I do about this topic, so I was hesitant to chime in with my opinion in this thread until I heard the results. And the results seem GOOD so far!

I'm optimistic, because personally LSD and mushrooms have really helped snap me out of periods of depression and depersonalization. Then again, I've overused psychedelics at times and found many of them (mostly phenethylamines) to be worthless in this regard. My own experiences with DMT were fascinating but I think it's just personal preference that I prefer to work with LSD and mushrooms.

Keep us updated :)

Oh yeah... the conditions we're talking about are actual conditions, but they are cultural and temporal disorders.

subdefy said:
I mean bluelight's purpose IS harm reduction.

It may be. But we don't all represent Bluelight ;)

There are a lot of smart people on this site doing "fringe research" nobody else would be. Why not try to get something out of it?

Last edited:
its happened,its had a positive effect on him,the information has been made available for those who are interested and i find this very interesting.especially since yaesutoms care is being followed up and the guy is being well looked after/helped.i wish people wouldnt be so judgemental on here sometimes.i would far rather know about things like this happening than not.a lot of things start out as just anecdotal evidence.